Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

Hey Ya'll!!
happy new year to all of you (I'm sure you're getting tired of hearing that).
I go away for a few weeks and people up and get married and engaged...serves me right for being so busy. It's been a little crazy since the storm and then there was a 100,000 gallon crude oil spill between NJ and Staten Island right before Christmas. then to top it all off, my grandmother was rush to the ER the day after Christmas for emergency surgery so that has been where I have spent all of my free time.
I have been looking at planning my birthday trip, so far I have the one thing I want planned which is dinner at V&A on my birthday. My BFF is taking the day off to spend it with me which is cool. I haven't thought anything beyond that. I may stay at the AOA or of course my favorite POR. So I am open to anything that I could do for my birthday
Hope everyone is doing well, congrats to all you crazy people that are getting married, best of luck planning and I wish you all nothing but happiness.
to all of our new friends, so glad to have you here, I hope you get to meet the members of this 'interesting' group, if nothing else we can be very entertaining
but I'm back and I should be able to keep up with the topic (or topics) of discussion this week. Missed you all

Hey Ya'll!!
I go away for a few weeks and people up and get married and engaged...serves me right for being so busy. It's been a little crazy since the storm and then there was a 100,000 gallon crude oil spill between NJ and Staten Island right before Christmas. then to top it all off, my grandmother was rush to the ER the day after Christmas for emergency surgery so that has been where I have spent all of my free time.
I have been looking at planning my birthday trip, so far I have the one thing I want planned which is dinner at V&A on my birthday. My BFF is taking the day off to spend it with me which is cool. I haven't thought anything beyond that. I may stay at the AOA or of course my favorite POR. So I am open to anything that I could do for my birthday
Hope everyone is doing well, congrats to all you crazy people that are getting married, best of luck planning and I wish you all nothing but happiness.
to all of our new friends, so glad to have you here, I hope you get to meet the members of this 'interesting' group, if nothing else we can be very entertaining
but I'm back and I should be able to keep up with the topic (or topics) of discussion this week. Missed you all

Wow, you have missed a lot, it sounds like you have been busy. I hope your grandmother is doing better. Is she still in the hospital? How did I not hear about the oil spill?

You HAVE to celebrate your birthday at V&A. We went there in December 2011,and had the most amazing meal. It is really a dining experience, we still talk about how fantastic the food was. We ate in the Queen Victorian room and had the wine pairings. It was truly the best meal ever and our server, Allen was the best. He truly was a professional and practically read our minds knowing when we needed him and when to stand back. I could go on and on, but go and try it for yourself. You won't be disappointed. I know we can't wait to go back!

I look forward to hearing all about your birthday trip. We haven't decided yet when our next trip is. Maybe 5 years from now. Lol. We just need to get planning.:)

ctnurse said:
Of course it is, since I told you all about it. It has been a bit slow lately, but people will stop by. Welcome.

Thanks! Maybe now that the holidays are over it will pick up!

Hey SSC peeps.

Hope everyone had a great New Year. I was just stopping in to say Hi.
Got a trip in 4 days. :cool1:
Sorry I dont get on here much. Ever since the big oops in the Disdads thread we have been hiding over on our own board now and it has been incident free.

Glad to see that there has been some Magic in this thread. Never give up hope people.

Have a great week.

TekMickey said:
Hey SSC peeps.

Sorry I dont get on here much. Ever since the big oops in the Disdads thread we have been hiding over on our own board now and it has been incident free.

Glad to see that there has been some Magic in this thread. Never give up hope people.

Have a great week.

OK now I need to be nosey...what was the big oops???

OK now I need to be nosey...what was the big oops???

Well, there was a conversation about bacon and some pictures were posted, and then more pictures and it went too far.
Some people were Banned, and then everyone apologised and everything was ok.
But it just brought to light that there was potential for some topics to get out of hand and needed to be someplace more private than a family board.

I can't even imagine how pictures of bacon can get out of hand, maybe those DISdads are even crazier than the SSC. I can't remember such a scandal here.:thumbsup2

Hey Ya'll!!

Happy New years, sexxy

Hey SSC peeps.

Have a great week.

Welcome, I am in shock, a male Disney fan from Texas? Just rare on these boards is all:)

Who will be at WDW solo in April 2013? If anyone might like to meet for a meal, please send me a PM.

Wow, you have missed a lot, it sounds like you have been busy. I hope your grandmother is doing better. Is she still in the hospital? How did I not hear about the oil spill?

You HAVE to celebrate your birthday at V&A. We went there in December 2011,and had the most amazing meal. It is really a dining experience, we still talk about how fantastic the food was. We ate in the Queen Victorian room and had the wine pairings. It was truly the best meal ever and our server, Allen was the best. He truly was a professional and practically read our minds knowing when we needed him and when to stand back. I could go on and on, but go and try it for yourself. You won't be disappointed. I know we can't wait to go back!

I look forward to hearing all about your birthday trip. We haven't decided yet when our next trip is. Maybe 5 years from now. Lol. We just need to get planning.:)

she is doing better, they are sending her to the rehab center today to work on getting her strength back and the facility is a few blocks from our house. she should be home soon so we are so happy about that!
I went to V&A with the NE Divas a couple of years ago and you are right, it is a dining experience! I still have the menu from it. I just don't want to spend a fortune on a resort, I really wanted to try to stay at a deluxe but when I started pricing everything I could on 2 vacations for the price of staying at a deluxe...oh well, I know I will be happy where ever I stay...

Well, there was a conversation about bacon and some pictures were posted, and then more pictures and it went too far.
Some people were Banned, and then everyone apologised and everything was ok.
But it just brought to light that there was potential for some topics to get out of hand and needed to be someplace more private than a family board.

so let me understand this, the dads...wait! Disney Dads got into it over bacon and you took it to a place it shouldn't have gone and you got in trouble AND you all apologized?? I so wish I had followed that thread!:rotfl: everything is supposed to be better with bacon!
I guess you all know that someone is always watching you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter