Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

I stayed at pop over new years and had no issues with the busses and that says a lot since the crowds are bad those days

Sorry that I have been MIA for a few days. My son was here with me visiting from GTMO so I have been spending a fair amount of time with him. He left yesterday morning so now I am back in the swing of planning. . .

I will post a poll of the weekends in October. Whichever one wins the most votes will most likely be our choice. I don't care as I can get there whenever I want, but most of you travel from out of state.

Oh, and just a heads up. The new RFID readers are in place at most turnstiles at the parks. Paper annual passes are going away. If you renew this year you will get the new RFID pass and the new rules that go with that. I also believe they will be charging for replacement annual passes if you lose them (Disneyland in California already does this and has for years). There will be some new restrictions on fast passes as well, though I haven't read the whole new process yet.

Nice to see everyone and welcome to the newbies.

Well shucks. . .it appears that polls are only allowed on new thread starts, not on replies to existing threads. I will go create one and you all can vote. . .

I didnt't realize Pop had it's own bus system either until yesterday when I was on the phone with Reservations. I was originally booked at ASMu but the CM told me about the bus system and the fact that they rarely/never host cheerleaders through most of the year, and I was hooked.
Wow that's really interesting.

These things happen....it was the Rum's fault.

As I recall I was the only one drinking the rum (after you made a run down to the lobby to get a bottle just so I'd drink).... The Rum would be free from all blame. Well, At least blame about a missing memory. Rachel may have some complaints about it. ;)

Just had 4.5 fun days at WDW and am about to catch my bus over to the Dream for my cruise, wanted to pop in and say hi!!!

I want details on your cruise. It's starting to look like we may end up doing a cruise for the Honeymoon instead of the massive disney trip we were originally planning. Rachel really wants to do the cruise since we'll have her parents looking after Gus and she'd rather not have to worry about him when she goes on a cruise.

Her parents just got back from a cruise at the beginning of the month, so that just adds to her excitement.

Sorry that I have been MIA for a few days. My son was here with me visiting from GTMO so I have been spending a fair amount of time with him. He left yesterday morning so now I am back in the swing of planning. . .

I will post a poll of the weekends in October. Whichever one wins the most votes will most likely be our choice. I don't care as I can get there whenever I want, but most of you travel from out of state.

Oh, and just a heads up. The new RFID readers are in place at most turnstiles at the parks. Paper annual passes are going away. If you renew this year you will get the new RFID pass and the new rules that go with that. I also believe they will be charging for replacement annual passes if you lose them (Disneyland in California already does this and has for years). There will be some new restrictions on fast passes as well, though I haven't read the whole new process yet.

Nice to see everyone and welcome to the newbies.

I guess we will get the new RFID pass when we are there in May. We will have to figure out a day to meet.

I'm also not going to answer your poll, we will wait and see what the dates are and go from there, hopefully we can make the trip.

As I recall I was the only one drinking the rum (after you made a run down to the lobby to get a bottle just so I'd drink).... The Rum would be free from all blame. Well, At least blame about a missing memory. Rachel may have some complaints about it. ;)

I want details on your cruise. It's starting to look like we may end up doing a cruise for the Honeymoon instead of the massive disney trip we were originally planning. Rachel really wants to do the cruise since we'll have her parents looking after Gus and she'd rather not have to worry about him when she goes on a cruise.

Her parents just got back from a cruise at the beginning of the month, so that just adds to her excitement.

Erik and I have been talking about a Disney Cruise too, especially after seeing the pictures Tara posted on FB. It will have to wait for now since we are planning a trip in early May to WDW.

Throw Ireland in there too, especially if you are a beer lover. Was there in January, and sitting in Irish Pub drinking the local brew is pretty good. I am not a stout fan, but I had my mandatory Guinness when in country and then switched to the local brews and ciders.

Some years back I had some work in Arklow, south of Dublin. I had a blast. I ended up hanging out with the locals all week in the pubs of Bray. As you probably know, business travel is an interesting way to see the world. I don't usually get to see the touristy stuff, but it's an amazing way to get a feel for the real culture and local flavor of different areas.

You will the love the beer in Germany, it is so tasty, wait the beer is pretty tasty in Switzerland and Scotland too. ;) You need to visit and we can all sample the beer!
Brock, are you on FB yet???

I've still somehow managed to avoid FB. Every now and then I ponder joining up, but I have friends and relatives who treat FB like crack ... and it pretty much scares me away. That or I could become the next Kip Drordy (South Park ref). For now I'm sort of on the fence.

peteanddebbie said:
EWWWWWWWWW....Carnival is going to have to change its name. It has a black cloud over it now. I was on the Triumph years ago, but I don't think I would ever do Carnival again.

I was on the triumph too, I keep busting my mother because she is going on the carnival pride in june

goofyfigment said:
I was on the triumph too, I keep busting my mother because she is going on the carnival pride in june

I sailed the Triumph in November, had a great time! Too bad they keep having so many issues, not good...

Hello Fellow Single Disney lovers!!!! I am a Princess, hairstylist & single mom from the DC area. My mom actually suggested I come join in on all the fun here(she is always lurking around disboards!) Looking for new friends to share my nerdy Disney love with!!! :)

Hello Fellow Single Disney lovers!!!! I am a Princess, hairstylist & single mom from the DC area. My mom actually suggested I come join in on all the fun here(she is always lurking around disboards!) Looking for new friends to share my nerdy Disney love with!!! :)
Welcome!

:welcome: to the group. Gotta love those mom's who lurk around here and 'suggest' their kids join in the fun. (HI MOMS!!). PotcAddict joined us for the same reason back in the day. :rotfl:

Go ahead and pull up a chair, order up a drink, and join into the fun! :goodvibes:goodvibes

:welcome: to the group. Gotta love those mom's who lurk around here and 'suggest' their kids join in the fun. (HI MOMS!!). PotcAddict joined us for the same reason back in the day. :rotfl:

Go ahead and pull up a chair, order up a drink, and join into the fun! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Thank you! She has been a lurker for YEARS haha & I finally listened !!

:welcome: to the group. Gotta love those mom's who lurk around here and 'suggest' their kids join in the fun. (HI MOMS!!). PotcAddict joined us for the same reason back in the day.

Plus five, I'll say right up front. As it is most days, these days, at the Chinese-water-torture that is my day job, it was a rough day.

Does it make one a bad son if one has dragged one's mother, who, in the mists of the past, wasn't given to such behavior, into one's drinking circle? Is it better or worse if one's drinking companions have adopted her as the group mother?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter