Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

:welcome: to the group! You should have a blast around here as we are always an interesting group. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Just a heads up, Make sure you get your BWV reservation in ASAP. Because of it's proximity to the International Gateway It's always EXTREMELY popular around F&W.

It kinda started unoffficially with a few of us who just happened to have visits planned around the same weekend.... last year however it was a bit more official.

Basically, We try and pick sometime during F&W when we all meet up down at WDW and spend the day hanging out. It's a blast, and everyone who wants to join us is welcome to do so.
Yes, thank you we booked our BWV reservation in November or December so we are all set! Oh wow, the Annual Meet sounds pretty cool.

I can't travel solo due to my disability. I will be with my parents, my grandmother, and two nurses. Where are you staying? We are renting points to stay at BWV. We did that last time and it worked out pretty well. It's definitely cheaper, especially when you're traveling with a group. I did MNSSHP last time. The fireworks, parade, and Disney Villains show were awesome. The castle changed colors constantly. I don't know that I would want to do it again though. I wonder if it is the same fireworks, parade, and shows or if it is different each year.

I am staying 3 nights at AKL and the rest of my trip at POP. These will be my very first Disney resort stays. SUPER EXCITED!:banana:

I've heard good things on the Villa, I'm glad they work out for you.

Did you dress up for MNSSHP, I heard that's the only way to really enjoy it! I wonder the same thing about the parade and shows. I will research and let you know what I come across.

I am staying 3 nights at AKL and the rest of my trip at POP. These will be my very first Disney resort stays. SUPER EXCITED!:banana:

I've heard good things on the Villa, I'm glad they work out for you.

Did you dress up for MNSSHP, I heard that's the only way to really enjoy it! I wonder the same thing about the parade and shows. I will research and let you know what I come across.
I hope you love AKL! We went to AKL to have dinner at Boma last time we went and we loved it! We spent like an hour after dinner walking around AKL and Kidani village. It's so beautiful and so warm and inviting. If it wasn't so far away from everything else, we would stay there in a heartbeat. You'll have to let me know what you think of it. What's POP? We've only stayed on-property twice, once in 98 and once in 2010. Before 98, we always stayed off property. There's really nothing like staying in the parks. It's so convenient and once you stay on property, you'll never want to stay anywhere else! Yeah, the villas work well when you have large groups. They're not as luxurious and well-maintained as the resort rooms but it meets our needs. No we didn't dress up for MNSSHP! I didn't know that people did that but it was fun anyway. The only thing is make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get there so you get a good viewing spot for the parade. I went with my friend and a nurse. We left about an hour before the earlier parade started and the bus made a few stops along the way. We got there not even 5 minutes before the parade started and the viewing areas were packed! It's nice to be right in front because the parade people give out candy along the way. We weren't so lucky! I think the best place to watch the fireworks is outside of the emporium - great view and easy exit out ahead of the mad rush. Let me know what you find out!

Hi i would be down for a meet up. I will be at wdw from nov9_14. , the trail end of food and wine

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

arfisher12 said:
Hi i would be down for a meet up. I will be at wdw from nov9_14. , the trail end of food and wine

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I'll be there the same time, but it sounds like the meet is going to be in October. Too bad.

Well then, hope, pray, bribe, voodoo, and whatever else you think may help send me some good luck for a job I just applied for. I saw an internal posting for a position at the lab in Downingtown last week that I decided to apply for. If I get it, I'm assuming it'll come with a nice pay raise.... and since it's a job at the corporate level instead of the Region level I'm at now, it means I'll likely no longer be able to officially take part in the company picnic. That, in turn, means that there will be some more freedom to play with the meet dates.
And all honesty.... It seems much more likely that I'll get the new job than we have of politicians actually learning to compromise in order to get something accomplished.... ;)

:rotfl:

I will hope, pray, bribe, and ask my friend Tia Dalma to work some magic for you. not because it might benefit me, but because it is something that you want, and I always want the best for my friends, family, and crew. :thumbsup2pirate:

E... I'm gonna have to correct you right there. While most of us have some great memories of the party, There were a couple people whose memories of the party are a little.....fuzzy.... ;)

:lmao::lmao:

:drinking1

These things happen....it was the Rum's fault.

Hopefully you can make it down. I'm even thinking about hitting the Halloween party this year. Over the years I've found that Monday is usually the best day for the F&W. Friday may be crowded, but that's still probably way better than how bad the Saturday crowds got.

I resemble that remark

I definitely recommend the Halloween Party, it was a blast. You must go in costume. Perhaps not the best idea to tag it with a in room party the same night....just saying.

Weather is warming up in Germany. The beer is flowing good, and looking forward to hitting the cafes this summer in Heidelberg. Great city if I do say so for my self.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday....is it Thirsty Thursday??? Cheers!!

Weather is warming up in Germany. The beer is flowing good, and looking forward to hitting the cafes this summer in Heidelberg. Great city if I do say so for my self.

Sitting outside for an afternoon at a German cafe enjoying great beer and food would pretty much be a perfect day for me.

Although I traveled areas of Europe for work, the only time I've spent in Germany is a short layover in Munich, which really doesn't count. My travel bucket list includes Germany, Switzerland, Scotland, Tanzania, and Australia

I hope you love AKL! We went to AKL to have dinner at Boma last time we went and we loved it! We spent like an hour after dinner walking around AKL and Kidani village. It's so beautiful and so warm and inviting. If it wasn't so far away from everything else, we would stay there in a heartbeat. You'll have to let me know what you think of it. What's POP? We've only stayed on-property twice, once in 98 and once in 2010. Before 98, we always stayed off property. There's really nothing like staying in the parks. It's so convenient and once you stay on property, you'll never want to stay anywhere else! Yeah, the villas work well when you have large groups. They're not as luxurious and well-maintained as the resort rooms but it meets our needs. No we didn't dress up for MNSSHP! I didn't know that people did that but it was fun anyway. The only thing is make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get there so you get a good viewing spot for the parade. I went with my friend and a nurse. We left about an hour before the earlier parade started and the bus made a few stops along the way. We got there not even 5 minutes before the parade started and the viewing areas were packed! It's nice to be right in front because the parade people give out candy along the way. We weren't so lucky! I think the best place to watch the fireworks is outside of the emporium - great view and easy exit out ahead of the mad rush. Let me know what you find out!

I've heard so many good things about AKL and Boma, definitely excited for the whole experience! POP is Pop Century resort. Its a value resort. I chose it because it has its own bus system, so it shouldnt be too bad getting back and forth. I have the TouringPlans subscription and I have been checking out the expected crowd values for our dates, and they all look really low, like 3s and 4s, which is great! Do you remember it being crowded when you went around the same time? Thanks for the tip for MNSSHP! I will definitely give myself atleast an hour. I have been researching the best viewing areas for the fireworks. I absolutely LOVE fireworks. I'll probably end up crying.

Just had 4.5 fun days at WDW and am about to catch my bus over to the Dream for my cruise, wanted to pop in and say hi!!!

Sitting outside for an afternoon at a German cafe enjoying great beer and food would pretty much be a perfect day for me.

Although I traveled areas of Europe for work, the only time I've spent in Germany is a short layover in Munich, which really doesn't count. My travel bucket list includes Germany, Switzerland, Scotland, Tanzania, and Australia

Throw Ireland in there too, especially if you are a beer lover. Was there in January, and sitting in Irish Pub drinking the local brew is pretty good. I am not a stout fan, but I had my mandatory Guinness when in country and then switched to the local brews and ciders.

I loved Heidelburg when I was over in Germany. It was almost a weekly trip for us from Frankfurt.

Looks like I might be heading over to Geneva for work a few times in the upcoming months, looking forward to it!

You will the love the beer in Germany, it is so tasty, wait the beer is pretty tasty in Switzerland and Scotland too. ;) You need to visit and we can all sample the beer!
Brock, are you on FB yet???

I loved Heidelburg when I was over in Germany. It was almost a weekly trip for us from Frankfurt.

Looks like I might be heading over to Geneva for work a few times in the upcoming months, looking forward to it!

I was just in Heidelberg a few weeks ago and I agree it is an amazing city!

Just had 4.5 fun days at WDW and am about to catch my bus over to the Dream for my cruise, wanted to pop in and say hi!!!

Have a great time, I have been living vicariously through your posts and pics. We will be there soon, I'll keep you posted. BTW, you would love the German beers too.:)

Brocktoon said:
Welcome aboard! ... Love the ZiggyStardust name ... big fan of old school Bowie, and Mick Ronson was an early influence on my guitar playing. Although I primary played guitar in a cover band many moons ago, I did actually take vocal duties when we played 'Moonage Daydream', 'Ziggy', 'Lady Stardust', and 'Space Oddity'. Horrible singer, but I do a great Bowie impression apparently :confused3
DCTooTall said:
:welcome: to the group. Your name looks familiar, but as much as I get around, if you didn't post here before I could have easily seen you elsewhere on the DIS. ;)

:drinking1

Thx for the welcome!

Yea I've been around the dis for a while. Usually in waves.
The ziggy name was after my dog that I named after Bowie. So kinda roundabout way to get a user name.

Trying to figure out a way to sneak down to wdw during f&w. but being unemployed at the moment isn't helping. Here's hoping!

I've heard so many good things about AKL and Boma, definitely excited for the whole experience! POP is Pop Century resort. Its a value resort. I chose it because it has its own bus system, so it shouldnt be too bad getting back and forth. I have the TouringPlans subscription and I have been checking out the expected crowd values for our dates, and they all look really low, like 3s and 4s, which is great! Do you remember it being crowded when you went around the same time? Thanks for the tip for MNSSHP! I will definitely give myself atleast an hour. I have been researching the best viewing areas for the fireworks. I absolutely LOVE fireworks. I'll probably end up crying.
POP has their own bus system? I had no idea! I hope it won't be too crowded. Last time we went, we went in the middle of September. It was the lowest season for DVC so that's why we went at that time. The crowds really weren't that bad at all. I actually have video of Epcot at 10:00am on a Saturday morning and there was no one there! It was so weird! I love fireworks too! If you love fireworks, you'll love them at MNSSHP!

bellepearle said:
POP has their own bus system? I had no idea! I hope it won't be too crowded. Last time we went, we went in the middle of September. It was the lowest season for DVC so that's why we went at that time. The crowds really weren't that bad at all. I actually have video of Epcot at 10:00am on a Saturday morning and there was no one there! It was so weird! I love fireworks too! If you love fireworks, you'll love them at MNSSHP!

I didnt't realize Pop had it's own bus system either until yesterday when I was on the phone with Reservations. I was originally booked at ASMu but the CM told me about the bus system and the fact that they rarely/never host cheerleaders through most of the year, and I was hooked.

When I was at POP in October, the buses were great. I only waited over 10 mins twice. Once for DTD and once for MK. I have a car, but usually ride the bus since it was off-season. It was nice. I only had one complaint, and it wasn't POP's fault. I stayed 5 night, and on my 3rd night onward a family got the room next to me and they were LOUD. Like slamming doors and running around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter