Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

Yay for March Disney peeps !!!

I am looking forward to Monday arrival for MK rope drop, and Tuesday Epcot park day.

Yummy looking Garden Marketplace kiosks at Epcot F&G Festival, with all that beer and wine, I am hoping it rivals F&W Festival

OMG a Dole whip with spiced rum :thumbsup2 whoo hoo :cool1:

Have fun at Pop, I am doing split stay, first 2 days at POR, second 2 days at CBR

We have a similar schedule, I have MK planned for monday and Epcot Tuesday! Watch out for me and say hi if you happen to see me! The food at Epcot F&G looks so good I canceled a reservation to eat the booths instead...

Enjoy your trip!

It is awesome. Favorite ride? If I am flying old school, I love the Raptor.. my favorite new ride is the Maverick though. So amazing.

I loved my last clinical. Not excited for this one. At least I will surely have some crazy (literally!) stories!

Maverick - by far is my favorite. Second would likely be Raptor. It is really hard to go wrong though with Cedar Point's roller coasters. Except maybe Mantis - I don't really like that one. Oh and Magnum! :) The ride is fun, but I've seen it stuck so many times on the hill that I'm reluctant to ride it anymore.

I got so spoiled by rides when I worked there.

I am back from my almost two week trip to Florida. I need a vacation from my vacation!! We did so much running while I was down there, I just want to relax now. My DBFF and I went to the Daytona 500, Disney, an ECHL hockey game in Orlando and had a wedding in Tampa. It was quite chilly last weekend in Florida and of course the wedding was outside at the aquarium so we were all cold. We were going to go to a baseball game, but Sunday it was chilly and windy so we just decided to shop at DTD. We saw quite a few neat things that we wanted to buy (both at DTD and Fantasyland), but we restrained as we will be back in December.

Maverick - by far is my favorite. Second would likely be Raptor. It is really hard to go wrong though with Cedar Point's roller coasters. Except maybe Mantis - I don't really like that one. Oh and Magnum! :) The ride is fun, but I've seen it stuck so many times on the hill that I'm reluctant to ride it anymore.

I got so spoiled by rides when I worked there.

I don't like the Mantis either. I had my cartilage pierced and when I got off the ride one of the workers was like "YOU EAR!!" and there was blood streaming out of it at the piercing. All the jostling must've knocked my head against the sides too much. No thank you.

I don't think I've been stuck on any rides at CP, thankfully!

Everyone make St Patty's day plans yet? Were having a surprise 60th for my mom.

I not a huge fan of the packed St Patty bar scene. Since it's a weekend, I'm just having some friends overnight. I've got a few cases of Great lakes Irish Red, and we're watching Game of Thrones Season 2. Not exactly wild and crazy, but I guess it's my twisted idea of a decent time.

Tara, I will be there (hopefully with my Son) Saturday through Monday. Maybe we can get a chance to meet up if you have time.

Definetly! We arrive in the evening Saturday, I was just gonna do DTD that evening, then it is park days. Let's plan to meet up, I will be at HS sunday and MK monday, any of those 3 options sound good?

I went to the Belmar (Jersey Shore) parade this past weekend. They always have it a few weeks before St Patty's day. It was a pretty crazy scene. But I had fun!!

that's because Jersey throws the best parades/parties!!
:cheer2:

Definetly! We arrive in the evening Saturday, I was just gonna do DTD that evening, then it is park days. Let's plan to meet up, I will be at HS sunday and MK monday, any of those 3 options sound good?

Let me get this straight.... You are doing the park with her favorite bar and bartenders on Sunday.... and wondering if it sounds good?

DUH!!!

:rotfl:

hello one and all,

I am just looking for some friendly Disney advice.

Planning my first solo trip, thinking the second or third week of Oct., 8 days. I have never stayed on Disney property, though have been to WDW my fair share of times!!

I am wondering what are some recommendations on where I stay and if a dining plan would be worth it, since I will be dining alone. I am a little intimidated by the Value resorts, not sure what to expect if I book one of those, any feedback would be great. Looking to spend around 3500-4000 max. for everything.

Thanks!

oh..and if I'm in the wrong thread, please feel free to point me in the right direction! and sorry -_-

hello one and all,

Planning my first solo trip, thinking the second or third week of Oct., 8 days. I have never stayed on Disney property, though have been to WDW my fair share of times!!

I am wondering what are some recommendations on where I stay and if a dining plan would be worth it, since I will be dining alone. I am a little intimidated by the Value resorts, not sure what to expect if I book one of those, any feedback would be great. Looking to spend around 3500-4000 max. for everything.

Thanks!

oh..and if I'm in the wrong thread, please feel free to point me in the right direction! and sorry -_-

Welcome !!! I'll let someone else answer your question , since I stay off property, when in Orlando
However I highly recommend following this thread to see when our WDW meet is, it will be sometime in OCtober, definitely fun, hanging out with the awesome from this thread
pirate:

Yes, I did see that! I tried to read through as many pages as possible, but it was too overwhelming!

I hope to keep up here and make some new friends!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Yes, I did see that! I tried to read through as many pages as possible, but it was too overwhelming!

good luck keeping up, it often gets crazy in here with topics changing faster than the clock.

definitely a good place to make friends, I've met several people at WDW, then
I attended the first WDW meet, and both of the Hersheypark meets, we have a really great group of people here

Oh and once a date is picked for theWDW meet DC will add it to the first page, and keep it updated with who is attending and any other important info

Let me get this straight.... You are doing the park with her favorite bar and bartenders on Sunday.... and wondering if it sounds good?

DUH!!!

:rotfl:

I think we all have meet Darcy at the Tune Inn Lounge.;)
hello one and all,

Thanks!

Welcome. I have never planned a solo trip, but DS and I stayed at POP, and I really liked it. I know that others might have more info about a solo trip.

Please feel free to jump into any conservation.
good luck keeping up, it often gets crazy in here with topics changing faster than the clock.

definitely a good place to make friends, I've met several people at WDW, then
I attended the first WDW meet, and both of the Hersheypark meets, we have a really great group of people here

Very true, there are a lot of awesome people that are on this thread, several I have met and consider friends. There is also none of the drama that you may find on other threads and boards.

hello one and all,

Thanks!

:welcome: to the group! Always love having new people join in the fun around here.

The Values aren't bad, especially if all you are looking for is a place to sleep at night. Personally though, I tend to think of them as a bit overpriced for what you get... but I'm also a spoiled off-site kinda person. ;)

If you are looking for the least expensive room option onsite for just yourself, the values can't be beat. They can be big, but from what I've seen posted around here, often if you let the front desk know that you are a solo traveler they will sometimes try and get you closer to the main building.

If you want to splurge a little, some of the moderates can also be quite nice. Port Orleans (both sides) are very nice, and often not much more expensive than the values.

As for the Dining plan... You are going to have to crunch the numbers. Personally, I believe it is EXTREMELY hard to get your money's worth on the Disney Dining plans these days. The Podcast even did a segment on it somewhat recently. You will need to look at the cost of the Dining plan you want, and what it includes.... and then you can compare the average cost of a meal (or what you might like to eat) and see if it's even possible for you to break even. You'll also need to figure out if you can really eat as much food as the Dining plan includes. Honestly, I'd probably say pass on the Dining plan. If you want the conveience of the "prepaid meals", just take the $$ you'd spend on the dining plan for your trip, and put it on a disney Gift Card. you'll get the same convenience of the DDP with the flexibility of eating what and when you want..... and possibly even have some extra money left over at the end of the trip for an extra souvenir or two. [If you are a foody however who plans to spend a lot of time eating Tableservice meals around the parks, You might however find the DDP at the apprpriate level worthwhile]

Actually Pirates throw the best parties, wherever they are :cool1:pirate:

I dunno..... the BigE throws a pretty amazing party that could possibly rival a pirate: Party..... It's a close one at least on who's party's are better.

Don't worry about keeping up to speed. For the meets, once they are decided upon I try to keep the first post updated with relavant information. We can move pretty fast at times, and have a form of conversational ADD around here, so if you can't keep up during those spurts it can sometimes just be better to skip to the end and just jump back into things without worrying about missing a few pages of posts.

:

I dunno..... the BigE throws a pretty amazing party that could possibly rival a pirate: Party..... It's a close one at least on who's party's are better.

and when was the last time you attended a Pirate party ? pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter