Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

Hello all

Tried this group a while ago, but giving it another whirl. Hopefully I can keep up this time, lol! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Cheers

columbus day weekend was 10/6 last year which lead to the higher crowds that week. I was down there the same time since 10/13 was our meet last year.

In other meet news..... I got the date for this year's Company picnic at Hershey park. Anybody interested in trying to get together for another regional meet at Hershey this year?

I definitely disappeared from this thread for awhile, you guys can be tough to keep up with!

Maybe I can actually make the Hershey meet this year... But unless the meet is in September before F&W, I won't be able to make it.

I find these single threads to lead to nothing but back and forth messages and they lead to notta.

Just my humble opinion, I have seen several posts from you, and as a woman, I think you are just trying to hard. There are a lot of great women on this board. My advice is to jump in and try to develop friendships first. You never know what will happen, I met a fantastic man on this thread and lots of other great friends.
It really depends on what you are looking to get out of this thread.

This thread was started as just a thread for people to chat freely about anything and everything that comes to mind. Since it was started about 3-4yrs ago (the first thread, we've hit the 250page max a few times), We've had some really strong friendships start between people who chat around here... we've had at least 4 official group meets (2 at Hershey park and 2 at WDW)... and several "unofficial" meets when people have traveled to the parks and had dates overlap..... And for those hoping to actually have a "love connection".... My Fiance and I met for the first time here and at one of our get-togethers at WDW.... And there is at least 1 other couple I know of in this thread who have started seeing each other since the thread started. (And that doesn't factor in the other people currently active here, or who used to be active here, who have found people locally..... At least one of which who was tempted to not even go on their first blind date with their new spouse until several of us here said to do it despite their doubts about it having a future).

So ultimately.... If you are just looking to find the perfect person within a singles thread.... probably not gonna happen. sorry. But if you come in with an open mind and participate, You are pretty much guarenteed to make some new friends..... and you may end up discovering in the process that one of your new friends could be the person you were looking for.

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Very well said and I totally agree. :)

columbus day weekend was 10/6 last year which lead to the higher crowds that week. I was down there the same time since 10/13 was our meet last year.

In other meet news..... I got the date for this year's Company picnic at Hershey park. Anybody interested in trying to get together for another regional meet at Hershey this year?

We are not sure about this year, we have a lot going on, but we are going to try to make the October meet. Erik and I are maybes right now.
I definitely disappeared from this thread for awhile, you guys can be tough to keep up with!

Maybe I can actually make the Hershey meet this year... But unless the meet is in September before F&W, I won't be able to make it.

Welcome back and don't worry about being caught up.

OMG, planning an actual wedding (not just a marriage) is hard when you work full time. You have to go see venues and they really only like to see you during the week. . .its all a bit overwhelming.

I can do Disney any time I want as long as its not a call weekend, I just need to tell them a month in advance what weekend I don't want to do call. . .

I believe that AHoff, our resident bicycle rider/runner is doing that. He mentioned it. I am not sure about anyone else. . .not me, that is for sure.

Is anyone in here doing The Expedition Everest Challenge in May?

I did this a few years ago, but can't swing it for this year. It is a fun race, but only a 5K. If you count the scavenger part you are running trough AK again, so almost a 10K. Was thinking of the ToT race in October also. But already booked a room for marathon next January!

Go on over to the WISH boards, there is a thread setup already for this race.

I did this a few years ago, but can't swing it for this year. It is a fun race, but only a 5K. If you count the scavenger part you are running trough AK again, so almost a 10K. Was thinking of the ToT race in October also. But already booked a room for marathon next January!

Disney runs are always fun. I'll probably never get to do Everest because of the time of year it happens. Heading down for the Wine and Dine in November and next year's Princess half.

My DS who will be 9 this month has been talking about doing a 5k. Do you think something like this would be good for him. Any tips for him? Is he too young? He got into running last year at summer camp.

My DS who will be 9 this month has been talking about doing a 5k. Do you think something like this would be good for him. Any tips for him? Is he too young? He got into running last year at summer camp.

Disney races are a lot of fun! (if you think running for 4 hours is fun....) But Disney has incorporated a 5K into all of their race weekends, so any of them would be good. Lots of characters out for photos, and everyone gets a medal. I have not done a Disney 5K, but know some who have, and they had a good time, very family-oriented. No problem just walking it, if you like, they are not that strict on the times. One thing to note, all the 5K races (except EE) are early morning races, so you have to be out to race area around 6am. And of course, being at Disney makes them a little pricey. Most of local races by me are in the $25 range. Not sure what the price for a Disney 5K is, but the longer races are all over $100.

Regarding the Everest 5K, I think you would have to accompany him, being only 9. But then you do get several hours of line free EE. I bailed after seven straight rides, but my son kept going.

Have fun!

I don't know anything about the races but I know that Jaden would love burning off that extra energy he carries with him. He is such a love.

I have always wanted to go to Hershey Park. How is it???? anyone been?

Disney runs are always fun. I'll probably never get to do Everest because of the time of year it happens. Heading down for the Wine and Dine in November and next year's Princess half.

Yes, May is not such a good time for me either. Glad I did it once. Disney is loading up the fall with races, aren't they? ToT in Oct (ok, end of September, almost) and W&D in Nov. You are not going in January, Kim? Looks like you are going for a Coast to Coast Medal!

D23Ry said:
I have always wanted to go to Hershey Park. How is it???? anyone been?

One word awesome! I maybe bias as i have been going to Hershey since i was little and i rode my first looping coaster there

One word awesome! I maybe bias as i have been going to Hershey since i was little and i rode my first looping coaster there

Sooper Dooper Looper was my 2nd looping coaster. My 1st looping was the Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens. One of my strange childhood memories is losing one of my baby teeth while going down the drop on the Coal Cracker flume ride.

Hershey Park is easily in my top 5 parks (considering WDW and Universal as 1 park each):

1) WDW
2) Busch Gardens Williamsburg
3) Universal Orlando
4) Hershey Park
5) Disneyland/Cali Adventure

There's a possibility I may be down for a Hershey meet. It's been years since I've been to Hershey Park. It's just a few hour drive out the turnpike, but I'd probably do an overnight in Hershey if I could make it.

Sooper Dooper Looper was my 2nd looping coaster. My 1st looping was the Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens. One of my strange childhood memories is losing one of my baby teeth while going down the drop on the Coal Cracker flume ride.

Hershey Park is easily in my top 5 parks (considering WDW and Universal as 1 park each):

1) WDW
2) Busch Gardens Williamsburg
3) Universal Orlando
4) Hershey Park
5) Disneyland/Cali Adventure

There's a possibility I may be down for a Hershey meet. It's been years since I've been to Hershey Park. It's just a few hour drive out the turnpike, but I'd probably do an overnight in Hershey if I could make it.

you really should go, we really have a good time, wander around, see some shows, watch me scream while riding the Pirate (no comment DC!!) I think we've either closed the park or come pretty darn close to it

you really should go, we really have a good time, wander around, see some shows, watch me scream while riding the Pirate (no comment DC!!) I think we've either closed the park or come pretty darn close to it

ummm can I comment LOL pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter