Single Rider Queues

At Disneyland/DCA, you can get a single rider pass from the CM at the ride entrance, then you go through the Fastpass line (on Soarin), the handicapped entrance (California Screamin' and Indy), or through the exit (Grizzly River Run).

Wikipedia has an entry for SRL's with a worldwide list of them - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_rider

On CA Screamin', they moved it to the fastpass line. Where the fastpass line merges with the regular line, they send the single riders up on the right side, everyone else on the left.

I wish all theme parks had single rider queues for all major attractions. A park loses money every time they run a ride with an empty seat while there's a queue.

I'd rather wait in a line for a bit longer than sit through a ride being awkward with some stranger. Just my opinion.

As "some stranger" - I wouldn't. And I suffer from social anxiety. Just pay attention to the ride and not the person next to you, for heaven's sake.

I wish all theme parks had single rider queues for all major attractions. A park loses money every time they run a ride with an empty seat while there's a queue.

Not really, they would only lose money if it was an attraction where you paid extra for it. Once in the park Disney doesn't care if you go on any attractions.

The only real way is if the guests started to think "The lines at park X are too long, I'm not going back."

I'm sure there is a lot of math involved with queue dynamics, but a SRL may fill more cars, but if it takes more time filling those cars it may cause the wait time to be longer.

As "some stranger" - I wouldn't. And I suffer from social anxiety. Just pay attention to the ride and not the person next to you, for heaven's sake.

I agree and until you pay for 2 tickets you are entitled to 1 seat not the whole car. If you don't like it travel with an even number or don't ride. It used to just be the way it was. And guess what we all lived!

You sit beside a "stranger" on the bus, monorail, airplane, at a show, why not a ride?

On CA Screamin', they moved it to the fastpass line. Where the fastpass line merges with the regular line, they send the single riders up on the right side, everyone else on the left.

That makes so much more sense. The area around the elevator got majorly clogged up when there were a lot of SR's.

SRL's are one of the major things I've missed about the DLR since moving to FL. The Soarin' queue here is set up just like the one at DCA and, in my mind anyway, they could easily handle SR's the same way they do in CA. I suspect, though, that with the popularity of that ride here, groups would try to take advantage of it and the wait would end up being pretty substantial. Kali River Rapids seems like it could sustain one the same way as Grizzly River Run, though. And Space Mountain could do something through the FP queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter