Single Rider Queues

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by flausa, Oct 7, 2012.

1. flausa

flausa Earning My Ears

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a list of rides in Central Florida that have single rider queues.

As we're not that bothered about riding together if we can get more rides in, we'll quite happily make use of any single rider queues there are.

Do Disney and Universal actually make use of them like Alton Towers do?

Many thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Disney World has only three: Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios, and Test Track at Epcot. Currently, Test Track is closed for retheme.

Universal has six that I know of: Rip Ride Rockit, Men in Black, and Revenge of the Mummy at the Studios, and Forbidden Journey, Hulk, and Spiderman at Islands of Adventure.

I'm not familiar enough with Sea World or Busch Gardens to know if any there have them--I suspect not.

4. flausa

flausa Earning My Ears

Wow, that was quick!

Many thanks for that! Will still help us save some time!

We're not going until December so we're hoping Test Track will have re-opened by then!

5. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Depending on crowds, any of them may or may not be open. But all of them I would say are usually open.

6. jimjenkids

jimjenkids Mouseketeer

we love to use the single rider lines,.....we will grab a FP and then ride the single rider lines and then are able to use the FP.,.....test track is to be open in Nov.

7. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

December 1, actually. And even that date is mired in doubt.

8. flausa

flausa Earning My Ears

Good shout! Get to ride twice then!

I've never really understood why more parks and rides don't make use of single rider queues, it just always seems a waste seeing empty seats going round all the time!

9. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

A- Very few empty seats on busy attractions.
    (The CM's can fill them with various sized groups and singles right
    from the standby line.)

B- Some guests don't like riding with "strangers."

C- Some guests don't like their kids riding with "strangers."

10. flausa

flausa Earning My Ears

Very true for Disney, Uniersal etc. who are very organised, but Thorpe Park, here in the UK is run so badly there is just endless empty seats and long queues, and all the single rider queues they had have been removed.

True, but then they're not buying their own private ride. Even splitting larger groups up, means you could be sitting with a stranger on a 2 across ride, or even 4 across.

I can definitely understand that, so they ride as a family and if there is an odd person who has to sit with a stranger, that would be the adult, wouldn't it?

11. gratefulfred

gratefulfred Mouseketeer

the manta at sea world has one

12. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Not if its 2 parents and 3 kids and if they are smaller you can't always do 2 kids, 1 kid one parent and one parent one stranger.

Also if its 4 across they don't always fill in a party of 2 with another party of 2.

13. danny1649

danny1649 <font color=green>Will be wearing some lime green< Moderator

I see you are new to the Dis and I would like to welcome you.You will find many Disney friends here,who are always trying to help other Diser's with good info on WDW.::yes:::):wave2: Danny

14. Hannathy

Hannathy <font color=darkorchid>When I stop laughing I will

Yeah I don't understand it either. When I was a kid at amusement parks they always filled the cars and Disney should also.

Unless there is no line they should fill "all available spaces" as they like to say.

15. Fantasmiss

Fantasmiss DIS Veteran

I'd rather wait in a line for a bit longer than sit through a ride being awkward with some stranger. Just my opinion.

16. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

When they had the single rider line at Toy Story Mania at DCA, they would not pair an adult from the single rider with a child. They would also ask the party if they minded having a single rider join them. Eventually, they ended the single rider for TSM.

17. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

I don't know how I forgot this.

Here is one reason why there are not more SRLs and I use TSM as the prime example. Many families would go into the SRL and suddenly forget how to speak English when the CM told them they would be split up. I witnessed this in the last day the SRL was open at TSM at DHS. I think they were more hassle than they were worth.

Also many queues that already have a stand by and and FP line can't accommodate another line.

18. karmutt

karmutt Mouseketeer

At Disneyland/DCA, you can get a single rider pass from the CM at the ride entrance, then you go through the Fastpass line (on Soarin), the handicapped entrance (California Screamin' and Indy), or through the exit (Grizzly River Run).

Wikipedia has an entry for SRL's with a worldwide list of them - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_rider

19. Orreed

Orreed Olivia

Single rider lines save so much time, I adore them. That is how I got to ride Indy so much at Disneyland. The cool thing too is I went in the single rider line with three other people in my group and I got to ride with one of them so it worked out well:) Awesome list!:thanks:

20. dotcomgirl

dotcomgirl Earning My Ears

Love single rider lines. And I agree that even if you go through with a friend you might get lucky and get to ride with them!

21. NYDisneyKid

NYDisneyKid Expedition Everest Record Holder

ahhh,,,so thats why the right side of the stairway is always empty now.