Single parent and college program

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
Anyone know of any single parents to do the college program. I would love to hear some advice or thoughts from anyone who has done this or if have know of anyone who has... This is somting I'd really love to do and wonder if it would be possible for me?

I knew a single parent on my program. He was still in school, was still on good terms with the mother, and his kids lived with their mother the whole time. Unless you have a similar setup and are willing to not see your child for a long time, I don't know if it's something you want to do. His children only visited once during his program.

I knew a single parent on my program. He was still in school, was still on good terms with the mother, and his kids lived with their mother the whole time. Unless you have a similar setup and are willing to not see your child for a long time, I don't know if it's something you want to do. His children only visited once during his program.

I know a girl like this (the roles are reversed, a mom in the program, dad watching the kid). I'm going to be honest; she has trouble being away from her son and cannot wait until her program is over to go home and have her son again. She's having fun down here too, but she really misses him.

I know someone who had 2 kids & did the program. She got her own apartment off Disney & brought her kids with her. She said she spent most of what she made on childcare & lived off savings for rent & food. Her kids were old enough that she had to get them park tickets when her passes ran out.

Anyone know of any single parents to do the college program. I would love to hear some advice or thoughts from anyone who has done this or if have know of anyone who has... This is somting I'd really love to do and wonder if it would be possible for me?

Thank you for posting this. I am as well. I just got my invitation for Quick Service Food and Beverage ( I guess because everyone else got the good jobs first) but I'd be away from my baby for 6 months. Would it be worth it?

Thank you for posting this. I am as well. I just got my invitation for Quick Service Food and Beverage ( I guess because everyone else got the good jobs first) but I'd be away from my baby for 6 months. Would it be worth it?

I have never been on the college program, but I can imagine few things that would make being away from my young child for 6 months worth it. Some parent-child relationships recover from a stress like that, and some don't. It's not a risk I'd take for a fast food job, even one in a very nice location.

I have never been on the college program, but I can imagine few things that would make being away from my young child for 6 months worth it. Some parent-child relationships recover from a stress like that, and some don't. It's not a risk I'd take for a fast food job, even one in a very nice location.

I would have to agree on this one. If it was a Professional internship or some other internship with higher pay or a career jumper then I would say go for it. Don't get me wrong, I was just accepted into the program and looking forward to it. But I have no financial worries and my mother will be offsetting any low points I have while I'm there. I've heard of people struggling to make it in the program with only themselves to worry about. I couldn't imagine how it will be like for someone with children. If you have no back-up for childcare or will have to fund other bills outside of the WDWCP, I say it is not worth it. It's not worth missing the most crucial parts of your child's development.

So do they let you know what job you do before you say if you are going or not? Has anyone with kids done this recently? I have a 2 year old and he will be 3 if I go next fall. My mom would keep him, and I know it's a very good oppertunity and would look good on my resume, but it stresses me out thinking about leaving him.

So do they let you know what job you do before you say if you are going or not? Has anyone with kids done this recently? I have a 2 year old and he will be 3 if I go next fall. My mom would keep him, and I know it's a very good oppertunity and would look good on my resume, but it stresses me out thinking about leaving him.
When you get your email, accepting you, you will also be told what area you are being offered. It will be very general...attractions, custodial, QSFB, etc. If you don't like what you see, you can just not accept the position. You don't get to know anything more specific until you get to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter