Single Lesbians? Are you out there?

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by MickeyDee, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Taytortots

Taytortots Mouseketeer

Hey everybody,
    I'm not really new to the boards (just a lurker) but I haven't spent much time in the gay and lesbian section. I don't know why.
    So, I guess i'll introduce myself? My name is Taylor, I'm 20 years old (will be 21 in July) studying Social Work. I'm single (thus my presence in this thread xD) and haven't found my princess yet. I like to write and read. But mostly I love Disney and spend the majority of my time planning it and reading trip reports on here so I don't get Disney withdrawals. I live in Canada! I love it. My next trip is December 13th-22nd (leaving the day my finals end for first semester, it will be a well needed reward). I'm also a huge nerd, so excuse me if i'm awkward or talk too much about all the things I love (like video games, or Harry Potter).
    So yeah, hi!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ashley0139

ashley0139 DIS Veteran

Hi! I totally read trip reports all the time to get over my withdrawals. And I'm a huge Harry Potter fan as well. :) Welcome!

4. CaliforniaDreamin

CaliforniaDreamin <font color=deeppink>DIS Veteran (and then some)<b

We aren't even anywhere near a friend stage. It's all I can do to talk to him on the phone. Fortunately, that isn't required much. I hate this. I really do. On one hand, it's been coming, but on the other, it still hurts because the 4 of us ( we have 2 teen dds together) are no longer a family.

But other people go thru it so I guess I can, too. No choice and I think we will all be better off in the long run. I may end up taking you up on your offer to whine a bit!

5. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Hey there, thanks! I did my first 1/2 when i was 50, it was the PHM this past Feb. Thanks for being a great cheerleader!

6. CharmingNess

CharmingNess Newbie :)

hey everyone! kind of new at disney and hoping to meet people for gay days :)

7. yoshiko

yoshiko Earning My Ears

Welcome Taylor.
    Why haven't you been around the gay & lesbian section? We're the best. :thumbsup2

I'm jealous you get to be at Disney so close to Christmas. I have read it's wonderful & I hope your finals go well. You say huge nerd like it's a bad thing. We're taking over. I'm not much of a Potter fan but I do like video games. What do you play?

So, yeah. Hi. :-)

8. yoshiko

yoshiko Earning My Ears

Thank you. Sorry I haven't been here, been going through some troubles. But I am back for a little while. I hope you're OK.​

9. yoshiko

yoshiko Earning My Ears

Welcome. I hope you find somebody. :-)

10. OnyxNine

OnyxNine Earning My Ears

New to the forums, and single :)

11. adpibri

adpibri Mouseketeer

Welcome to the forums!! :)

12. yoshiko

yoshiko Earning My Ears

Welcome. :-)

13. faithfullyeeyore

faithfullyeeyore Some of the best moments in life are the ones you

Hi to everyone new!! Why I'm awake this early I don't know... So HI!!!

14. faithfullyeeyore

faithfullyeeyore Some of the best moments in life are the ones you

Bump! Keeping it alive!

15. MickeyDee

MickeyDee Mouseketeer

Hi Onyx...welcome. :)

16. suevongello

suevongello Earning My Ears

Hey all! I am new to these boards, not new to Disney message boards mind you, I frequent another (ahem) board regularly but recently a friend of mine mentioned the Dis boards for something so anyway ... long story short I decided to check this out today and was so thrilled to see this thread and section here that I just had to sign up! The other boards I go to don't have anything like this and I just think this is fantastic!

so let me introduce myself, I'm Marcy! So glad to see all of you ... and yes, I am single ... too.:sad2:

17. suevongello

I know I am a little late on this but thought I'd re-energize the conversation as well as introduce myself to the board ... hope you all don't mind.

I am 45, single, and retired (mostly) ... my profession was industrial organizational psychology. Basically I worked for corporations distilling behaviors and how they affect performance.

My favorite Disney attraction is Peter Pan's Flight but my favorite park is EPCOT Center (yes I will always all it that) ... and yes, I still love EPCOT even though it is a shell of it's former glory.

My favorite hotel is the Beach Club or the Boardwalk, again this is in large part due to the ease and proximity to EPCOT Center ... LOVE being able to walk there whenever my mood strikes me!

18. JeannieN

JeannieN Earning My Ears

Hi everyone. My name is Jean and I just joined the boards so very new to this. I am single and live in Toronto, ON.

Just like to say hi to everyone.

19. suevongello

Hi Jean! It looks like we might be the only two single gals left!

Do you get down to WDW often, being in Toronto?

20. JeannieN

JeannieN Earning My Ears

Hi Sue!

Yes, sometimes I go twice a year. The last time I went was Christmas '12 but I am not planning on visiting this year. How about you?

21. suevongello

Well ... I'd like to say that in an act of defiance against current regime I won't be supporting WDW until changes are made but unfortunately I am part of the problem ... I have plenty of time on my hands and the allure of Disney being like my second (first) home is too much to keep me away.

I've been probably five times this year, and I'll probably go back in September/October time frame.

I use to live in central Florida but when I retired recently I decided I had it with the heat and I had some friends in NY state, so I bought a house there and moved up ...

But like I said, I am retired so I have alot of free time to pursue hobbies, but mostly travel and ... well ... WDW is hard to quit! (Nor do I want to quit!)

Why no trip this year for you?