• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

single digits are here 1 sleeps to go!

Perhaps a little OT but Can someone give me the rundown on DVC points, benefits, costs etc in simple terms? And why would I do this vs book at Disney hotel for example?

I will see if I can find some of the old threads to answer your questions.

WAMUMOF4 said:
I cant speak for eVeryone else but we brought it because it just makes sense for us with 330 points we can have a week at Aulani, or 11 days at Animal kingdom SV view or a week at the GC or 2 weeks at over 3000 resorts and hotels worldwide for the next 50 years. We can also use our points to cruise DCL.
We only need to stay at Aulani or Animal kingdom 4 times and the initial cost is paid. Our dues are $1800 a year which Is less than what it costs to stay at AOA for a week. everyone we spoke to that owned DVC said they wish they had purchased earlier than they did I like to know I am going to be able to give my kids a honeymoon and that DH and I can afford to travel around the world instyle in retirement and that it makes our holidays now a lot more affordable.

:wave2: I still can't quite believe we did it :)

Thanks we are so excited it puts back buying a house this year but I am ok with that it means we can still holiday when we buy one:)

Thank you... Following intently

Glad to hear you are feeling slightly better and congrats on the DVC
:) Thanks we are so excited we looked through the display ones today and we were amazed they are so beautiful I can't wait to get to Hawaii;)
I am so looking forward to being home to recover except for the fact that DH has to fly straight out to work.
Well done. You will love the DVC.

As long as you can get in at the 7 month window for the other resorts. How long before you add on!!!

:thumbsup2 Thanks because the time of year we are most likely to use our points we should be right no trip to America would be complete without some sort of speedway;)
We will add on as soon as we pay these off we would of brought all we wanted straight up but being near the end of a 9 week tip our account is looking mighty:sick: We are very happy that with banking and borrowing we will have enough points for our 2015 Europe trip:)

:) We are very happy that with banking and borrowing we will have enough points for our 2015 Europe trip:)

Just be cautious, you need to check when the current points need to be banked by and then when they will expire. Do not lose them. You can always rent them out.

:thumbsup2Thanks I am still in shock

330 points, Aulani so excited to have Hawaii as our home resort :thumbsup2

wow, you really jumped in the deep end:thumbsup2

you'll love aulani....we were there in a studio for 9 nights, could have stayed longer....

the banking/ borrowing etc is easy once you get the hang of it..and dont forget resale points as well if you want to add on..timeshare store was great with our add on.....

with all our trips and with the one in feb (8 nights GCH) we have paid for the cost of our points in what we would have spent in wdw/ hawaii/ dlr accom.....if you like to holiday like we do, its a no brainer......

just try to use them in value season.. Hawaii in feb is awesome, still warm but not crowded and value season...etc...

if only i would stop looking at point add ons:rotfl2: my mortgage would be paid off by now:confused3

how you feeling???

Just be cautious, you need to check when the current points need to be banked by and then when they will expire. Do not lose them. You can always rent them out.
:thumbsup2 it's a lot of info to absorb
wow, you really jumped in the deep end:thumbsup2

you'll love aulani....we were there in a studio for 9 nights, could have stayed longer....

the banking/ borrowing etc is easy once you get the hang of it..and dont forget resale points as well if you want to add on..timeshare store was great with our add on.....
:thumbsup2 I think we have decided to stick with buying direct so we can use them to cruise as well, just have to remember to bank by November.

with all our trips and with the one in feb (8 nights GCH) we have paid for the cost of our points in what we would have spent in wdw/ hawaii/ dlr accom.....if you like to holiday like we do, its a no brainer......

just try to use them in value season.. Hawaii in feb is awesome, still warm but not crowded and value season...etc...

if only i would stop looking at point add ons:rotfl2: my mortgage would be paid off by now:confused3

how you feeling???
I feel exhausted am over waking up coughing up gross stuff the flight seemed to stir things up it was only 2 hours:sad: a bit ok a lot worried about flying home:scared1::scared1::scared1:

you wont use your points to cruise...such a waste of expensive pointage.....if you wanted $$$$$ to cruise, you rent your expensive points out to one of us for $12-$14 a point, book us into hawaii 11 months out, and then use the money earned towards your cruise

ie: 320 points at $12 a point is $3840......that can go towards a great cruise on any cruise line...

promise me...I'm begging you:worship:

you wont use your points to cruise...such a waste of expensive pointage.....if you wanted $$$$$ to cruise, you rent your expensive points out to one of us for $12-$14 a point, book us into hawaii 11 months out, and then use the points towards your cruise

ie: 320 points at $12 a point is $3840......that can go towards a great cruise on any cruise line...

Not sure I would say some of things Karen but now that you have brought it up I agree with you. I would suggest use DVC for stays at DVC resorts only, not for use on cruises or transferring the points out to stay in other places. The DVC guides will tell you anything these days to sell the points!

Only my opinion!!

you wont use your points to cruise...such a waste of expensive pointage.....if you wanted $$$$$ to cruise, you rent your expensive points out to one of us for $12-$14 a point, book us into hawaii 11 months out, and then use the points towards your cruise

:lmao: I can't promise you that we want to do a DVC members cruise and will use points for that ;)

Not sure I would say some of things Karen but now that you have brought it up I agree with you. I would suggest use DVC for stays at DVC resorts only, not for use on cruises or transferring the points out to stay in other places. The DVC guides will tell you anything these days to sell the points!

Only my opinion!!

We brought points purely because we could use them elsewhere using points for our Europe trip was a major reason we brought in.

now you have me considering DVC -- i am definitely going to attend the presentation while on board the cruise :)

WAMUMOF4 said:
:lmao: I can't promise you that we want to do a DVC members cruise and will use points for that ;)

We brought points purely because we could use them elsewhere using points for our Europe trip was a major reason we brought in.

this interests me very much!

If points could only be used for Disney properties I wouldn't be able to get DH To consider DVC in a million years. :( however, if we could use points elsewhere in the world, particularly in Europe, I might be able to get him to at least go and see some more about it.

Would you mind giving me an idea wHat sorts of locations and hotels are available in the UK and Europe??

TIA

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Only my opinion!!

Thanks Colin.....I thought i was the only one who thought that...:thumbsup2

but hey, using them anywhere anytime is a joy, so win win....:wave2:

:offtopic: 1 more sleep.......nervous now:blush:

Thanks Colin.....I thought i was the only one who thought that...:thumbsup2

but hey, using them anywhere anytime is a joy, so win win....:wave2:

:offtopic: 1 more sleep.......nervous now:blush:

Karen have you not been to Disneyland? I hope you love it when you go. Have a great trip tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you on space mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter