Single Digit Dance !!!

dixonsontour

DIS Veteran
We are off again on 28th May. Just for a week staying at Cabana bay for the 3rd time, this time in a suite.

Just doing Universal parks (upgraded to AP last time) DD 10 is still very into harry potter. DH has booked himself into Florida firearms adventures at fort Meade on the Wednesday. Plus swimming and shopping.

Will be mainly eating cheap and cheerful offsite. Got Teak, 4 rivers, village inn on our list again.

I'll aim to do a daily LIVE trip report like I did on here in October.

Have a safe trip! We are here now and loving it. My girls are looking forward to hopefully bumping into your DD floating around in the lazy river next week to say 'Hi'. Loving that lazy river!!! I can see us coming back here again, especially when the water park they are building next door opens! They're also adding another 400 rooms here! Just sat in Bayline Diner before heading off to Seaworld for the day and dinner with Shamu. Thunder predicted most of today though so could be fun! Unfortunately I'd already booked the dinner otherwise I'd have chosen a different day. Thankfully much better weather predicted next week! I've never had storms like this in May before, it's always been beautiful weather. Thankfully our DC day next week is predicted to be sunny!

Ahh, so jealous! Hope you have a great time. If you're anything like me, the next week or so is just as exciting as you pack and count down?!

I'm still 4 weeks away from celebrating DDD!

Do say hi if you see us janeyb - think you have seen my trip reports so will recognise us, one advantage of DD is she is recognisable :) I've got my big pink donut float for the lazy river!

Glad you are liking Cabana bay. Is the construction causing any issues or not? We stayed last October and weren't bothered by it.

I'm super busy at work, hoping to pack this weekend then just get head down and get through next week. Currently making gin and tonic cupcakes for school fayre tomorrow.

Now my girls will be really jealous as they love the pink donut floats! Not as much as they love eating them though! Yes, we love your trip reports they're great, we've followed them for years and it's thanks to your last few that we crossed over to the 'dark side' and are staying here at CB and doing a Universal only holiday for the first time after 11 years of Disney.

Obviously there are huge cranes near the lazy river pool but I haven't heard any noise coming from there at all. I'd try and get a room closer to main amenities though if you are possible for a better view, as further down the corridors you'd be looking onto construction I'd think.

We chose the courtyrard poolside room as we wanted the living area to have natural daylight, being here for 16 nights I figured we'd be in the room a little more for lunches etc plus the girls wanted to be near the slide but I now wish we'd gone for the tower rooms with all this rain!! Plus, I agree with you that it seems a little bit more luxurious that side. Being in the far courtyard 'block' it's also quite a walk in the rain to 'pop' and get something from the diner without getting soaked during the storms!!

I did ask about possibly changing rooms to the tower side for our second week as the girls are spending far more time over in the lazy river but they were too full to do it with the holiday weekend approaching. I've certainly noticed it is getting busier at the pools. One thing that's annoying is that they close the entire pool deck during the storms don't they?! I understand the actual pools themselves like they do at Disney but you can't even get to the drinks machines at the bar etc which is bit annoying. Thankfully next week for your trip beautiful weather is expected.

I hope you manage to get your packing done this weekend. I love the lead up to a trip! If it all gets a bit stressful just gorge on the cupcakes!! They sound amazing.

Thank you. We are tower side pool side suite. We have only ever stayed tower room. My Dd prefers lazy river pool so it suits us. I asked for upper floor we shall see.

The rain will be a shock for us normally do October when it is dry.

Have a fun week, hope parks don't get too busy.

We fly the day before you on a driving/ exploring Florida non park trip and we've just noticed OH photo card Licence has expired :0(

Have a great time on your holiday xxx

If your suitcase seems heavier than usual, it's ok, we've just jumped in it, just pretend you didn't notice

:p

have a safe and wonderful trip

If your suitcase seems heavier than usual, it's ok, we've just jumped in it, just pretend you didn't notice

:p

have a safe and wonderful trip

Thank you. Last time we were at Universal we bumped into each other on the way to Diagon alley. Not long for you now either.

Hope you have a fantastic trip. I'll be interested to hear about your dining. We usually stay onsite with the DDP but this time we are staying offsite so will be trying out some new places. We really enjoyed our meal last year at the Kitchen in HRH - loved the pretzel bread. I'm dancing with you!

Thanks. I usually do a dining and trip report. My last 2 from 2014 and 2015 are on the universal trip reports section on the dis. We eat offsite and at universal.

Thanks. I usually do a dining and trip report. My last 2 from 2014 and 2015 are on the universal trip reports section on the dis. We eat offsite and at universal.

Thanks. I read your dining report on the Dibb. I've still to read your 2014 report. Happy eating! May sounds a lovely time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter