Silly Question....But where can I get a really good salad??

brighteyes

DIS Veteran
i just love a good salad....a meal salad, with chicken, fruit, nuts, etc....you know something aside from the ceasar, which I cannot have due to the dairy and wheat.

So for those of you who like your salads, what can you recommend and where?

Thanks so much!!

Try the Cobb Salad at Hollywood Brown Derby....delicious. Have them leave out the bleu cheese, and ask for a different dressing.

The Plaza all day and Liberty Tree Tavern at lunch both have a great salad. Even some QS places have some good salads. Check out the menus at allearsnet.com or here at wdwinfo.com

Colony Salad at Liberty Tree

The Plaza all day and Liberty Tree Tavern at lunch both have a great salad. Even some QS places have some good salads. Check out the menus at allearsnet.com or here at wdwinfo.com

Liberty Tree will be closed during our stay Aug 15-29th :sad: I really wanted to go there for their turkey and mashed potato feast!

Strawberry chicken salad at the Plaza

I've heard the Plaza for really good GF sandwiches too! Looks like I will have to book an ADR there even though nothing appeals to DS on the menu!! :confused3 But I need at least one good salad while I'm there!!

The Citrus Shrimp Salad at Tomorrowland Terrace is fantastic, but they're not always open. Shrimp, mandarin oranges, chopped cucumber and melon, mixed greens and a "sesame oriental" dressing. I don't know if there's any wheat or dairy in it, but you can ask.

Liberty Tree will be closed during our stay Aug 15-29th :sad: I really wanted to go there for their turkey and mashed potato feast!

I've heard the Plaza for really good GF sandwiches too! Looks like I will have to book an ADR there even though nothing appeals to DS on the menu!! :confused3 But I need at least one good salad while I'm there!!

Beware that Disney uses cream and butter in their mashed potatoes.

I have 3 good one - all from quick service restaurants.

I love the Mara Salad at Mara at AKL (Jambo): grape tomatoes, red onion, lentils, cukes, chickpeas, add chicken. With chile-cilantro dressing :love:

Smoked Chicken Salad at Flame Tree BBQ at AK
"Smoked Chicken Salad
A delightful Salad with barbecue style; Freshly-smoked Chicken, Mixed Greens, Arugula, shredded Carrots, Pinto and Garbanzo Beans, Tortilla Chips and Corn, tossed in a house-made Barbecue Vinaigrette and drizzled with Chipotle Ranch Dressing
$9.49"

203.JPG

Roasted Vegetable Curry Salad
Contempo Cafe at CR

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 8
Beware that Disney uses cream and butter in their mashed potatoes.

Yes, thanks I am aware but have checked off dairy in my ADR ressies. I can handle small amounts of dairy, so having them once during the trip would be ok.

But Liberty Tree Tavern is closed during our trip anyways.

I have 3 good one - all from quick service restaurants.

I love the Mara Salad at Mara at AKL (Jambo): grape tomatoes, red onion, lentils, cukes, chickpeas, add chicken. With chile-cilantro dressing :love:

Smoked Chicken Salad at Flame Tree BBQ at AK
"Smoked Chicken Salad
A delightful Salad with barbecue style; Freshly-smoked Chicken, Mixed Greens, Arugula, shredded Carrots, Pinto and Garbanzo Beans, Tortilla Chips and Corn, tossed in a house-made Barbecue Vinaigrette and drizzled with Chipotle Ranch Dressing
$9.49"

View attachment 98798

Roasted Vegetable Curry Salad
Contempo Cafe at CR

That all looks and sounds soooo yummy!! I am also wanting to have the broccoli peppercorn salad from Columbia Harbour House but have to check the dressing, but maybe I could sub out the dressing.

You guys are making me want to eat all of these yummy salads!!

The Citrus Shrimp Salad at Tomorrowland Terrace is fantastic, but they're not always open. Shrimp, mandarin oranges, chopped cucumber and melon, mixed greens and a "sesame oriental" dressing. I don't know if there's any wheat or dairy in it, but you can ask.
Wow! This does really sound good. I have never had shrimp in a salad before!! Thank You!!

Sunshine Seasons/Epcot is one of my favorite places to get salads. I love these: Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Asian Chicken Salad, Spicy Tuna Noodle Salad and Quinoa Salad with Chicken. It's just hard to pick, so my friends and I pick a few and share. MK/Cosmic Rays has a nice Greek salad too! Typhoon Lagoon/Leaning Palms Ceasar w/ chicken and my fave, Tropical Salad with chicken.

Last edited:
Sunshine Seasons/Epcot is one of my favorite places to get salads. I love these: Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Asian Chicken Salad, Spicy Tuna Noodle Salad and Quinoa Salad with Chicken. It's just hard to pick, so my friends and I pick a few and share

Is Sunshine Seasons a CS? And all these salads are there? Good thing I have a fridge in our room for leftovers!!

Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD has a lot of different salads. I can't remember which one I had when I was there last but it was one of the best salads I've ever had. I just reviewed the menu now to try to remember what it was that I had (I think that it might have been the Chinois salad - chicken, ginger, won tons, napa cabbage) and I'm getting hungry. Thinking that I have to put it on the agenda for our December trip for lunch, especially to try the beet salad. And, yes, the Cobb salad at the Hollywood Brown Derby is good too.

I LOVE entree salads and eat them regularly at WDW. In addition to the ones already mentioned, I love the Chicken caesar salad at Grand Floridian Cafe, Wilderness salad at Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge, and the custom salad at PORiverside Food Court.

Yak and Yeti has this: Asian Shrimp Salad - chilled, seared blackened shrimp, mixed greens, wasabi aioli, wonton crisps, ginger dressing $18.99

They used to serve it with grilled tuna and it was THE BOMB!

I also really like the salad tat Backlot Express: Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad - tossed to order mixed greens, red onion, tomato, green peas and zinfandel vinaigrette $6.99

It's very refreshing on a warm day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter