Silly Question....But where can I get a really good salad??

WPE is a counter service (bargain for a counter service credit on ddp). We love the salads (about 10 choices) plus the pizzas and the chicken. You get your main course salad plus a dessert (such as crème brulee or fruit cup) the only thing is the choice of drink is basically soda fountain or soda fountain but you can't go wrong there.

Would you post after your trip to Wolfgang Puck Café - would love to know how it compares - have fun :)

I have heard 2 ecstatic reviews of the appetizer salad now being served at the Brown Derby - it's not an entree, and there's no meat. But it looked good.

I have always really loved the salad at the Garden Grill - its nothing fancy really but I really love their dressing :)

WPE is a counter service (bargain for a counter service credit on ddp). We love the salads (about 10 choices) plus the pizzas and the chicken. You get your main course salad plus a dessert (such as crème brulee or fruit cup) the only thing is the choice of drink is basically soda fountain or soda fountain but you can't go wrong there.

Would you post after your trip to Wolfgang Puck Café - would love to know how it compares - have fun :)

Will do for sure!

Does it seem silly to order a salad on the dining plan? I just really love a good refreshing salad in the summer!

The Wilderness Salad at Roaring Fork @ Wilderness Lodge is fabulous..it has grilled chicken, apples, and walnuts with a really yummy dressing. It's very filling!

I know it's been said already but Wolfgang Puck Express! I had the Turkey Cobb twice in one week. It was seriously the best balsamic dressing I have ever had. We all loved the food and had a nice outdoor table. Now I want to try all the salads there!

Just curious, does anyone else remember the salad that used to be at Pecos Bill's? I saw "Chopped" last night, and when they mentioned Jicama, it reminded me of a great salad that used to be at Pecos Bill's that had Jicama. I THINK it was called Slewfoot Sue's, but I'm not sure.

You know I read this and thought to myself "I don't think I have ever eaten a salad in Disney.." hahaha. And I eat salad all the time - I'll have to try some of these suggestions. I have heard amazing things about the Cobb Salad at Brown Derby. :)

Smoked Chicken salad at Flame Tree. My absolute favorite salad is now gone---Taco Salad at Tortuga Tavern. :(

The Wilderness Salad at Roaring Fork @ Wilderness Lodge is fabulous..it has grilled chicken, apples, and walnuts with a really yummy dressing. It's very filling!

Oh that sounds good, but I don't know if I will make it all the way over to Wilderness Lodge. It sounds like my kind of salad though!!

I know it's been said already but Wolfgang Puck Express! I had the Turkey Cobb twice in one week. It was seriously the best balsamic dressing I have ever had. We all loved the food and had a nice outdoor table. Now I want to try all the salads there!

Well I will be going to WP Cafe so will have to hit WPE to see how they compare! I like Cobb Salads too!

QUOTE="Simba's Mom, post: 53740798, member: 2870"]Just curious, does anyone else remember the salad that used to be at Pecos Bill's? I saw "Chopped" last night, and when they mentioned Jicama, it reminded me of a great salad that used to be at Pecos Bill's that had Jicama. I THINK it was called Slewfoot Sue's, but I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

What is Jicama?

What is Jicama?

Jicama is essentially the Mexican equivalent of a crunchy, root vegetable, like turnip. When you put it in a salad, it adds a nice little crunch to it. I appreciate your question. We live right on the Mexican border, so at first I was thinking "What do you mean 'what's jicama?' Isn't that like asking 'what's cabbage' or 'what's lettuce?'" Now I'm thinking that one reason it may have been discontinued is that it contained a food that not a lot of people were familiar with.

Jicama is essentially the Mexican equivalent of a crunchy, root vegetable, like turnip. When you put it in a salad, it adds a nice little crunch to it. I appreciate your question. We live right on the Mexican border, so at first I was thinking "What do you mean 'what's jicama?' Isn't that like asking 'what's cabbage' or 'what's lettuce?'" Now I'm thinking that one reason it may have been discontinued is that it contained a food that not a lot of people were familiar with.
I am from Ontario, Canada...I have never heard of it before and honestly don't know if we even carry that in our grocery stores here!!!
Thanks for the answer though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter