Signing up for Emerald Club

ladyjayhawk

DIS Veteran
Can you still sign up for the Emerald Club through Turner Travel and have the $50 fee waived? Or is there a better (free) way to sign up? Thanks for your help!

Yes, you can. It will show that they are going to charge you, but, it does that by default and you will not be charged.

Thank you Gail! Perhaps you can answer another question for me. Will I get a member number right away so that I can make a reservation or will I have to wait until I am mailed a card? I hope I can use it right away because our trip is in 32 days. :eek: I know I need to get that ressie made soon!

Originally posted by ladyjayhawk
Thank you Gail! Perhaps you can answer another question for me. Will I get a member number right away so that I can make a reservation or will I have to wait until I am mailed a card? I hope I can use it right away because our trip is in 32 days. :eek: I know I need to get that ressie made soon!

You will get the number immediately. Your other "stuff" including your card with take about a week to ten days (business days).
You can make reservations immediately with the number, and you don't need the card when you get the car.
Can I help some more? :)

Yes you can sign up free. I just did it yesterday and at the end it mentioned that my membership was comped (something like that) be cause I went through the mouseears link with turner travel. I haven't found them to be a good rate. I'm going in June for 13 days and the best is $356 for a mid size at L & M. If you have any suggestions please help me. Have a good trip. YO

Originally posted by coachYO & my 3 girls
Yes you can sign up free. I just did it yesterday and at the end it mentioned that my membership was comped (something like that) be cause I went through the mouseears link with turner travel. I haven't found them to be a good rate. I'm going in June for 13 days and the best is $356 for a mid size at L & M. If you have any suggestions please help me. Have a good trip. YO

In the contract number area of the reservation page, use the contract number 5007125. Go to mousesavers for other codes.
If you are a BJ's member, they have coupons out there. I have a midsize for 8 days next week and the total is 148.10. I used the old DC contract number and a coupon from BJ's for 20.00.

I realized said I had the mid-size for $356 but it is the full size. Gail I will try your codes, this is for L & M or is it for someone else? Thank you! I did just save $83.00 on my room ressie as I'm on the Visa package and I cancelled the last night and went ot the room only rate. I'm still watching out for the AP rate like the rest of you pros ( I just used ressie, like I know what I'm doinng) but I'm not sure I'll figure it out right and get the best deal. I think I should have gone with one of the travel people we see on the boards. I was too nervous to give all my info to a company I only had email contact or phone messages with. I think I'm too late for that stuff and will plug away at this to get the most bang for our buck. Everyone have a great trip and see ya at POR in June! YO

I realized said I had the mid-size for $356 but it is the full size. Gail I will try your codes, this is for L & M or is it for someone else? Thank you! I did just save $83.00 on my room ressie as I'm on the Visa package and I cancelled the last night and went ot the room only rate. I'm still watching out for the AP rate like the rest of you pros ( I just used ressie, like I know what I'm doinng) but I'm not sure I'll figure it out right and get the best deal. I think I should have gone with one of the travel people we see on the boards. I was too nervous to give all my info to a company I only had email contact or phone messages with. I think I'm too late for that stuff and will plug away at this to get the most bang for our buck. Everyone have a great trip and see ya at POR in June! YO

No, the contract code I gave you was for National, Emerald Club.
I would have no hesitation using Dreams Unlimited, and I don't think it is too late to use them if you have the desire.

I enjoyed Emerald Aisle service this past weekend having signed up for Emerald Club through Turner Travel last month. It was an amazingly smooth process. The attendant at the booth even mentioned that I didn't need my Emerald Club card as long as I used the credit card that I registered with--which wasn't a problem as I've consolidated all my purchases onto one credit card. Mousesavers and this board have been extremely helpful in getting me a terrific rental at a great price!!!

Thank you for all the help everyone! Sorry it took me awhile to post again but I had some computer problems the last few days. I signed up for the Emerald Club tonight and it was very easy. I even got a message telling me that the fee had been waived, so now I don't have to watch the credit card bill. I then made my ressie and I am not sure if I got a great rate but it is going to have to be good enough. I tried all kinds of code combinations and I finally got it to $201.99 for a full-size for a week. I really envy your rate Gail! But since I am 30 days out, I probably should be grateful it isn't more. Thanks again for you help!!

P.S. I used the product code WWEB and the vacation outlet coupon. If anyone knows of any better codes, please let me know! Thanks!!

I'll have to check out Turner Travel. I went to sign up for the National Club yesterday(on the Nat'l site), thinking that it was just a frequent rental club and I about choked when I noticed the $50 fee. At least I noticed it before clicking the accept button.

I have never used L & M, but have read some pretty bad reviews about the service. You might want to check into them a little before you pick.

Thank you for all the help everyone! Sorry it took me awhile to post again but I had some computer problems the last few days. I signed up for the Emerald Club tonight and it was very easy. I even got a message telling me that the fee had been waived, so now I don't have to watch the credit card bill. I then made my ressie and I am not sure if I got a great rate but it is going to have to be good enough. I tried all kinds of code combinations and I finally got it to $201.99 for a full-size for a week. I really envy your rate Gail! But since I am 30 days out, I probably should be grateful it isn't more. Thanks again for you help!!

P.S. I used the product code WWEB and the vacation outlet coupon. If anyone knows of any better codes, please let me know! Thanks!!

What are your dates? I used the EC contract code of 5007125, I leave the product code alone, used the coupon from BJ's for 20.00 and made the reservation for Emerald Aisle (intermediate rental, I always seem to get a full size.) I got 156.97 for the week. I, last week, heard that one of our DIS members had no problem using the old DC contract code, so, I did another reservation using that code, the 20.00 coupon and left the product code alone and got the 148.10 rate.
I rarely book full size since I always get one on the aisle.

Originally posted by Tigger&Belle
I'll have to check out Turner Travel. I went to sign up for the National Club yesterday(on the Nat'l site), thinking that it was just a frequent rental club and I about choked when I noticed the $50 fee. At least I noticed it before clicking the accept button.

Read the previous posts. They don't charge you the fee. It is waived. It is in there, but, because their contract code is automatically entered National waives the fee. It says this on Mary's site, I wrote about it, ladyjayhawk just did it, I did it for my daughter last summer. There is no fee.

Gail, thank you for checking for different rates. That is really nice of you, especially when you have a trip coming up in 5 days. Lucky you! Our days are Feb. 21-28. The rates you found are awesome, I wish I could get that. You must be getting such a great rate because of the BJs coupon. I just tried using the EC contract number alone and the rate was $312. Unfortunately, I live nowhere near a BJs. I used the vacation outlet $15 dollar off coupon because it was the only one I could find and then I got an additional discount of $14.80. Maybe its the additional discount from BJs that drops the rate so much. I am also not a member of the DC, so I would be reluctant to use that because I would not have a membership card to show.

I went with a full size because with 3 adults and two children, we would be in a real bind if there were not any full size in EA. I might have taken the gamble but my conservative DH said no way. Even with a full size, I hope we have enough room because my DD will be in a car seat. What do you think?

Thanks again for all your help! :D

Gail, thank you for checking for different rates. That is really nice of you, especially when you have a trip coming up in 5 days. Lucky you! Our days are Feb. 21-28. The rates you found are awesome, I wish I could get that. You must be getting such a great rate because of the BJs coupon. I just tried using the EC contract number alone and the rate was $312. Unfortunately, I live nowhere near a BJs. I used the vacation outlet $15 dollar off coupon because it was the only one I could find and then I got an additional discount of $14.80. Maybe its the additional discount from BJs that drops the rate so much. I am also not a member of the DC, so I would be reluctant to use that because I would not have a membership card to show.

I went with a full size because with 3 adults and two children, we would be in a real bind if there were not any full size in EA. I might have taken the gamble but my conservative DH said no way. Even with a full size, I hope we have enough room because my DD will be in a car seat. What do you think?
Thanks again for all your help! :D

You are more than welcome. I have nothing else to do. House is cleaned, hair is done, cookies are baked. I am just waiting. :)
I think a full size will be fine. We have used Impalas and full size Dodge whatever they are and have had more than enough room.
My daughter, her former BF and my son all fit in the back seat of an Impala and all the luggage (DD packs like she is going for a year) fit in the trunk.

This is what I found for you.

I clicked on specials, added the contract code for EC members, 5007125 and used the BJ's coupon ( I have a spare I can send you). Idid not enter a rate code.

Reservation Information

Capacity
Seating

Luggage

Full Size 2/4 Door Car Auto A/C

Pick-up:
Orlando Intl Arpt, FL
21-FEBRUARY-2004 09:00 AM

Return:
Orlando Intl Arpt, FL
28-FEBRUARY-2004 09:00 AM

Rates - Time & Distance USD
Time & Distance 1 Week @ 185.00 185.00
Extra - Time & Distance 0 Day @ 30.83 0.00
Extra - Time & Distance 0 Hour @ 15.42 0.00
Unlimited Distance-time & Distance 0 Distance @ 0.00 0.00

Base Rate _____

Less Discounts:
Discount -14.80
Bj's Holiday Journal -20.00

SubTotal _____

Add Surcharges & Taxes: (subject to change)
Concession Fee Recov Chrg 9.8 Pct 16.68
Fl Schrg/tire&bat Fee 2.05 Usd/dy 14.35
License Recoupment Fee .49 Usd/dy 3.43
State Tax (6.50%) 12.00

Total Estimate _____

Rules & Conditions
Unlimited Miles
The Minimum Rental Duration is 5 Day(s).
Maximum rental length of 28 Day(s).
Required Nights include: Saturday.
The Minimum Advance Booking is 1 Day(s) .
Renter must present a major credit card in renter's name.
Young Renter Non-Commercial Account: Minimum rental age at most locations is 21. Some locations require a minimum age of 25 (except for the State of New York where the minimum age is 18). All customers between the ages of 21 and 24 renting at Corporate locations will be charged a standard additional daily fee of $25.00 (except in New York, where the daily fee is $49.37). All Young Renters and Young Renter Additional Drivers must have a major credit card and a valid drivers license. Young renters can use discounts and coupons except in the state of New York. Young renters can only rent economy cars through full size cars.
Additional drivers fees may apply. Any person can sign onto the rental contract as an additional driver if he/she appears at the originating National location with the renter and: 1) Provides a valid drivers license 2) Provides a major credit card in his/her own name 3) Meets the minimum age requirements for the rental station 4) Meets clean driving criteria 5) Must sign the rental agreement.
A Frequent Flyer Service Charge of $.50 a day may apply when renters choose to receive Frequent Flyer miles or credits.
Debit and check cards not accepted at time of reservation or rental but, at participating locations within the United States, may be used for payment at time of return.
Reserve Now!Emerald Club Home Profile

This is with the old DC contract code.
Reservation Information

Capacity
Seating

Luggage

Full Size 2/4 Door Car Auto A/C

Pick-up:
Orlando Intl Arpt, FL
21-FEBRUARY-2004 09:00 AM

Return:
Orlando Intl Arpt, FL
28-FEBRUARY-2004 09:00 AM

Rates - Time & Distance USD
Time & Distance 1 Week @ 185.00 185.00
Extra - Time & Distance 0 Day @ 30.83 0.00
Extra - Time & Distance 0 Hour @ 15.42 0.00
Unlimited Distance-time & Distance 0 Distance @ 0.00 0.00

Base Rate _____

Add Surcharges & Taxes: (subject to change)
Concession Fee Recov Chrg 9.8 Pct 14.50
Fl Schrg/tire&bat Fee 2.05 Usd/dy 14.35
License Recoupment Fee .49 Usd/dy 3.43
State Tax (6.50%) 10.42

Total Estimate _____

Rules & Conditions
Unlimited Miles
The Minimum Rental Duration is 5 Day(s).
Maximum rental length of 28 Day(s).
Required Nights include: Saturday.
The Minimum Advance Booking is 1 Day(s) .
Renter must present a major credit card in renter's name.
Young Renter Non-Commercial Account: Minimum rental age at most locations is 21. Some locations require a minimum age of 25 (except for the State of New York where the minimum age is 18). All customers between the ages of 21 and 24 renting at Corporate locations will be charged a standard additional daily fee of $25.00 (except in New York, where the daily fee is $49.37). All Young Renters and Young Renter Additional Drivers must have a major credit card and a valid drivers license. Young renters can use discounts and coupons except in the state of New York. Young renters can only rent economy cars through full size cars.
Additional drivers fees may apply. Any person can sign onto the rental contract as an additional driver if he/she appears at the originating National location with the renter and: 1) Provides a valid drivers license 2) Provides a major credit card in his/her own name 3) Meets the minimum age requirements for the rental station 4) Meets clean driving criteria 5) Must sign the rental agreement.
A Frequent Flyer Service Charge of $.50 a day may apply when renters choose to receive Frequent Flyer miles or credits.
Debit and check cards not accepted at time of reservation or rental but, at participating locations within the United States, may be used for payment at time of return.
Reserve Now!Emerald Club Home

:crazy: I have been going nuts trying find a mini van to drive from Philly, check mary's site, even national, budget, alamo and dollar with all the codes I can find for 9 days and am getting over 400.00 with taxes and all. With staying overnight at a hotel, gas ,etc. it is almost the same as flying. Wish I could find it cheaper then that but it appears that that price is the best I can do, so still not sure how I am getting there.:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter