Signature Dining Idea Regarding Kids (putting on flame suit now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having kids, I now look at the mom whose kid is having a tantrum with empathy, and not disdain. Learn to have a kind heart.

Not when the kid is kicking me. Had that happen once at Le Cellier while a kid was having a fit and decided he was going to lie down on the booth, stretch out and kick, apparently because he had had enough of sitting still, and the parent made no move to pull the child in from someone else's space. Which I guess is my fault because I didn't have words with the father or ask the server to have words with the father. A kid just sleeping is not a problem although I feel a little sorry for the older ones laid out on two chairs with coats covering them. they need to be in bed. And the kid sleeping on the floor was a little mindblowing.

It does appear to make a difference that some are responding to the first post without reading the thread, because they're the ones that jump in with all the passion and assume the OP doesn't like children and wants to ban all children from WDW rather than just discussing the situation that there are a lot of overtired children in WDW restaurants.

I agree part of the problem comes from Disney's refusal to confront the behavior of guests. That is their policy. Absent a gross disturbance of the peace, WDW staff will usually do nothing. I do recall a kid at 'Ohana constantly blowing a whistle, and after several complaints from nearby tables a server went and had a word with the parents and the whistle got taken away by mom or dad. So sometimes it does happen.

The OP asked to close this. There are some sarcastic responses regarding "how about they ban all children then" but in general this thread is turning out better than others on this subject. Please keep the posting guidelines in mind, because the thread's riding on the edge.

After having kids, I now look at the mom whose kid is having a tantrum with empathy, and not disdain. Learn to have a kind heart.

**** that that there is anything wrong with kids having a tantrum - I guess I was just lucky that both of my children never did.

However, when the child(ren) begins physically disrupting other diners by throwing things, kicking the booth back or running wildly around the restuarant (all of which I have experienced) and the parents do nothing, than that is a huge issue to me.

TDC Nala said:
Not when the kid is kicking me. Had that happen once at Le Cellier while a kid was having a fit and decided he was going to lie down on the booth, stretch out and kick, apparently because he had had enough of sitting still, and the parent made no move to pull the child in from someone else's space. Which I guess is my fault because I didn't have words with the father or ask the server to have words with the father. A kid just sleeping is not a problem although I feel a little sorry for the older ones laid out on two chairs with coats covering them. they need to be in bed. And the kid sleeping on the floor was a little mindblowing.

It does appear to make a difference that some are responding to the first post without reading the thread, because they're the ones that jump in with all the passion and assume the OP doesn't like children and wants to ban all children from WDW rather than just discussing the situation that there are a lot of overtired children in WDW restaurants.

I agree part of the problem comes from Disney's refusal to confront the behavior of guests. That is their policy. Absent a gross disturbance of the peace, WDW staff will usually do nothing. I do recall a kid at 'Ohana constantly blowing a whistle, and after several complaints from nearby tables a server went and had a word with the parents and the whistle got taken away by mom or dad. So sometimes it does happen.

The OP asked to close this. There are some sarcastic responses regarding "how about they ban all children then" but in general this thread is turning out better than others on this subject. Please keep the posting guidelines in mind, because the thread's riding on the edge.

Thank you. I greatly appreciate everything you wrote and how eloquently it was written.

Excuse me, but my post regarding banning all children at WDW was not sarcastic nor facetious. It was a simple comment on a proposal that while 100o/o unlikely, is doable nonetheless. If the premise of banning kids at Disney restaurants for some totally arbitrary time period because those people simply don't want to see kids then my suggestion of banning kids altogether is just as valid.

The OP isn't asking to ban all children. If you think her suggestion was tantamount to asking that children be banned from WDW (personally I don't see that), or that she dislikes children and never wants to see them anywhere, then certainly an adult poster can express it without the hyperbole or attacks. Thread's done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter