Shutters pre-purchase photos query

I will call DCL later this morning to inquire, but wanted to ask here in the meantime.

I clicked on the link provided by PP (thanks). It stated the photobook is "unavailable". Is it unavailable because I'm too close to my cruise date (3 wks away) or is it just not available...even onboard?

After reading the comments, I'm really interested in a Shutters package(preferably a book, since I intended to make a photobook of our cruise vacation anyway. I'm traveling alone with DS and I'd planned to bring my tripod and wireless remote to get pics of us together; however, Shutters sounds like a better option (if I can get it at a price I can afford).

Thanks OP for posting this. This board is so informative!

Hello,

My family is going on a cruise with two other families. We will be staying in three separate staterooms. Our children and our friends' children are all teens, so they may be in different areas of the ship than the parents.

• If my daughter and her friend take a photo together, will the photo be included in the "all prints or all digital and prints" package (or photo book) for me AND the friend's family? What if their are three children from three staterooms?
  • If we take a whole group photo with all 14 cruisers, will this photo be included in the packages for all three families?
  • If the answers to the above questions are yes, do we just ask the photographer to scan the room key for each stateroom?
I only want to pre-order the "all prints or all digital" package (or photo book) if photos of our children with their friends or photos of us with the adult friends will be included. Otherwise I'll buy the prints individually.

Hello,

My family is going on a cruise with two other families. We will be staying in three separate staterooms. Our children and our friends' children are all teens, so they may be in different areas of the ship than the parents.

• If my daughter and her friend take a photo together, will the photo be included in the "all prints or all digital and prints" package (or photo book) for me AND the friend's family? What if their are three children from three staterooms?
  • If we take a whole group photo with all 14 cruisers, will this photo be included in the packages for all three families?
  • If the answers to the above questions are yes, do we just ask the photographer to scan the room key for each stateroom?
I only want to pre-order the "all prints or all digital" package (or photo book) if photos of our children with their friends or photos of us with the adult friends will be included. Otherwise I'll buy the prints individually.

We went with friends last year on the cruise who were staying in different staterooms. I was able to purchase the pictures that were taken of our kids together with Peter Pan on Pirate night. Those pictures of my kids with our friends kids were included among our photos to review at Shutters. From my experience, as long as the photographer used your room key to record the picture when it was taken, those pictures will be viewable for you-- similar to WDW.

So my question is: if you see non printed photos at shutters kiosk and have prepaid for the "all prints" package will shutters print them for you?

Anyone had success with the "all prints" package?

We're on a 5day double dip on the Dream.

Something fun about owning the shutters photos printed rather than digital. They get Framed and shared more than digital.

I pre-purchased the all digital plus all prints package, and when I visited Shutters during the cruise I found that the kiosk monitor was showing shots taken at the formal dress dinner (including the other families that were our table mates), but matching prints couldn't be found in my folder. Shutters folks told me to select them on the monitor and "add print to cart" (or similar wording) to get them printed out - the screen showed a price for those prints, but i was assured that since I purchased the package I wouldn't be charged extra.

So lesson learnt - if you paid for all the prints you do need to compare and count them, unless you don't mind missing some.

The kiosk monitor also had pictures of us riding the AquaDuck which was a surprise - I didn't know there was a a camera there, and since we didn't need to present the KTTW card at AquaDuck, it was pretty amazing that they could match our faces to the account. (Consider this: was your facial expression "normal" or anything close to your boarding photo when you ride the AquaDuck?) Those weren't professional shots but A LOT OF FUN nevertheless, and were included on the CD. Shutters people told me I couldn't print those AquaDuck pictures though.

On our last cruise, I also purchased the digital plus print package. As the previous poster mentioned, there were some photos that showed up on the monitor that hadn't been printed out as well as some that were printed but didn't show up on the monitor. Shutters fixed everything but it took me a long time to compare everything. I had over 200 pictures. (7 day cruise, lots of characters.)

We also had a couple of pictures in our folder that were of a girl that resembled my daughter. I assume that they probably had a couple pictures of my daughter in their folder.

Hello,

If anyone from a room that has purchased the photo CD has a picture taken, that picture will be on their CD. If there are 2 people in the photo from 2 different rooms, and both rooms purchased the CD, the photo would be on both CDs. If only one room (of those two people) has purchased the CD, it will only be on that CD.

Any photos taken of anyone in a room that has purchased a CD will appear on their CD.

As noted, you will have to confirm physically whether all photos have automatically been applied to the proper folders.

How are Shutters refunds handled? Do they refund the money back onto your onboard account, which you can use it towards paying off whatever you have there, or does it go directly back onto your credit card you pre-paid with?
It will be credited back to your onboard account.

Question regarding the multiple rooms and one package. My wife, daughter (age 2) and my self are in one room. My MIL and niece (age 9) are in another room. I understand that any picture my MIL was in by herself would not be included in our package correct? What about my niece, if her and my MIL are in a picture will it be included?

Question regarding the multiple rooms and one package. My wife, daughter (age 2) and my self are in one room. My MIL and niece (age 9) are in another room. I understand that any picture my MIL was in by herself would not be included in our package correct? What about my niece, if her and my MIL are in a picture will it be included?

In a picture with you? Yes.

In a picture on their own? No.

In a picture with you? Yes.

In a picture on their own? No.

I see, I misunderstood the child under 21 line. The hang up is that since she isn't my child any picture without one of us from my room wouldn't be included. Am I understanding this correctly?

I see, I misunderstood the child under 21 line. The hang up is that since she isn't my child any picture without one of us from my room wouldn't be included. Am I understanding this correctly?

That's the way I understand it.

We went with friends last year on the cruise who were staying in different staterooms. I was able to purchase the pictures that were taken of our kids together with Peter Pan on Pirate night. Those pictures of my kids with our friends kids were included among our photos to review at Shutters. From my experience, as long as the photographer used your room key to record the picture when it was taken, those pictures will be viewable for you-- similar to WDW.
This is what we found. When we went in 2015 I didn't repurchase the CD because we were a group of 6 in 3 rooms ( me, 2 kids, my parents and my brother). One of my DDs was listed in my brothers room. So I thought I would miss out on pics due to 3 staterooms. But-- we used my stateroom card almost exclusively for pic--not intentionally it just worked that way--and when I went to Shutters all of the pics of all of us were in my folder. I think there were about 5 that ended up in another of our folders but most of those had one of my kids in it so I was able to add them too. So I purchased the one CD and ended up with most of our photos. It was a 50th anniversary cruise for my parents so well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter