Shutters pre-purchase photos query

Stitchie13

Mouseketeer
I cannot remember where I read this and now I can't seem to find the thread but I was wondering where I find pricing for the pre-purchase photo packages for Shutters for a 7-night cruise.

Is it worth it? We love getting all the photos with the characters, backgrounds and other events as this way we don't have to worry about taking our own camera with us every where and I'm really interested to hear that you can now get the CD, is that right?

Is it also true that if we pre-purchase the package and find that we didn't like the photos we can get a refund whilst we are on the cruise?

Thanks again for any help or if you can direct me to the applicable threads that would be great.

Thanks

The pre package was so worth it to us!! We paid for the package where we got all the pictures taken which ended up being hundreds of pictures. It was well worth the price which varies with the length of your cruise. But you can save $50 if you buy it before you go. Try this link
http://www.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/?utm_source=Photography&utm_medium=Disney&utm_campaign=Photography or you can get to it by going to your reservation on disney cruiseline and going to the button for purchasing merchandise and get to it through there.

For a 4 day cruise we paid $180 and got every picture taken or we could have had the CD with all the pictures on it. ( I wanted the hard copies.) On board the same package was $230.

I bought the CD on our last two cruises but I buy the 20 photo package. If you can get a refund if you don't like the photos (or want to downgrade to a less amount of photos), I'd pre-purchase to get the discount.

I bought the CD on our last two cruises but I buy the 20 photo package. If you can get a refund if you don't like the photos (or want to downgrade to a less amount of photos), I'd pre-purchase to get the discount.

Thanks for that, do you, or anyone else for that matter, know if we pre-purchase the 20 photo package and decided whilst on board that we wanted the every photo package that we could upgrade and still get the discount?

The pre package was so worth it to us!! We paid for the package where we got all the pictures taken which ended up being hundreds of pictures. It was well worth the price which varies with the length of your cruise. But you can save $50 if you buy it before you go. Try this link
http://www.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/?utm_source=Photography&utm_medium=Disney&utm_campaign=Photography or you can get to it by going to your reservation on disney cruiseline and going to the button for purchasing merchandise and get to it through there.

For a 4 day cruise we paid $180 and got every picture taken or we could have had the CD with all the pictures on it. ( I wanted the hard copies.) On board the same package was $230.

Thank you for the link :-)

OMG..another item to consider. Was looking at the options and costs. Really would like to have pictures of all of us (3) in important pictures, which I am sure are designated "special" moments just like WDW. Looking at the Photobook with ?34? pictures. We will be taking our own pictures too. Any comments pro/con would be helpful.:hourglass

I prepurchased the CD on our 7 night cruise and I would say it was worth it, but just barely. I believe we got about 75 photos most of them character photos with a couple of other pictures taken in the dining rooms and some on castaway cay. When i took our dds to BBB, there was no photographer there and I made a stink and they finally sent someone towards the very end of the appt to snap a few pictures of the girls. I guess my misconception was that there would be photographers constantly strolling around the ship snapping pictures but that really isn't the case. You basically need to wait in line to get your picture taken, so just keep that in mind. The pictures do come out lovely though, especially the ones on Castaway Cay, so in the end I guess it was worth it. Also not sure if this has changed but all the pictures have a border around it which I do not think you can remove... I ended up using one of the pictures for our holiday card but I had to sacrifice some of the scenery to crop out the border. This was 2 years ago though so not sure if that's changed.

With the packages, do you get the 'professional portait ones' that they do for formal/semi-formal where they break out the nice back drops and props and things?

Yes, you can upgrade/downgrade/cancel whatever you've pre-purchased, as long as you do it by the last night (can't be done on debarkation day). We've purchased a 20 photo package that we changed for the 10 on one cruse, and totally canceled it (only bought 2 pictures) on another.

Thanks for that, do you, or anyone else for that matter, know if we pre-purchase the 20 photo package and decided whilst on board that we wanted the every photo package that we could upgrade and still get the discount?
Yes, you can upgrade, but I doubt that you'd get the discount. I believe they want the information pre-cruise as to how many full CDs they are going to be making.

With the packages, do you get the 'professional portait ones' that they do for formal/semi-formal where they break out the nice back drops and props and things?
All photos (except for the private sittings) taken by Shutters photographers are included. Private sittings are the ones you schedule with Shutters, much like going into a photography studio at home. Those cost extra.

YES! We had some great shots with different backgrounds. At home I would never get my family to go to a portrait studio. Now I have some of the pictures framed in my living room. It is worth it!

OMG..another item to consider. Was looking at the options and costs. Really would like to have pictures of all of us (3) in important pictures, which I am sure are designated "special" moments just like WDW. Looking at the Photobook with ?34? pictures. We will be taking our own pictures too. Any comments pro/con would be helpful.:hourglass

I did the pre -pay purchase of all pictures and loved it. My sister-in-law did the book and loved it. The book is nice and easier to store and keep. But there are some pages that have pre- set photo's which I didn't like and some of the layouts were set. It really depends what you are going to do with the pictures after. I wanted to frame some and I wanted all of the pictures so I didn't have to choose. You also have to make quick decisions and create the book and I did not want that pressure on my last day of the cruise.
Good luck with your decision.

Just so you know, you will only get the discount if you buy the largest package with all of the pictures, it does not apply to the 10 or 20 picture packages (or at least in October it did not). It appears on the website like you will get a discount, but after being charged full price and talking to several "Shutters" people, the discount does not apply. We did like the pictures, but they were VERY hard to pick (small thumbnail pics) from on the numbered packages, not sure if you get full sized pictures from the start on the unlimited CD or not. We were pleased, but thought we were getting a discount.

Just so you know, you will only get the discount if you buy the largest package with all of the pictures, it does not apply to the 10 or 20 picture packages (or at least in October it did not). It appears on the website like you will get a discount, but after being charged full price and talking to several "Shutters" people, the discount does not apply. We did like the pictures, but they were VERY hard to pick (small thumbnail pics) from on the numbered packages, not sure if you get full sized pictures from the start on the unlimited CD or not. We were pleased, but thought we were getting a discount.
Yes, the reduced price is only available on the full photo CD. The added prints (if you get them), and the 10/20 photo packages are regular rates.

In 2011 & 2012 we did a separate sitting and did not have to pay extra. They were included.

Is the photo book not an option on the Wonder? It doesn't come up like it does for the Dream.

In 2011 & 2012 we did a separate sitting and did not have to pay extra. They were included.
From the My Cruise Photos website:

The following is not included with your photo package (digital or print):
  • Photos of others in your party not staying in your stateroom.
  • Group photos, weddings, Quinces and other special occasion photography services.
  • Generic stock photos of the ship, characters, ports of call, etc.
  • Any special printing or retouching requests.

The 10 or 20 photo package... Do you get to select those from the ones put in your photo book? Or do you have to select them from the screen?

The 10 or 20 photo package... Do you get to select those from the ones put in your photo book? Or do you have to select them from the screen?
I believe the photobook and actual photo packages are separate. It's my understanding that the pages in the book are, basically, "themed". For example a page for the dining rooms, and only photos taken in the dining rooms are able to be put in there. Each page having it's own group of photos you can select from.

The 10/20 photo packages you can pick any 10 or 20 photos from all regular photos taken by the Shutters photographers.

I believe the photobook and actual photo packages are separate. It's my understanding that the pages in the book are, basically, "themed". For example a page for the dining rooms, and only photos taken in the dining rooms are able to be put in there. Each page having it's own group of photos you can select from.

The 10/20 photo packages you can pick any 10 or 20 photos from all regular photos taken by the Shutters photographers.

Thanks. I forget they have the make your own book thing. I guess I meant folder - the thing where you look through the actual pictures. :)

I did do the 10 pictures when I was on board and saw how cute they were coming out (and added 1 or 2 on...I liked more than 10 but not up to 20) - I just wasn't sure if buying in advance limited you to looking on the screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter