Shuttergirl taking on the US hehe - NOW WITH some PHOTOS See Post 1 for links

Sadly the Power Rangers have gone! :sad1: So upset because we missed them last time we were here and wanted to see them! Also Star Tours has just closed! So that has gone too.

Yeah I had read that the PR have been sold back to the original company that started them. And Star Tours is under refurb here and in DLR.

Looks like DHS will become a half day park and a night visit for Fantasmic for us.

This morning was EMH at MK and we were keen to go. I know alot of people say you should avoid the park with EMH but since we always leave just around lunchtime for a rest, it works out great for us. We made it in time to watch the sweet little opening showing for Rope Drop and then walked briskly towards the castle and Fantasyland. We always have to start in Fantasyland and Peter Pan is first. I just think it is the most charming ride, it always leaves me feeling happy, and of course Dumbo was up next and the leaves me feeling the same. Fortunately the morning was overcast so it kept the heat at bay which was lovely. Then we hit Snow White and the carousel and we were lucky enough to run into Mary Poppins and Bert. They would have to be the most wonderful characters as far as interaction with the kids goes, so chatty and fun. And Mary is my DD's fave so it was very exciting to see her.

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

We then headed over to BTMRR as my DD and I were going to brave this ride for the first time. Well we LOVED it, had so much fun we rode it again straight away. No lines at all to get on which was great.

Can you see me, I'm up the front LOL
IMG_2959.jpg

Then the whole family hit Splash Mountain for the first time ever. Poor DS8 was looking very nervous about the whole thing and didn't really enjoy the smaller drops so I was a little worried about how the big drop was going to go. Not to mention I was worried about my own reaction to that drop hahaha. Well he got through it but vowed not to ride it again, we asked could he ride just one more time as there was still ABSOLUTELY NO LINES and we wanted to take advantage. He sucked it up and rode again but has now put his foot down about any future rides on Splash haha.

We then went to watch the Dream along with Mickey show which was unexpected as sweet as can be. I took tons of photos because I was enthralled but can I say, I do not like the blinking characters, it seems so weird to watch them blink and made photographing them quite difficult. With that said, I loved everything about the show and will try to see it again before we leave.

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0149copy.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

We went and watched Mickey's Philharmagic and I thought it was wonderful, lots of great 3D effects, I giggled like a little kid throughout.

We rode Pirates and a few other things then watched a little bit of the Celebration parade, had a yummy icecream then headed towards the Monorail as we had 1.30 reservations for Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary.

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

Got there so quickly and were able to check in early. Ummmm, what is with the photo with the little plastic Mickey statue???? Where the hell is the real Mickey? I thought that was a little lame. Anyway, we thought the buffet was nice, lots of variety and exactly what you expect from a buffet. The characters were good, although some of them were very quick to move on but I guess they have alot of people to see. Overall we enjoyed it.

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

We had a quick wander around the Contemporary and I have to say I don't quite understand what people see in that resort. It has the feel of a normal hotel, but not all that good. No theming to speak of and for me that only plus was the monorail and I could take that or leave it. It's definitely not the resort for me.

After lunch we headed back to the room for a quick nap then headed down for a swim, we spent more time in the pool today as we were trying to be a little more relaxed about time where possible. DH bought me a margarita but it wasn't one of the frozen ones I was craving and it wasn't a flavoured one so it just really wasn't that nice. I didn't mention anything but he could tell by the fact that I didn't actually drink it hahaha.

We went back to the room and got ready for Hollywood Studios because I was determined to see Fantasmic. I had psyched everyone up for the 1 hour wait and we were going to get something from Starring Rolls for dinner to take in with us.

Well we got to HS, headed towards Fantasmic just to get a feel for where we needed to be. There was still 1 hr 20 mins to the show and there were literally hundreds and hundreds of people swarming down the street to the venue. Now I know that it holds 5000 people but that was madness. I looked at DH and said "even I'm not lining up that long" and so we decided to skip it. I was a little sad about it but there were lots of other things we could do with that time so I'll get over it. To add insult to injury Starring Rolls was closed so I wasn't sure what to do about dinner. The kids were a little bummed and I was racking my brain trying to think how to salvage the evening, then I remembered Pizza Planet, like in the Toy Story Movies. We went there for dinner and the kids loved it. You get pizza and a caesar salad, along with a drink and a snack all for a counter service credit and the size of the drink still makes me laugh, it was the size of a small child I swear hahaha. The kids then went and played some games and smiles were again on faces so we were back on track.

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

We sauntered past TSM, the wait was 2 hrs at 7.30 at night, good god. I don't think we will ever get to ride this but I am keeping my fingers crossed. We watched Muppets 3D because my DH loves it, and it was good as usual.

IMG_0424.jpg

Met some characters, wandered around a bit but I honestly left feeling underwhelmed. We aren't wild ride people so that cut out alot and with Fantasmic being an impossibility and TSM, well forget it, there isn't all that much to do there. With that said, we are heading back there tomorrow morning so hopefully things improve.

DH and DS went to bed rather early and DD and I sat out on the balcony, me on the laptop, her reading a book and we heard fireworks. Did I mention we have amazing views of the castle???? Oh I already mentioned our amazing views???? Sorry to brag :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:.

It was the MNSSHP fireworks and they were really amazing. The whole sky was little up and the finale part was exceptional. I can't tell you how amazing the view was from our balcony, it was just beautiful, we felt very blessed to be able to see it.

IMG_1399.jpg

So that is the end of our second day and we are still loving the transport system, our resort and the whole place.

What a day... I am so impressed by your DS taking one for the team on Splash Mountain. :goodvibes That is really cool and selfless of him. I am sure that the good Disney karma will come back to him.

I mentioned the other day that I was considering Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary was another thought, so it was enlightening to read your thoughts on the matter.

I hope tomorrow brings another wonderful Disney day. Enjoy the fireworks and the special time with your family.

What a nightmare start with the flight dramas, but sounds like you're all making up for it and having a ball!

After reading both your trip report and Aussietravellers, I can't comprehend the level of detail those travelling to Florida have to go through...Disneyland has plenty of options on its own!

Shuttergirl - Are you absolutely sure that you have a good view from your room? I'd hate to think that there was some doubt in your mind.....:rolleyes1

The second showing of Fantasmic is a little less frantic as far as queuing is concerned. We rocked up to the line at about 9.40 pm and were near the hat. We waited about 10 minutes and they started to let people in. We sat near the back; but it was still a good view.

If DS was worried about drops on Splash Mountain, why did he find this so different from Kali? You get heaps wet at Kali....

1748 photos taken up to the end of yesterday. 1000 in NYC and already 748 by the end of day two in WDW. Man that's gonna be alot of editing by the time we've finished our holiday :rotfl2:

Wow that is a lot of photos! Can't wait to see some of them (obviously won't see all of them :rotfl2: )

Magic Kingdom sounds like a great day! You certainly got lots of rides in. Going early certainly does make a difference, you get heaps of rides done being there early and then leaving in the afternoon.

I totally agree with you about the Comtempory resort. Monorail and all it doesn't have that much theming and after AKL (and I imagine WL) it is very ordinary! I laughed about your comment with the statue at Chef Mickeys. We didn't even bother getting the photo. At 1900 Park Fare and Ohana's they also just stand you infront of different theme things, no characters. I heard they were going to bring in the real mickey for the photo at Chef Mickey's! Don't know what happened about that.

Sorry Hollywood Studios was a bit of a flop! We went to Fantasmic on Thursday night after dinner at Epcot. We went to the 9.30pm show and got there about 20 minutes before starting. The queue wasn't too bad, about half way up that tower of terror street and they opened the gates 5 minutes later so we were walking the whole time. Is it on again before you leave? Do you have park hoppers? You could try going over just for fantasmic (try the later session). Although I have to say that I like the DL fantasmic more than the WDW one.

It's great you are loving your view and your resort (well the whole place). It is such a wonderful place to visit. You must be moving to Pop soon, going to be hard to part with that view :rotfl2: Nothing will be the same after having your dream resort, club level and a magical view, but what a perfect way to start your first ever trip to WDW. :wizard:

Well we were on a bit of a go slow this morning for some reason. The boys went and played in the arcade while us girls finished pretty-fying ourselves :lmao:. We then jumped on the extremely packed bus to HS. Just shows how busy it gets later in the morning, I think it was about 10am. I've been chatting up a storm on the buses much to DH's disgust but I love hearing about people and as soon as people hear our accents they are keen to talk. The lady I talked to this morning was there with her own family with 4 kids, her parents and her siblings and their families. She was the planner of the whole trip and had typed up pages of itineraries. It made my DD and I giggle that I am not the only "planning freak" out there :rotfl2:. When we chatted about our past few days at WDW, she had gone to all of the parks we had, done all of the same things. When we got off the bus my DD said "mum she's the American version of you" :lmao:.

IMG_0482.jpg

Of course going later was all a big mistake with regards to TSM as the fp's we got were for a 4pm return time hahahaha.

IMG_2387.jpg

We did the Great Movie Ride which was a lovely trip down memory lane. We wandered through some shops and then the kids were lucky enough to be pulled into a little fun with the Green Army Men. They did some fun little basic training things with them and we were cracking up because the army men are so funny. The whole thing took about 30 mins but was priceless.

IMG_0527.jpg

We then headed to our early lunch at Sci Fi Diner. DH had wanted to change our plans to go to HS this morning and I refused because I was so excited about Sci Fi Diner :rotfl2: The theming and atmosphere are so cool and I doubt whether we will ever top it for most fun unusual restaurant ever, hehe. The fact that you sit in a car to eat and you have the little speaker on the door just like a normal drive in, the funny crazy old movies, the whole thing is a blast. We enjoyed the food too, DH and I both had the burgers with mushrooms, bacon and onion, and they were yum. DD had the italian chicken sandwich and didn't like it much, but that could just be her being fussy. DS had the cheese pizza which he loved. For dessert everyone had the hot fudge sundae but not me, I knew better and had the peanut butter chocolate cake thingo which was scrumptious.

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

We then hightailed it over to Beauty and the Beast show which is held in a kind of open amphitheatre. They certainly crammed alot into the 30 mins and I really loved the show. The costumes were stunning and the way the beast changed backwards and forwards into a man was very well done. I thought the singing was pretty great too. I took tons of photos and will share later on.

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

I think we did a little more shopping then headed back to the resort. We napped and swam and then got ready to head to Epcot for the first time.

IMG_0768.jpg

We didn't really see any of Epcot to be honest because we raced straight into the World Showcase and around to the American Gardens Pavillion to watch Taylor Dayne. We missed the first 2 songs but got to see her perform for another 30mins or so and she was fantastic. Didn't miss a note and looks pretty good for her age, with a little help from Mr. Plastic Surgery. It was great.

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

We took the kids for a bite to eat and I had grand plans of getting a beer or a champers but the lines were insane at this time of night so I gave that idea a miss. By the time the kids had eaten, it was nearly time for Taylor to perform again and so crazy live music lovin' peeps that we are, we watched her again. DS and I even had a little dance. I preferred the 2nd concert because it was dark by then and all of the trees were lit up and the mood was more "concert" like.

We then decided to head out of there before Illuminations so we could beat the crowd. We will watch Illuminations another night this week.

IMG_0874.jpg

Another great day. We enjoyed what we saw of Epcot and can't wait to see more.

Again, I can't tell you how impressed I am with the buses, we are having wonderful luck and have barely had to wait for more than a few minutes.

We haven't used a snack credit at all yet on the dining plan which is a problem because we move to POP Century soon and the credits don't roll over, they are like separate bookings so I may need to stock up on lollipops or something at the shop downstairs haha.

We've also enjoyed the Club Lounge, we pop in there and get drinks everytime we return to the resort, along with any snacks we feel like, it's very handy although overkill when you are on the dining plan in my opinion. It has been good for a quick breakfast most mornings too.

Shuttergirl - it sounds like you had a great time at HS. Is your opinion of HS a little different now to the early post? For me, it really is a park about the shows (LCA, IJ, B&tB) and 3 rides (TSM, StarTours (refurb) and RnRC). A lot of people also love ToT; but sadly, I won't get on this ride so I can't comment.

Shuttergirl - it sounds like you had a great time at HS. Is your opinion of HS a little different now to the early post? For me, it really is a park about the shows (LCA, IJ, B&tB) and 3 rides (TSM, StarTours (refurb) and RnRC). A lot of people also love ToT; but sadly, I won't get on this ride so I can't comment.

I'm a big fan of Star Tours too, our family was disappointed it was closed for refurb.

Hmmm, no I haven't really changed my opinion in the sense that if you don't do RnRC or TOT, ride wise the pickings are slim for rides. I don't know, maybe I am being too harsh on the park, and I probably need to spend some more time there so that I am not judging too quickly.

I forgot to mention, when we arrived at Hollywood Studios that day, I pulled the cards out and one was missing. I nearly fainted on the spot. I am sooooo anal about checking the cards a million times, almost to the point of OCD. This was my worst nightmare.

But then I remembered someone on here had mentioned about friends getting cards reissued so I went to guest relations and they whipped me up a new card on the spot and we only had a 5 min delay to our park entry. I was very impressed with this.

We got up nice and early and got ready for our character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We caught a cab over to the Grand Floridian and were blown away by how beautiful and "grand" the resort is. It really is lovely and we enjoyed having a quick look around.

We checked in for our breakfast and were quickly seated at our table. 1900 Park Fare's dining room is just so sweet and lovely, so many delicate details. Our whole family just adores a cooked breakfast, combine that with a buffet/all you can eat situation and we are in "food heaven". Hmmmm yummmm, the food was very very good. And although we all had grand plans to gorge ourselves, between eating, meeting characters and just generally taking in the whole scene, we really didn't eat all that much. Olivia was very excited to meet Mary Poppins again and we were happy to also meet Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter, as well as Pooh Bear and Tigger. They were all very friendly and chatty and the whole breakfast was very good.

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

We then headed out to catch a bus to Blizzard Beach Water Park. We managed to get there early and they opened the gates early too which was very exciting. Imagine our surprise when we got to the ticket machine and the lady said we didn't have water park entry added to our tickets. I said "no that can't be" and so we had to head to Guest Services to see what was up. I was sure I had asked for this to be put onto our tickets but started to doubt myself. We could have added it then and there for a hefty $200ish but DH was reluctant to pay the money then incase we had already paid it in our package. He felt we should check first and rightly so. $200 for a water park is madness enough, no matter how amazing that water park is. Paying twice that would be lunacy so our very unhappy family wandered back to the bus stops to head back to our resort to regroup, change and decide what to do. Because of the time of day it was and that noone would be leaving the parks yet, no buses were coming to take people back to resorts. They were all heading on to Animal Kingdom park. We sat there for what seemed like forever and I just decided we would catch a bus to Animal Kingdom and then jump onto a resort bus from there. This was the only time we had any trouble with buses but it was really more about timing than anything.

Well DH was a bit "broken" by all of this and I could tell he probably needed some downtime as the heat and the crowds were starting to drive him a little crazy so the kids and I got off at Animal Kingdom and he continued on to the resort for the day. I swear he probably laid in bed sleeping for the day :rotfl2:, he swears he didn't, he swears he went for some walks but I doubt it hehe. Whatever makes him happy.

The kids and I had a great day, even though being there was unexpected. We started with the Lion King show which was absolutely excellent. The singing was wonderful, the costumes and props were vibrant and visually beautiful and it was well put together. The kids got called up to be a part of the show which was lovely as well.

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

We headed for a quick bite to eat after this at Flame Tree BBQ. I wasn't that impressed with this which surprised me because I had read lots of great reviews but maybe it was more what I ordered. I had the BBQ chicken salad and it was all a bit of a non event.

We then decided to go to It's Tough to be a Bug. Now I have not read one positive review about this to be honest but the kids were keen and I was in total "go with the flow" mode so I happily went along with whatever they wanted. Well I was pleasantly surprised. It was quite fun and the kids really enjoyed it and when the little critters run under your seat at the end, well I got a little surprise and let out a loud laugh which send a few people around into giggles so overall we thought it was good.

IMG_1211.jpg

We then hit Dinoland as the kids were keen to ride Primevil Whirl again. I liked it even less this time, something about being up high, hurtling towards the end of a track with nothing beyond only to be whipped around a corner so hard and fast you think your head may roll off, yeah, I just don't love love love it. It's just alright for me.

Tried to get DS to ride Dinosaur again but we ended up having to go out the "chicken exit". He enjoyed it when he rode on the first day but was just a bit too nervous to try again.

We then went to the Finding Nemo Show (wow, it was quite the "show filled day). Again, have read mixed reviews for this show so was not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought they brought it to the stage quite well, I loved the "puppet" things and enjoyed the music added to the story. For what it was I thought it was good and def think really little kids would adore it. Loved all of the colours and the puppets very much.

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

It was then time to head back to the resort for the rest of the day. This was our last day at the resort so I wanted us to have a little time there. We really haven't spent anywhere near as much time there as I had hoped but there is just so much to do, I feel like we are running from here to there but we never seem to be accomplishing much :rotfl:.

The kids went for a very long swim, I did some more boring laundry and we had a quiet dinner in the room and you guessed it, watched the fireworks from the balcony again :laughing:. I did a little bit of packing but my heart really wasn't in it yet so I thought I would leave it for the morning.

It will be sad to leave Wilderness Lodge tomorrow to head over to start the remainder of our stay at POP Century but I guess a change is as good as a holiday and it will be a new experience.

Shuttergirl - I hope that you find out that you did have WPF&M in your package!
And I hope that you enjoy POP!

ps. I LOVE :lovestruc It's Tough to be a Bug. Its a must-do for me in WDW and DLR.

So did you end up having the waterparks on your ticket?

I am loving reading along Shuttergirl. Thanks for keeping us all updated :flower3:

xxx

Glad you enjoyed Sci Fi, it's such a great themed restaurant. I think I had the same burger as you and your DH. So you have not had a go at Toy Story Mania yet? Oh I do hope you get to ride it, it is such a fun ride it would be a shame to miss it.

Taylor Dane sounds awesome, still haven't managed to see her. I think last night was her last night :sad1: and it was DS's birthday party last night and my party (with wishes cruise) the night before, so I think we missed out :sad1:

That's such a shame about going all the way to Blizzard Beach and not going in, but at least you ended up having a fun day at AK. It's really a problem not having those buses running from the resorts in the mornings until late. We managed to get stuck there for almost an hour on our last trip. My mum was at Saratoga Springs for a few days after arriving at WDW early and there not being room at AKL until her original booking. We were going over to her room from AKL, so we hopped on the Blizzard Beach bus because that was sort of in the area. We got to BB about 9.30am and moved to the Saratoga Springs bus stop. Buses kept coming for Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom :confused3 So one that stopped at the SSR bus stop, I asked if a bus to SSR was going to come. He said that we were at the right stop, just wait as a bus would come. We waited about half an hour longer and then a bus to HS stopped at our stop and I said to the driver. We have been waiting 45 minutes, is a bus to SSR not coming. He then said that the resort buses don't start until I think it was 11.30am :mad::mad::mad: I was fuming that the other bus driver hadn't told us and we had sat there waiting another half hour after asking him :mad: That driver told us to get on his bus to HS and take the SSR bus from there. So when I read your post about waiting for your bus to WL I was thinking "OH NO, long wait ahead, hope they worked it out sooner than we did :rotfl:" and thank goodness you did.

I hope the move to Pop goes well tomorrow, it will be sad to leave WL but Pop will be fun. We moved to YC today and it is lovely!

We decided at the last minute to see if we could get a breakfast ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe before we checked out of WL. The atmosphere was loud and fun and the food was mmm mmm good. DH got the breakfast skillet but he totally had "order envy" when he saw my delicious omelette come out. I have to say I chose the winner of the morning. I love it when I choose the best meal :rotfl2::rotfl2:.

I headed back up to the room to finish packing and DH and the kids headed to the games arcade as they know it is best to stay out of my way when I pack :laughing:.

Once everything was packed, we had 10 items to check with bell services :scared1:. Can you believe it, I still can't. The bellman even commented hahaha.

I grabbed the family and we jumped on the bus to Epcot. We didn't arrive until 10ish because the packing took me longer than I thought it would but we were in no rush today so I wasn't too worried. We fastpassed Soarin and then jumped on the Nemo ride. I thought it was cute but I won't need to rush back to that ride. We then headed over to Test Track gulp!!!!! The kids and I had watched Youtube footage and it didn't look too bad but when you are standing outside the ride and watching those cars zoom past in the outside portion of the ride, it's a little daunting for a "fraidy family" like us. We decided to swallow a can of "toughen up" and jumped into the 30 min line. DS was getting more nervous by the minute while we waited which in turn made me more nervous, which in turn made DH and DD more nervous haha. I was glad to finally be in the car to see what all the fuss was about. Well the ride certainly was fast but I did really enjoy it. There were a few times when we were outside and it seemed like we were flying that I felt a little panic but overall it was great.

IMG_1521.jpg

We then went and had a play in Club Cool, trying out all of the different Coke's from around the world. I was dying to go here so i could trick one of the family into trying the "beverly" which apparently tastes horrendeous. Well my daughter was the closest to it so I said that everyone on the DIS raves about that one and quickly got my camera ready. A man standing behind her heard me and started chuckling, he obviously knew the "secret". Her face was priceless and I was excited to capture it. Then DH thought he'd taste it, surely it couldn't be that bad, hahaha. Well I managed to capture his face too. The man behind us was in hysterics as was I. I really enjoyed trying all of the different flavours, we all had fun with it.

We then headed into the showcase but had to again rush past all of the pavillions because we had a 12.10 ADR at Teppan Edo. I've always wanted to go to a tepanaki? bar and I knew my husband would love it. As for DS8, well he is the fussiest of eaters and I figured he could just sit and watch and we'd buy him nuggets or something afterwards:rotfl2:. We were enthralled from the moment we walked through the door. And our chef was amazing and funny, I definitely think we lucked out with him. He was fabulous with my son. My son said he would eat the chicken but didn't want the veggies and didn't want his meat mixed with the noodles. The chef was amazing, teasing him just a little but also very generously accommodating DS's special needs. He didn't put any sauce on the chicken, he kept the noodles separate and I was stunned when DS sat and ate every last udon noodle on his plate, with chopsticks no less. I'm still not quite over it as he doesn't eat noodles of any kind as a rule. He also devoured all of his chicken and then asked to try some of my shrimp/prawns. What!!!!! He wants to try prawns, okay then. Well he loved them and ended up eating tons from my plate and DD's. My husband and I just kept giving each other stunned looks across the table. We were seated with 4 english people who were very fun and lovely as can be. And the show the chef put on was excellent, as was the flavours of the food. Our whole family had the most wonderful time and DS asked whether we could go again the next day. A truly awesome experience for us all.

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

We decided to go and ride Soarin after lunch and then DH and DD were keen to hit those Outlet stores. DS was not and to be honest, I was a bit shopped out myself after New York so I sent the other two off shopping with a few items I wanted them to get for DS, and then DS and I headed to the buses to make our way to POP to check in. He loves just having his mummy's undivided attention and he was jumping and climbing and being crazy all the way to the bus haha. We got to POP quickly and as I was checking in one of the other counter staff came running up saying "Hi, I'm Australian too". She was so excited to see some Aussies, we ended up chatting for ages, we just couldn't get away :lmao:. Then another staff member came running up saying she was Aussie too. We ended up talking with them for 30 minutes and I enjoyed hearing about their experiences. They are here for 6 months working and having a break from uni. Apparently you can organise this through your uni and get credits which my DD12 thinks sounds like an amazing idea.

We finally excused ourselves from the girls and headed to our room. The resort looks clean and bright and full of activity and I was impressed with the room. Not much smaller than the WL, bummer about the double beds but not too big of a deal. My US TA (god bless him) had gotten us a lakeview room in my preferred building, 70's, at no additional charge so the outlook is lovely and the room is fairly quiet. The walk to the buses is not very far and our room is recently renovated. There are some small subtle hidden Mickey touches that I love but nothing over the top. Overall I'm pleased.

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

DS and I just laid on the beds in the peace and quiet enjoying some down time while we waited for our luggage. When it didn't arrive I rang bell services to ask about it and she said it would be up as soon as possible. An hour past without it arriving so I rang again. She said it would be up as soon as possible. I said that was what you said an hour ago. She said well we are very busy. I said I appreciate that but I would like an idea of time. She said maybe 45 mins. I said, surely not on top of the hour I've already waited. She said yes. I said, well I'll need to speak to your manager if possible please. She put me on hold and then came back and said he was with a customer but would call me straight back.

My bags were at the door within 5 minutes :rotfl2::rotfl2:. My DH growled at me for causing a stir but I just couldn't believe it could take so long since it was well after the time we were told on checkin.

DH and DD finally arrived laden down with bags and bags of shopping. Whew packing to go home is going to be quite a challenge :rotfl::rotfl:. They got lots of bargains and were thoroughly happy and exhausted.

Since we were all tired we decided to eat at the POP food court which was a hive of activity it must be said. There are several food stations and quite a bit of variety and we all found something we liked. I was craving veggies in all forms so had the vegetable lasagne with salad, the others went for burgers, fries and nuggets. We gobbled up our meals then hit the large gift shop. We bought the kids some more stuffed animals, some kitchen stuff, a necklace for DD and some snacks and then headed back to our room for bed.

It was a good day, Epcot was busy because of F&W but we still enjoyed ourselves. Lunch at Teppan Edo is an absolute trip highlight for sure. POP is going to be good and we are looking forward to another day at Epcot tomorrow to eat and drink our way around the world.

Shuttergirl - I hope that you find out that you did have WPF&M in your package!
And I hope that you enjoy POP!

ps. I LOVE :lovestruc It's Tough to be a Bug. Its a must-do for me in WDW and DLR.

Nope it would seem the water park option wasn't included in our ticket so we have now decided to go to Blizzard Beach tomorrow and will pay at the gate

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who likes ITTBAB

So did you end up having the waterparks on your ticket?

I am loving reading along Shuttergirl. Thanks for keeping us all updated :flower3:

xxx

Glad you are enjoying it. Thanks so much for reading along. I wish I could share pics but you know us crazy photographers, I need to go through everything, decide what is "worthy", edit the crap out of it and then I can share :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Glad you enjoyed Sci Fi, it's such a great themed restaurant. I think I had the same burger as you and your DH. So you have not had a go at Toy Story Mania yet? Oh I do hope you get to ride it, it is such a fun ride it would be a shame to miss it.

Taylor Dane sounds awesome, still haven't managed to see her. I think last night was her last night :sad1: and it was DS's birthday party last night and my party (with wishes cruise) the night before, so I think we missed out :sad1:

That's such a shame about going all the way to Blizzard Beach and not going in, but at least you ended up having a fun day at AK. It's really a problem not having those buses running from the resorts in the mornings until late. We managed to get stuck there for almost an hour on our last trip. My mum was at Saratoga Springs for a few days after arriving at WDW early and there not being room at AKL until her original booking. We were going over to her room from AKL, so we hopped on the Blizzard Beach bus because that was sort of in the area. We got to BB about 9.30am and moved to the Saratoga Springs bus stop. Buses kept coming for Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom :confused3 So one that stopped at the SSR bus stop, I asked if a bus to SSR was going to come. He said that we were at the right stop, just wait as a bus would come. We waited about half an hour longer and then a bus to HS stopped at our stop and I said to the driver. We have been waiting 45 minutes, is a bus to SSR not coming. He then said that the resort buses don't start until I think it was 11.30am :mad::mad::mad: I was fuming that the other bus driver hadn't told us and we had sat there waiting another half hour after asking him :mad: That driver told us to get on his bus to HS and take the SSR bus from there. So when I read your post about waiting for your bus to WL I was thinking "OH NO, long wait ahead, hope they worked it out sooner than we did :rotfl:" and thank goodness you did.

I hope the move to Pop goes well tomorrow, it will be sad to leave WL but Pop will be fun. We moved to YC today and it is lovely!

No we haven't done TSM yet and I'm not sure we will get back to HS now, we will have to wait and see. I'm the only one in the family who cares about missing it at this point.

I'm so glad we hopped on that AK bus now after hearing your story about how long the driver said you could wait. That is frightening and would have totally ruined our day. Stuff like that would have made it hard to turn our lemons into lemonade for sure. Whew.

How exciting for you and your son to be sharing your birthdays together at WDW. I think your plans look much better than any old Taylor Dayne concert for sure.

As mentioned above POP is good. The beds are unfortunately not that comfy but the shower is awesome, much better than WL ones. You give a little you get a little I guess.

Can't wait to see pics of your YC room. How lovely for you.

Glad you had a good day at Epcot. Love the review of Teppan Edo, we eat there in a few days so I am really looking forward to it now.

Pop sounds great! Pity the luggage took so long, it's amazing what asking for a manager can do :rotfl:

We will be at Epcot tomorrow. Although I may not be there for long, I have a bug and quite a high fever. Started with a horrendous throat but has moved into my chest, so I may need to end up going to the Dr tomorrow :sad2:

So if you see us tomorrow, shout out and say "Hi", we will be with some friends from home (another diser)

Loving your live report. Each day I am quite excited to get the computer on and see what you have been up to! Makes me want to go to WDW so bad!! Great idea for the uni students working there. Do you think they would take on a 37 year old mother of 2? Hehehehe :rotfl2:

Glad you had a good day at Epcot. Love the review of Teppan Edo, we eat there in a few days so I am really looking forward to it now.

Pop sounds great! Pity the luggage took so long, it's amazing what asking for a manager can do :rotfl:

We will be at Epcot tomorrow. Although I may not be there for long, I have a bug and quite a high fever. Started with a horrendous throat but has moved into my chest, so I may need to end up going to the Dr tomorrow :sad2:

So if you see us tomorrow, shout out and say "Hi", we will be with some friends from home (another diser)

Oh luv, so sorry to hear you aren't well. It's a shame that had to happen now. Good luck with the doctor.

As for seeing you at Epcot, I am typing my updates a day behind so we are finished with Epcot now, except for Sugar Ray concert on Thursday night.

Loving your live report. Each day I am quite excited to get the computer on and see what you have been up to! Makes me want to go to WDW so bad!! Great idea for the uni students working there. Do you think they would take on a 37 year old mother of 2? Hehehehe :rotfl2:

I'm hoping they'll take a 39 year old mother of 2, I'll let you know if they take 37 year olds :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Great review

Thanks Darren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter