Showing up with one more person

sukhakuli

<font color=darkorchid>I guess I'm funny like that
We decided to add my dad, who has terminal cancer, on to the second part of our trip. I called Disney Dining today to try to add him to our reservations. We are a party of 5, and will become 6. The CM I spoke to said that it would be no problem, since most tables are for 6 anyway. but then she seemed confused because the computer wouldn't let her change any of the reservations, except for Ohana dinner and Hoop Dee Doo. Which are the two I thought we would not be able to change. :confused3

She told me to walk up with him, explain the situation, and they would "probably accommodate" us. I've read here that that never happens, though. Does it? My dad understands that he may not be able to eat meals with us, because it's a bit late to add him, but I would feel disappointed if we had to leave him while we ate, especially if we are seated at a table for 6 anyway.

I'd love to hear some experiences with this scenario. :thumbsup2

There is an outside chance they won't seat him.

I see you've seen that "that never happens" but they probably will seat him. However, there is still a chance they won't. If they won't, likely it has nothing to do with the table size, but the capacity of the restaurant for fire codes.

Keep trying to change the reservation if you want to be absolutely certain.

Also try the online reservation system and look for open reservations for your new party size.

If you can't change the reservation, have an alternate plan on what you want to do in case you show up and they won't seat all six of you.

We did this for a couple of our dinners last winter without any problems. We just showed up and told the CM about the change when we checked it. I don't think it was a problem because we did not need a larger table than the one we originally reserved.

We did this for a couple of our dinners last winter without any problems. We just showed up and told the CM about the change when we checked it. I don't think it was a problem because we did not need a larger table than the one we originally reserved.

That's pretty much what she told me. That since we will be seated at a table for 6 anyway, they will seat us anyway, but if not he could grab CS. I'd prefer we eat together, obviously.

I am very relieved that we got HDDR and Ohana dinner, though. Ohanas is his favorite, and I thought he'd miss the HDDR for sure. :cool1:

Another thing was funny, we have the pirate adventure cruise booked for the older kids, and so for the rest of the party I booked Ohana breakfast, and she was about to give me the stern talking to about double booking things until I explained what was going on, then she said that it sounded like a good idea. :rotfl:

Can one of you can give up your seat and let your dad go instead?:surfweb:
By "one of you" you are probably meaning my dh. I wouldn't ask him to do that. It's a long complicated backstory, but it just wouldn't be right.

My dad's health is failing, so he won't be making all of our ADR's, anyway. I think it will work out.

On our 2010 trip, my mom made all the ADR's, and she tried like crazy to get an ADR for Crystal Palace for the whole family. She was only able to get one for 4 people. That meant that the rest of our family went to eat at another restaurant. We were really upset b/c we wanted all 4 girls to be able to go, and with a reservation for 4, we had to include an adult in that, so one girl would have to sit out. On the day of the ADR, we went to CP and asked if our other daughter could be added, and they said it was no problem. We then had to go to the other restaurant and adjust our seating with them. It all worked out in the end.

On the downside, when we went to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (not food, I know), I was told by Disney that we could try and get my niece added to our reservation b/c she was added late to our trip. My brother rushed her there and they didn't have space for her so she had to keep her reservation for later in the day. No biggie, but I wanted to share just in case.

I would keep trying. Sometimes openings happen when you least expect it. People change their minds all the time. Like the time when I let go of my La Cellier reservation to give my husband the ADR he wanted...I am still hurting from that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter