Show off your door!!

A few from our recently completed first cruise (we changed our ears each day lol):

door1.jpg

door2.jpg

I LOVE the Mickey ears with the hats....where did you get them or how did you make them?

Thanks for sharing your awesome photos

I haven't looked through this whol thread so forgive me if someone has asked a similar question. I am looking for some Christmas themed ideas to decorate our door on the Panama Canal cruise in Dec. Anyone have anything they'd like to share?

I haven't looked through this whol thread so forgive me if someone has asked a similar question. I am looking for some Christmas themed ideas to decorate our door on the Panama Canal cruise in Dec. Anyone have anything they'd like to share?

Go look in the creative design thread - they have tons of Christmas stuff you could use to make magnets. I am not sure how much cruise Christmas stuff as I was not looking for Christmas stuff but they have all sorts of character Christmas stuff.

Can anyone recommend what brand of magnetic paper I can use to print the stateroom thing? Does it just feed into the printer?

Can anyone recommend what brand of magnetic paper I can use to print the stateroom thing? Does it just feed into the printer?
I used to use Avery, when Walmart carried it. Now it's hard to find locally, so I just print on card stock and attach magnets on the back.

Yes, the magnet sheets feed right through the printer like regular paper. Just make sure you only put one in at a time.

We used to buy the magnet paper but 4 sheets at $15 was outrageous. Yesterday I picked up 10 sheets of card stock, 10 adhesive magnets and the laminating sheets for $15. They were easy and I actually like the way they came out better. The ink on the magnet sheets smeared last time.

:dance3: Thank you so much for your advice. I have printed them out on plain paper and has laminated it. I now just to have wait for the magnetic strips to come!

I realize this is a couple of years old, but I would LOVE to have the Goofy hat and ears for my door in January!! How can I get them? Please please!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You can get a pack of five 8.5x11 Avery magnet sheets from Amazon.com for $8.38. If you're a Prime member, they ship for free!

I always upload mine as photos to a photo lab such as Walmart or Sams. It's much cheaper and they look great! You can still laminate if you want and add magnets to the back....voila!

If you have several weeks before your cruise you can even send them to Shutterfly or Snapfish and it will be even cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I print everything on photo paper and then cut them out laminate and cut them out again and put magnetic tape on the back. The lamination makes them a bit sturdier but adds more time.

I've spent hours going thru the "Cruise Magnets and Links" thread picking out graphics and personalizing them for the last two Disney Cruises and am currently working on some for my upcoming one. :)

Question:
Did anybody put wreaths on their door? (December cruise^_^) did anybody have a problem with that?

I printed everything on photo paper, laminated, and cut magnets to fit on the back. I've been making magnets for the past month or so for 4 doors. So, I have no room left on my fridge to store the magnets, lol. I can't wait for my cruise!!

If you print on magnetic paper, can you then laminate and it still have enough magnetic power to stick to the door? Or should you laminate a regular piece of paper then add magnets?

Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter