Show off your door!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by krazy4crusing, Sep 11, 2009.

1. baleeve

baleeve "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I

I LOVE the Mickey ears with the hats....where did you get them or how did you make them?

Thanks for sharing your awesome photos

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

4. socababy

socababy DIS Veteran

I haven't looked through this whol thread so forgive me if someone has asked a similar question. I am looking for some Christmas themed ideas to decorate our door on the Panama Canal cruise in Dec. Anyone have anything they'd like to share?

5. Minnie321

Minnie321 DIS Veteran

Go look in the creative design thread - they have tons of Christmas stuff you could use to make magnets. I am not sure how much cruise Christmas stuff as I was not looking for Christmas stuff but they have all sorts of character Christmas stuff.

6. Msbmommy99

Msbmommy99 Earning My Ears

[​IMG]

From Fantasyland to Fantasy 9/22/2012-9/29/2012

7. ScrappyGracie

ScrappyGracie Earning My Ears

Can anyone recommend what brand of magnetic paper I can use to print the stateroom thing? Does it just feed into the printer?

8. Zandy595

I used to use Avery, when Walmart carried it. Now it's hard to find locally, so I just print on card stock and attach magnets on the back.

Yes, the magnet sheets feed right through the printer like regular paper. Just make sure you only put one in at a time.

9. TinksMomma

TinksMomma Mouseketeer

We used to buy the magnet paper but 4 sheets at $15 was outrageous. Yesterday I picked up 10 sheets of card stock, 10 adhesive magnets and the laminating sheets for $15. They were easy and I actually like the way they came out better. The ink on the magnet sheets smeared last time.

10. ScrappyGracie

ScrappyGracie Earning My Ears

:dance3: Thank you so much for your advice. I have printed them out on plain paper and has laminated it. I now just to have wait for the magnetic strips to come!

11. goofygurlie

goofygurlie Wag and the world wags with you...Howl and they pu

I realize this is a couple of years old, but I would LOVE to have the Goofy hat and ears for my door in January!! How can I get them? Please please!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. mammacaryn

mammacaryn Don't be a JERK!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

13. wink13

wink13 Just a bit Goofy

You can find lots of cool decorations here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

14. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa DIS Veteran

You can get a pack of five 8.5x11 Avery magnet sheets from Amazon.com for $8.38. If you're a Prime member, they ship for free!

15. ValentineJulie

ValentineJulie Mouseketeer

I always upload mine as photos to a photo lab such as Walmart or Sams. It's much cheaper and they look great! You can still laminate if you want and add magnets to the back....voila!

If you have several weeks before your cruise you can even send them to Shutterfly or Snapfish and it will be even cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

16. RHreha

RHreha Earning My Ears

I print everything on photo paper and then cut them out laminate and cut them out again and put magnetic tape on the back. The lamination makes them a bit sturdier but adds more time.

I've spent hours going thru the "Cruise Magnets and Links" thread picking out graphics and personalizing them for the last two Disney Cruises and am currently working on some for my upcoming one. :)

17. jazstar87

jazstar87 <font color=<"red">According to the Tag Fairy's wa

Question:
    Did anybody put wreaths on their door? (December cruise^_^) did anybody have a problem with that?

18. Aurora l

Aurora l Earning My Ears

What a fun thread! :goodvibes

19. mikensarah83

mikensarah83 Earning My Ears

I printed everything on photo paper, laminated, and cut magnets to fit on the back. I've been making magnets for the past month or so for 4 doors. So, I have no room left on my fridge to store the magnets, lol. I can't wait for my cruise!!

20. Zandy595

21. TracyJAE

TracyJAE Mouseketeer

If you print on magnetic paper, can you then laminate and it still have enough magnetic power to stick to the door? Or should you laminate a regular piece of paper then add magnets?

Tracy