Show Me Your Hidden Disney Souvenirs

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Disneyhayes, Feb 13, 2013.

1. scooffer

scooffer Mouseketeer

OOHH!! Details please! I would love this, where in Epcot would I look?

We did the pick a pearl at DTD on my first trip with my kids:lovestruc. I let each of my boys pick a pearl, and then my husband. I ended up with matching earlings and a necklace with pearls picked from my "boys". Everytime I wear them I am reminded of the magic on that trip!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lorilais_mommie

Lorilais_mommie " They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the

They were at DTD.. In huge disney store with stitch on it.. ( the name slipped my mind) world of disney maybe?

I only saw maybe 3-4
    They only had 1 in my size!! You may have to check back a few times.. It only cost something like $35.. I think it sliver plated
    I didn't expect it to last as long as it has.. But I do love it!

4. kpmdjm

kpmdjm Mouseketeer

My daughter bought a braclet made from recycled park maps in animal kingdom.

5. Judyfun

Judyfun Mouseketeer

Pick-a-pearl. My Granddaughter and I have matching rings, so I get to think of both her and Disney everyday!:love:

6. DreamBigLiveGrand

DreamBigLiveGrand Earning My Ears

Being annual passholders, we had also have never seen the shop before. They did have this during our October 2012 trip. The cast member told us when we asked that they bring the shop put for Food and Wine as well as Flower and Garden.

7. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

Yes!! We bought bowls with cats in the bottom of them for our two cats. They have matching water and food kitty bowls from the store in Japan:goodvibes

I also bought a small crossbody purse there. I don't use it at home really but it is the perfect size to fit my camera, room keys and a few other little things without feeling weighed down all day:)

8. WhateverLolaWants

WhateverLolaWants DIS Veteran

The recycled jewelry is located in the World Showcase in what they consider Africa at a large kiosk.

9. nannyker

nannyker Earning My Ears

The huge handful of the free resort Shampoos and Conditioners!! Every time we wash my daughter's hair with it we both sniff the bottle and say "mmmm Disney....." :rotfl2::cool1::rotfl::banana:

10. T. Baker

T. Baker Earning My Ears

My favorite thing is non disney jewelry. About 25 years ago, I bought a georgeous pair of 14K gold earrings at the Contemporary. They are still my all time favorite earrings. A few years later you could not find regular jewelry.

This year I purchased a beautiful necklace at the fine art shop at the Boardwalk. I love it and can see it becoming my favorite necklace.

These things definitely remind me of Disney, but noone would ever know they came from there.

11. JasNicMadAl

JasNicMadAl Earning My Ears

My daughter stocked up on shampoo/conditioner as she uses them at summer camp. She calls them her 'disney candy.'

12. tryplm

tryplm Mouseketeer

We'll be there for F&G, so wish me luck!! Where is it located?

13. jtowntoflorida

jtowntoflorida Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney

I'll tell you one that I once saw in a post on easywdw.com and coveted, but then couldn't find in the parks. It's a ceramic coffee tumbler with the Evil Queen on it that says "Before My Morning Coffee I'm Wicked" on it. It was the #1 thing I wanted, and I looked all over for it on our trip but couldn't find it. It didn't scream Disney to me, and I thought it was hilarious. Alas, it just wasn't meant to be.

I've found them for sale online, but the prices are jacked up. :(

14. tenaseewalker

tenaseewalker Mouseketeer

Can you tell me where I can purchase the aloe and clove scent? My DH just loves the smell when you open the doors of the Beach Club.

15. goopysolelady

goopysolelady DIS Veteran

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: :tink:

16. Disneyhayes

Disneyhayes DIS Veteran

I am Swedish and named my daughter Layla. When I saw this during our first family trip I thought to myself "why didn't you go with the traditional spelling!".

I have been back and forth on the pick-a-pearl idea. Maybe I will look at it more next time.

I am usually pretty picky when it comes to my shampoo but I sure would love to be imersed into Disney each time I wash my hair :)

17. Indio

Indio DIS Veteran

I wear Laila too! Love, Love, Love it! My youngest son always tells me I smell like Epcot! My sons and I also bought those leather bracelets with our names on them at the exit of Pirates of the Carribean. I wear mine every day - my disney reminder that nobody but me and my boys know!

18. nfggirl5454

nfggirl5454 Mouseketeer

I have a necklace my sister purchased from the Coronado Springs gift shop about four years ago. It has blue, green, and brown beads that look like they're made out of thread. Since it's from CSR, it has a Spanish-y feel to it, and I often receive compliments on it. I actually just wore it yesterday.

19. Disneyhayes

Disneyhayes DIS Veteran

We have those leather bracelets too. We got our girls names on them and I wear mine almost daily! I know it's from Disney but no one else does :)

20. backpacktwang

backpacktwang Mouseketeer

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: AWESOME! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

21. YankeePrincess

YankeePrincess I love Donald Duck

I just bought a shirt at the Poly that has a picture of a Dole Whip on it. Love it!