show me your firework photos from Disney

DSC_2742-XL.jpg

This is amazing. Mind sharing what your set up was?

This is amazing. Mind sharing what your set up was?

This was shot with the Nikon D600 and the Tokina 11-16mm at 16mm. Exposure was 27 seconds f/11 with a neutral density 0.9 (3 stop) filter. The tripod was right next to the Partners statue, and the height maxed out to get over people's heads. Final image was cropped at bit, as I was preparing for the Hallowishes perimeter fireworks.

Here is the uncropped 16mm, Hallowishes finale with the perimeter fireworks. There wasn't much wind to blow the smoke away.
16mm 5.6 seconds f/11 ND0.9 (3 stop) filter
DSC_2755-XL.jpg

This was shot with the Nikon D600 and the Tokina 11-16mm at 16mm. Exposure was 27 seconds f/11 with a neutral density 0.9 (3 stop) filter. The tripod was right next to the Partners statue, and the height maxed out to get over people's heads. Final image was cropped at bit, as I was preparing for the Hallowishes perimeter fireworks.

Here is the uncropped 16mm, Hallowishes finale with the perimeter fireworks. There wasn't much wind to blow the smoke away.
DSC_2755-XL.jpg

I actually like the smoke for Hallowishes. Adds an eerie feel.

This is just a gorgeous shot. Thanks for sharing your setup!

Just curious. How tall is your tripod fully extended?

I actually like the smoke for Hallowishes. Adds an eerie feel.

This is just a gorgeous shot. Thanks for sharing your setup!

Just curious. How tall is your tripod fully extended?

Thanks for the compliments!
I'm using the Manfrotto 055CXPRO4. It extends to 5'7" tall. The head is 5 inches, and the battery grip is another 2 inches. So the lens would be just over 6 feet (~1.8 meters)

The best part is that it folds to 21.5 inches, so it fits into a locker at Magic Kingdom, although diagonally in it. At the time, it was the tallest tripod that would fit into a MK locker. Yup, I found the dimensions somewhere, then calculated the diagonal distance, and chose it for a Disney purpose. :rotfl2: I also wanted carbon fiber, so that it is light and strong.

I love the uncropped photo, too! The smoke makes the castle look so ominous, it's great!

How early did you get there to save your spot?

I love the uncropped photo, too! The smoke makes the castle look so ominous, it's great!

How early did you get there to save your spot?

Thank you!

We scoped out the spot about an hour before. My fiance sat at the spot while I headed back to the front of the park to get the tripod from the locker.

Just be aware, it is an extremely crowded area. People/kids will bump into your tripod. I carry a backpack and clip it to the bottom of the tripod, so the added weight adds a bit more stability. And so kids don't try to go under it.

Thank you!

We scoped out the spot about an hour before. My fiance sat at the spot while I headed back to the front of the park to get the tripod from the locker.

Just be aware, it is an extremely crowded area. People/kids will bump into your tripod. I carry a backpack and clip it to the bottom of the tripod, so the added weight adds a bit more stability. And so kids don't try to go under it.

Only an hour? Wow. I figured I'd be camping out for 3 hours when I go next May.

Please share how you got this shot! What lens and setup did you use? This is simply AMAZING! :worship:

Thanks Chad :thumbsup2

This was my original photo

Fireworks Friday by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

This was something I have wanted to try for a while but never got around to it. I really have no clue how to do it so thankfully Google came to the rescue lol. I stumbled onto this tutorial online and followed it step by step and what you see was the outcome. Pretty easy to do really. The hardest part is try to match up the ends so everything blends in. I was started to go thru and black out all the smoke, and it looked sharp but think the smokes adds to the picture.

http://abduzeedo.com/reader-tutorial-making-little-planets

Thanks Chad :thumbsup2

This was my original photo

Fireworks Friday by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

This was something I have wanted to try for a while but never got around to it. I really have no clue how to do it so thankfully Google came to the rescue lol. I stumbled onto this tutorial online and followed it step by step and what you see was the outcome. Pretty easy to do really. The hardest part is try to match up the ends so everything blends in. I was started to go thru and black out all the smoke, and it looked sharp but think the smokes adds to the picture.

http://abduzeedo.com/reader-tutorial-making-little-planets

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter