show me your firework photos from Disney

BCbKq02CEAAasAx.jpg:large
Very cool!

Also, Philharmagic (or as my 6 year olds' hilariously called it, "Fill up on magic") is my 2nd favorite attraction (no beating splash!), so getting that in the shot is great, as well.

Here are a few of my first attempt at fireworks pics during last week's Wishes show at Magic Kingdom. Photos were shot on a Nikon D80 from the front of the circle road right in front of the castle. Camera is on a Joby Gorillapod SLR tripod sitting atop a trash bin.

b30ba3b3ff298a5402f63d6fde9c2022.jpg

6df55c8ae84afa4e5d6632e13a414c33.jpg

ff66d34ce8ad339ac4c4534d33045aa9.jpg

1813125b1c2d77ae7f22cb3fc59c2769.jpg

89d557d9cc05fee8b3f6a9d6259d2184.jpg

Ok, i know there are no fireworks in the last one but it was just prior to the fireworks and I loved how it totally transformed the castle.

I know to use a tripod for better captures of fireworks but I have to ask to most people turn off their Image Stabilization when shooting fireworks?

I know to use a tripod for better captures of fireworks but I have to ask to most people turn off their Image Stabilization when shooting fireworks?

Yes, turn off Image Stabilization (Vibration Reduction, for Nikon). Those systems are always trying to compensate for shake. Tripod shots would appear somewhat softer with the stabilization on.

The other answer is, it depends. Newer Image Stabilization systems will detect that it is on a tripod, and stop stabilizing. Most of the time you won't know when it has turned itself off. Or, most people won't know if their stabilized lens has that feature. So, the safest thing to do it to always turn it off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter