Show me your Evening Wear!!!

Here is dh and I on formal night, 2008, 7 day cruise. Sorry, didn't have a pic handy with my teenagers in it, but they were dressed similarly...
untitled.JPG

Love this thread! We are going on a 7 day eastern cruise and I need ideas for formal night.

Hey guys,

I'm so clueless to cruising. DH and I are doing our first cruise in october and its a 7 night. How many formal nights are there? how many semi formal? I'm kind of excited to buy some new dresses :)

hehehe

Hey guys,

I'm so clueless to cruising. DH and I are doing our first cruise in october and its a 7 night. How many formal nights are there? how many semi formal? I'm kind of excited to buy some new dresses :)

hehehe

One of the exciting thing about cruises - NEW CLOTHES!!!

Anyway, on a 7 night, there is 1 formal night and 1 semi-formal. You may also want a semi-formal dress for Palo and/or Remi (Dream & Fantasy only)

Have a great cruise!!!!!

One of the exciting thing about cruises - NEW CLOTHES!!!

Anyway, on a 7 night, there is 1 formal night and 1 semi-formal. You may also want a semi-formal dress for Palo and/or Remi (Dream & Fantasy only)

Have a great cruise!!!!!

Perfect! I'm hitting up ebay for some old prom dresses HA! I'm taking full advantage of this formal night! :lmao:

This is probably a dumb question, but are there any formal nights on a 4 night cruise?

TIA :)

Laura

This is probably a dumb question, but are there any formal nights on a 4 night cruise?

Laura

Shorter cruises have an 'optional dress up' night but not exactly formal night. I'd guess most of these are from the 7 nt cruises on the Magic. (mine are!) I've never done a 4 nt so I don't know from personal experience how dressed up people get.

Perfect! I'm hitting up ebay for some old prom dresses HA! I'm taking full advantage of this formal night! :lmao:

This is where I bought all of my formals. I got them a bit large and then took them to a reliable tailor and had them altered. The red one in I'm wearing in the "Grown up Princess" photo I paid $35.00 for and about $75 for alterations.

I personally like any excuse to dress up. My DH and I have four daughters between the ages of 7 and 12 so our normal dinner out is usually Cracker Barrell - not exactly a formal wear restaurant. We don't get the chance to have "adult only" dinners out together very often so I really look forward to the cruises we take that are without our kids because I get to wear fancy dresses and see my DH all dressed up and looking so handsome every night. Even though most nights on the cruises are "cruise casual" I dress in a cocktail style dress every night and my DH wears dress slacks, a dress shirt and a tie each night to match me. On the formal and semi-formal nights I have long gowns to wear. I bargain shop all year and I am a "coupon queen" so most of my dresses only cost me around $30.00. I'm sure my DH would love to dress more casually on some of the nights but he humors me (I love that about him) because he knows how much I enjoy getting all dressed up. There are some people who will dress up each night like me, but the majority dress up only on the formal and semi-formal nights. Gook luck deciding on your dinner-wear attire for your cruise.

I have never seen the Princess night before...was that a cruise-meet type thing or was it organized by Disney? I would love to do something like that...

Great pics everyone! I think the pics from my cruises happen to be on another computer :/ On ym next cruise, I am going to be wearing a convertible dress I bought from Avon in blue! :)

I have never seen the Princess night before...was that a cruise-meet type thing or was it organized by Disney? I would love to do something like that...

Great pics everyone! I think the pics from my cruises happen to be on another computer :/ On ym next cruise, I am going to be wearing a convertible dress I bought from Avon in blue! :)

On the longer cruises, like the one in the picture, which was a Panama Canal cruise, they have a Princess Night.

Laura

There's not an official formal night, but there is one night that is semi-formal. At least my friends and I make sure we have one night where we can get fancied up, anyway!

The tiaras and added bling,were actually a meet thing. We had planned this cruise for almost 2 years and got to be pretty good long distance friends. We figured,if the little girls can get all dressed up and play princess,why not us big girls too! I was surprised at how many of the men went along with it too.
I only wish that I had more group photos . :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter