Show Me the Cupcakes!!!

Thought this would be appropriate for today...here's a St. Patrick's cupcake from the Boardwalk Bakery!

1502copy.jpg

It's chocolate with mint mousse, and that shamrock cookie/macaroon on top is SO GOOD.

IMG_4048copycopy.jpg

Boardwalk Bakery cupcakes are just amazing!

We just got back from Animal Kingdom Lodge and they also the cupcakes pictured above at Mara's!

We just got back from Animal Kingdom Lodge and they also the cupcakes pictured above at Mara's!

OH MY GOSH!! Thanks for this comment. I mis-spoke! I believe that IS where my DD saw these. She went to lunch at The Mara.

These were NOT seen at AoA. Sorry guys.
:headache:

To us, their cupcakes are beautiful, but we did not like them at all. We had a carrot cake one that 'looked' so good, but it was half pure sugar/butter frosting and half cake. All of them appear to be that way - just couldn't eat all that icing. :faint:

To us, their cupcakes are beautiful, but we did not like them at all. We had a carrot cake one that 'looked' so good, but it was half pure sugar/butter frosting and half cake. All of them appear to be that way - just couldn't eat all that icing. :faint:

I agree! I think they are so pretty to look at, but I eat one and I don't want to eat another one for the rest of our trip because they are so sweet and way too much icing! They are good, but definitely for sharing and removing half the icing! :)

My husband and I like to get one to share. They are a bit much, otherwise.

Sent from my awesome iPad using DISBoards

Yes, the Disney cupcakes are heavy on icing and very sweet. Exactly why I like them!!! :rotfl2:

On a side note, we wanted to get a takeout cupcake from Starring Rolls two weeks ago (the Butterfinger is incredible), but they had no take out containers at all. No plastic, no boxes, nothing. Very disappointing. We've gotten take out many times in the past. Hopefully we just caught them at a bad time. (It was fairly early in the day, too.)

Has anyone ever gotten cupcakes to go from Be Our Guest during the day? DS9 is allergic to nuts and those are the only nut free cupcakes in the parks. Would love to bring some back to the villa on our first MK day and freeze a few so he could have one each day for several days.

The cupcakes at BoG are amazing. They are small (too small to share-get your own!), but sooo good! They seem like they may be served a bit chilled and I think the frosting is made with real dairy ingredients, so I would not carry them around without refrigeration for very long. I can take or leave the others-they are tempting when you see them, but I've tried enough of them to know that pretty frosting is just grease and sugar-not true buttercream.

The cupcakes at BoG are amazing. They are small (too small to share-get your own!), but sooo good! They seem like they may be served a bit chilled and I think the frosting is made with real dairy ingredients, so I would not carry them around without refrigeration for very long. I can take or leave the others-they are tempting when you see them, but I've tried enough of them to know that pretty frosting is just grease and sugar-not true buttercream.
Mmm, they sound delicious! It's better they're small since they'll just be for DS9. DS7 could get something at boardwalk bakery with me and DH, and ds9 could eat his BoG cupcake. We like to take them back to the villa and enjoy them! The plan was to go to BoG as the last stop before leaving the park, and then go straight to the bus back to BWV. So they would only be out for the trip back to the resort. I figured a 2pm FP+ would be good since that's when we usually leave the park between 1 and 2 anyway. Also, what are your favorite cupcake flavors at BoG? My guess is he would enjoy the one with the grey stuff and the strawberry one the most, possibly the chocolate one. Definitely not the lemon, as he's not a fan.

Lemon is the only one I haven't tried----yet! "The Master's Cupcake" is the one with the grey stuff. It's yummy, chocolate cake with very mild chocolate frosting (some say its cookies & cream, but mine was solid grey...no cookie-like speckle). The strawberry is my favorite. Real strawberry flavor-not fake, chemical taste. The chocolate just may be shareable--it is SO rich, but absolutely delicious.

Lemon is the only one I haven't tried----yet! "The Master's Cupcake" is the one with the grey stuff. It's yummy, chocolate cake with very mild chocolate frosting (some say its cookies & cream, but mine was solid grey...no cookie-like speckle). The strawberry is my favorite. Real strawberry flavor-not fake, chemical taste. The chocolate just may be shareable--it is SO rich, but absolutely delicious.

They all sound yummy! It willed worth the trip to get some of them for him.

Do they have the grey stuff cupcake at dinner too, or is it on a brownie instead? I've seen pics of both styles.

Has anyone ever gotten cupcakes to go from Be Our Guest during the day? DS9 is allergic to nuts and those are the only nut free cupcakes in the parks. Would love to bring some back to the villa on our first MK day and freeze a few so he could have one each day for several days.

Yes, they have takeout containers for the cupcakes. I prefer the strawberry but DDs prefer the Master's cupcake.

Our Master's Cupcake two weeks ago was like yours. The gray stuff was almost like a light chocolate mousse. The cake itself was insanely moist, like baked an hour ago moist, and so much so that once we took the wrapper off, the cupcake basically collapsed under the weight of the frosting. Don't take this wrong, those were all GOOD things. It was a friggin good cupcake. :thumbsup2

Just returned home from WDW on Sunday and I enjoyed a blueberry cupcake with lemon cream cheese frosting at Pizza Planet at HS. It was not on the menu but the family before were changing their dessert order and I overheard them after I had ordered so I changed mine too. Glad I did. It was very tasty. :)

1. Does anyone have a picture of this?
2. Are they still around?! Arrival day is next Friday and I would LOVE to track one of these down!!

1. Does anyone have a picture of this?
2. Are they still around?! Arrival day is next Friday and I would LOVE to track one of these down!!

I had this lemon blueberry cupcake at the Boardwalk Bakery in March.

I try not to be too negative here on the Dis, but I have to say... it was disgusting. I took about two bites and threw it out. I have a cupcake a day at Disney World, and I think this was the worst I've had in three trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter