• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Show Me the Cupcakes!!!

I was actually thinking of skipping HS on our next trip....now I'm not so sure. May have to make a trip over just to get a Butterfinger cupcake! :love:

We'll be staying at our DVC home, BWV...and I will have an AP. I will probably boat it over to DHS every day! :laughing:

I'm prepared with 4 Cup-A-Cake containers and 2 Tupperware Cupcake containers...LOL My husband has threatened to have me committed but we always have leftover cupcakes and then 20-30 minutes after we leave the bakery we regret throwing our leftovers away LOL I saw the Cupcake containers with the little prongs inside that hold the cupcake in place and they snap closed.....figured it would be PERFECT for storing a leftover cupcake or two in our bags without making a mess and without having to shove it in a ziplock.

if you buy your cupcakes (and yes, they ahve the same cupcakes as they sell at starring rolls) at disney quest they pack them in these type of containers. last trip i bought a cupcake at staring rolls and they packed it in a chinese take out box type container. i wanted to take it home with me the next day to dh. that evening i stopped at disney quest and bought the same cupcake in the cupcake container to take home to dh. brought them both home but the one in the cupcake container made it the best. it was pretty much perfect when i got it home and i flew. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Heck, cupcakes is one major reason for buying PH!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

And they are also a great reason for staying at BWV! I was looking at some of the pics of the cupcakes from Boardwalk Bakery...I may not need to go to DHS any extra times...we're already going there twice on next summer's trip! My niece will be with us one of the days (she'll be 11 by then)...she is obsessed with cupcakes, even cupcake jewelry! :cutie: I told her about this thread, and the various types of cupcakes at WDW...I will have to make sure to bring her to Starring Rolls. And...she and her sister, my sister and my parents are all staying at the Dolphin, so we will also have to make sure to get to Boardwalk Bakery together and get some cupcakes! I told her she is my cupcake buddy! :goodvibes

Those are the most awesome examples of food photography my eyes have ever encountered! :worship:

Can't wait to try one of those "calorie free" :rolleyes1 treats next Easter. :yay:

Thank you!!

I now examples of each of these have been posted before but I thought I would post my versions. Never can have enough cupcakes now can we. :rotfl2:

Butterfingers-Starring Rolls
WDW-Aug-10-am-200-of-644-L.jpg

WDW-Aug-10-am-210-of-644-L.jpg

Red Velvet-Starring Rolls
WDW-Aug-10-am-201-of-644-L.jpg

WDW-Aug-10-am-212-of-644-L.jpg

Chocolate Peanut Butter-Starring Rolls
WDW-Aug-10-am-206-of-644-L.jpg

WDW-Aug-10-am-217-of-644-L.jpg

Carrot Cake-Roaring Fork WL
WDW-Cupcakes-4-of-22-L.jpg

WDW-Cupcakes-19-of-22-L.jpg

So many cupcakes...so little snack credits :sick:

and next year will be tougher when they take away a snack credit from QSDP - guess we'll be eating more sandwiches at Starring Rolls to get cupcakes as dessert! Funny how much better they taste as a credit rather than paying $3.95 plus tax.:confused3

Thank you!!

I now examples of each of these have been posted before but I thought I would post my versions. Never can have enough cupcakes now can we. :rotfl2:
[/IMG]

Drool, slobber, yummmmmmm. All my favorites in one post - wicked!

Many more yummy things to write down on my list of yummy things to try on our trip next year...

Drool...
Drool...
Drool...

What's on the outside of the red velvet cupcakes? My husband says they look like some sort of nut but I wasn't sure about that.

What's on the outside of the red velvet cupcakes? My husband says they look like some sort of nut but I wasn't sure about that.

chocolate toffee bits.......like a crushed up heath bar. YUM!!!! :cloud9: My favorite but have to get there early, try to be there before 2 csince they run out and then you have to dream about them all night:sad2:

I'm prepared with 4 Cup-A-Cake containers and 2 Tupperware Cupcake containers...LOL My husband has threatened to have me committed but we always have leftover cupcakes and then 20-30 minutes after we leave the bakery we regret throwing our leftovers away LOL I saw the Cupcake containers with the little prongs inside that hold the cupcake in place and they snap closed.....figured it would be PERFECT for storing a leftover cupcake or two in our bags without making a mess and without having to shove it in a ziplock.

what a great idea, putting cupcakes in a ziplock is way to messy. Where did you find the wonderful find?

I looked those containers up on Amazon. The size that they are listed under seems a bit too small for the cupcakes at Starring Rolls. Can you get them in different sizes somewhere else? I think it said they were like 2 1/2" by 2 3/4". My starring rolls cupcake was probably 4" high. (I think at least)

OMG....Thank you so much for posting this. Never heard of a Cup-A-Cake but now I will be on the hunt! Where do they sell them?

You can find them on Amazon or you can buy them directly from Cup-A-Cake http://cupacake.com/shop.asp and they take Paypal so that was nice. They have a 4 pack special on their ordering page, all light blue, for 7.99 plus shipping, 5.80. They also have other colors and sets, as long as you keep it under 9.99 the shipping stays the same. They shipped pretty quickly and I liked them better than the Range Kleen ones that open from the top (hard to get a cupcake out from the top without getting icing everywhere LOL). The tupperware ones I got from eBay....they are discontinued or something I think? They are cute...but I may have to cut (aka: eat) some of the icing off the top of the larger cupcakes to get them to fit.

Can't wait to pull out a cupcake at a parade or after lunch and have my husband tell me how crazy I am then....yea, well you can't have a bit of my leftover cupcake LOL

I looked those containers up on Amazon. The size that they are listed under seems a bit too small for the cupcakes at Starring Rolls. Can you get them in different sizes somewhere else? I think it said they were like 2 1/2" by 2 3/4". My starring rolls cupcake was probably 4" high. (I think at least)

Okay, my thinking was this. I usually eat more icing than cake....if the icing is good, if not it gets scraped off and tossed. Anyhow....I figured that by the time I got 1/2 the cupcake eaten it would be the right height.....if not, I'll nibble just a bit more, you know.....all for the sake of fitting it in the cupcake holder LOL

The Tupperware ones I got look like this and I think they are 3 1/2 tall?
51lM-1sIZ2L.jpg

I suppose if you were going to take a whole cupcake....you'd definitely need to ask the Starring Rolls CM for one of the dome cupcake holders...but my planning doesn't include many whole cupcakes leftover LOL

If you have a Dollar Tree store close to you, I got cupcake holders there
(they look like the ones shown above except they are little larger and they are colored see thru plastic). They were $1 each.

I just trawled through 22 pages of Disney Cupcakes... I am sooooo craving one right now!! The Red Velvet ones really are fantastic! :lovestruc

If you have a Dollar Tree store close to you, I got cupcake holders there
(they look like the ones shown above except they are little larger and they are colored see thru plastic). They were $1 each.

Can you tell me more about these? Do they have the prongs inside to keep them stable? And do they hing open from the side or the top?

Thanks....we have a GiGi's and 2 other specialty cupcake stores locally so we can never have enough cupcake holders LOL

Can you tell me more about these? Do they have the prongs inside to keep them stable? And do they hing open from the side or the top?

Thanks....we have a GiGi's and 2 other specialty cupcake stores locally so we can never have enough cupcake holders LOL

Sure:thumbsup2

They look alot like the one pictured above. They are shaped like a cupcake. I got a blue one and a pink one, they are a hard see thru plastic with glitter in the plastic. They open from the side and they have the prongs inside them.
I bought them for my daughter, her and her fiance' LOVE cupcakes and they were going to use cupcakes as a prop in their engagement pictures so I bought these for them to carry their cupcakes to the location that they were going to have their pictures made. The cupcakes were larger than a cupcake that you would make at home and the icing was piled high (we wanted to make sure they were seen in the pictures :rotfl:) and they fit perfect. I bought them mid May but I would think they would carry them through the summer.
Do you have a local Dollar Tree??? (everything in the store is $1)
I looked at dollartree.com and didn't see the cupcake holders:sad2:
They only offer certain things on line. I am sooo sorry.
I did see some cupcake holders several months ago in the $1 section of Target but they were smaller and opened from the top, they were the hard plastic but I needed something bigger to hold our cupcakes. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter