• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Show me the bag(s) you use in the parks and why you like them

Glad this was asked because I've been wondering what bag to being for my family. But I have a stupid spin-off question...what will I do with a larger bag or backpack while on a ride? (Yes, it's my first time! )

Depends will you have a stroller, Most people leave non important money related things in the strollers.

If not some rides cast members/ cm (thats what we call people that work at disney) will ask you to leave it on the platform in a cubby, before riding. Just put all your money related stuff on your person.

If it's warm out and I only need to carry my stuff I use a Vera Bradley Hipster.
image.jpg2_zpswgi2yn03.jpg

If we have jackets or if DH wants to add to the pile we use an LLBean backpack.
image.jpg3_zpsxqg16vu4.jpg

I often bring a lunch or snack and have two sizes of these lunch bags. The smaller one fits in my Vera Bradley bag.
Packit Freezable Lunch Bag
image.jpg1_zpsv92uyp6r.jpg

This is mine...

150125_2_1

It's smaller than a regular backpack, so I can't collect junk throughout the day. Big enough for my water bottle, ponchos, wallet, sunscreen.

We go with one regular sized backpack for our family of 6. Usually my husband wears it and I don't carry an extra bag. We have taken it on every ride we've gone on as a whole family and placed it between our feet with no problems.

During the summer we do not use a plastic bag due to it not circulating any air but we use a small mesh backpack.

We have an 11yo, 4yo and 2.5yo. No more diapers, thankfully! We were at WDW for spring break. Still used our double stroller. For my purse, I bought one of the disney Vera Bradley hipsters. Loved it! Perfect size to hold my camera, wallet, autograph books, phone, and any random stuff I needed. I could wear it crossbody to be hands free, or I could adjust the strap and just wear it on one shoulder. And it was small enough to not get in the way on rides.

I also used a small tote bag to carry bottled water, a change of clothes, the kids' light up toys, sunscreen, etc. to/from the parks. I just stuck that bag in the bottom of the stroller once we got into the parks. I left that bag in the stroller when we went on rides, went into restaurants, etc. I'm not a backpack person so this worked well for us. Gonna miss that stroller when the kids outgrow it!

We have a three year old and a six year old. We also use a stroller with them right now. We take two bags into the parks. One is this patagonia: http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/atom-sling-bag?p=48260-0

48260_FEA.fpx

I bought it at REI on sale for $28. You can usually find a variety of these types of bags on sale there or on amazon. I like it because it is small, has zippers for closure and my phone fits well enough to be secure in the front pocket. I keep my wallet, a pull-up and a small baggie of wipes in it as well as any other items that I need to have handy for the day. This bag fits in the mesh compartments of all the rides or is small enough and can easily wrapped around my legs and cinched on rides to keep it secure.

And then we carry this a kids backpack like this in the stroller only.

It is filled with extra clothes for each kid (as small and light as we can make them), small first aid kit, some extra baggies, another baggie of wipes, extra pull-ups (hopefully unnecessary on our next trip!), small snacks and two water bottles. We use a kids bag because they are small to carry around if we need to pull it for some reason and keep it with us.

There are no cubbies at the rides to leave your stuff in (that's at Universal). At Disney, you take everything with you, except at Kali River Rapids there are some free lockers you can use to keep your stuff dry. They run so many ride vehicles at WDW and often you get on and disembark at different points - there is no way for you to leave your stuff at the platform.

We just put our stuff at our feet on the ride. We travel light - I wear a Dooney cross-body letter-carrier bag (very small - holds my phone, sunglasses, coin purse, P&S camera). My husband and I take turns carrying a string bag with autograph book, portable phone charger, a couple of water bottles.

I use a Disney World fanny pack I've had for approx. 20 years...LOL! Sometimes I carry a Vera B. mini-hipster. No kids, so only carry iPhone, some cash and a credit card.

On long days, we just carried a regular backpack that had some snacks and water bottles, medicine I needed, other odds and ends. (We are strollerless.) We kept our wallets and DSLR in there as well. (I prefer to take my own pictures instead of Memory Maker.)

On days we didn't need as many provisions, and on one rainy day, I carried this purse which is a cross-body style that lays somewhat flat against your body.
1556670_Khaki_Bronze

I would just keep the bare minimum in it, and because it was so light and has such as a small footprint, I didn't have to take it off for any rides. We had pretty much all our souvenirs delivered to our room from the stores we brought them in unless they were small.
Can you tell me what brand this is or where you got it, I love this. Thanks

For those of you that were asking, it's a Dana Buchman from Kohl's. Here's the link
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1556670/dana-buchman-christina-crossbody-bag.jsp

I have never in my life even considered a VB bag because, well I never knew they had smaller bags with Mickey/Minnie on them. All I've ever seen "out on the street", so to speak, are big huge brightly colored bags covered in flowers :flower1: which I wasn't fond of. I normally carry very little on a daily basis so use smaller soft fabric crossbody bags.
BUT this bag....I LOVE:love: it and now must have it.
7501055880010-1.jpg
Do they have other Disney patterns as well?? Wait, what am I saying.....Did I just drink the VB kool-aid without even knowing it??? :drinking1This is bad, I haven't even purchased my first VB yet and now must have all of the Disney print bags they make.

Please direct me to the nearest VB support group, I have a feeling I'll be needing. :crazy2:

As far as the OP, this is what I carry. It's a Lily Bloom with a dark gray strap and is a different pattern then the pic attach (less flowerdy) Got it at Kohls. It fits everything I need in the parks, can wipe it clean, lays flat against my side and is lightweight. I can also tighten up the strap and put it around my waist if I don't want to carry crossbody or on my shoulder.
2055156_Floral_Fantasy.jpg
Now I'm off to search VB bags online ::yes:: thanks for feeding my Disney obsession.[/QUOTE]

Glad this was asked because I've been wondering what bag to being for my family. But I have a stupid spin-off question...what will I do with a larger bag or backpack while on a ride? (Yes, it's my first time! )
Some roller coaster type rides will have an area for you to "stow" your bag, other rides you will just be able to hold them, and some (like Soarin) you can just leave at the start and pick up when you are finished. :)

Dakine Grom. Aside from the main compartment, it has side mesh pockets to hold a water bottle (or 2), a small felt lined pocket up top for sunglasses, and a little zippered pocket up front. It's a bit smaller than a regular school backpack, but big enough to carry the essentials.

514xXmujc%2BL.jpg

We have a three year old and a six year old. We also use a stroller with them right now. We take two bags into the parks. One is this patagonia: http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/atom-sling-bag?p=48260-0

48260_FEA.fpx

I bought it at REI on sale for $28. You can usually find a variety of these types of bags on sale there or on amazon. I like it because it is small, has zippers for closure and my phone fits well enough to be secure in the front pocket. I keep my wallet, a pull-up and a small baggie of wipes in it as well as any other items that I need to have handy for the day. This bag fits in the mesh compartments of all the rides or is small enough and can easily wrapped around my legs and cinched on rides to keep it secure.
I have one of these and love it. It's small and light, water-resistant, and is comfortable to carry all day. I can clip my hat to the outside, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter