Show me the bag(s) you use in the parks and why you like them

The Disney LeSportsac bags are great...durable and so cute!

Attachments

• lesportsac_tink.jpg
    lesportsac_tink.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 68
My everyday purse is like this and I love it! But the times I've carried my camera in it my shoulder starts to hurt after a while, so I'm a bit worried about that.
My everyday purse has two straps with the option of shoulder or crossbows too (love the option), and I agree it can get painful. My normal purse is quite heavy! Any day we had the camera, we had a backpack and I had no purse.

I see a lot of women bags being posted. Figured I would throw mine in the mix since its not always the women being the gear carriers.

I use a maxpedition naotak gearslinger with a camelback pouch. Its smaller in size but holds everything I need and more. Its an over one shoulder bag with a single snap up front to lock it into position. It can be easily and quickly be rotated to the front for easy access to everything inside without removing from your body. Its also nice to be able to rotate pack to front to sit down and not have the pack on your backrest for a quick seat or on a bus.

Last edited:
My husband carries the backpack with cooling towels, changes of clothes for our son, autograph books, ponchos, etc. I just carry my DSL camera bag, which has a little room for ID, money, and a few necessities with a clip on hand sanitizer. It's not especially cute, but I want my camera to be protected and easy to carry. And I don't want to bother with an additional bag. Making sure dh doesn't forget the backpack is chore enough!

I usually carry very little - id, a little cash, sunglasses, wet wipes, phone, a small camera (my phone is a flip and does not even have a camera :o) and a couple of little snack for DD (gummies, small cookie pack) - so I carry something like this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFQ2IM6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do love bags and just got a new one I thought would be a good carry on, but it is actually more of a park-sized bag. I don't think I could cram all my carry on "necessities" :rolleyes: in it. So I am thinking of taking this one a couple of days since it would fit an extra tee for AK day (that Kali bucket of water always finds DD) and a light hoodie for when we are out late (doing the 24 hour day this year!). Love all of the pockets - it even has a mesh pocket that holds a water bottle inside the bag! I got the Coffee Bean color and it is super nice, the strap is comfortable and has a cute design on it -
http://www.amazon.com/Keen-Brooklyn...8&qid=1429290161&sr=8-5&keywords=brooklyn+bag

I carry a Mulan backpack I got at the Disney Store sooo many years ago. It was really for school-aged kids. :o It even has an umbrella attached, which comes in very useful when I'm in the hot sun or rain. One year at Epcot, I waited in line to see Mulan and she signed it! It always gets comments.

overl564873_287168_jb.jpg

I use this bag - but in a different color. Small, but holds a lot of stuff. Also doesn't hurt to get it a little wet.

I am taking this messenger bag for my DSLR camera and lenses.

http://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-NG...d_sim_a_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZRDKRB1A4Y2S1VZG517

For our stroller stuff, I keep it all in a few gallon ziplock bags. One for changes of clothes, one for sunscreen, one for autograph books and penny books, one for snacks. Then I have a fold-able tote bag. For security they just look at the few ziplocks and wave it all through. Then to get on busses I have the tote to toss the ziplocks in.

This way I am the only one held up as they check my camera stuff, and DH, the kids, and the stroller go ahead of me.

Sometimes I carry a clear plastic backpack I got at Walmart
51TWeMh5iYL.jpg

Or I carry a messenger bag I got at AK years ago
images

Or I carry one of my many D&B Disney crossbody bags that are this style
1_028ae5e505626cb95541788517ebb04a.jpg

I carry a messenger bag like this http://www.lydc.co.uk/products/Aztec-Print-Messenger-Bag-by-Anna-Smith-in-Cream.html

I like it as all the things I carry can be kept separate, one of the front pouches holds my poncho and if it gets wet doesnt touch anything else, the other has my hand gel and water flavoring. The main compartment can fit my water camera and everything else and the back zip holds my phone for easy access. And the side pocket is nicely holds my lip balm

I use a Baggalini http://www.baggallini.com/best-sellers/messenger-bagg/MES160-BG.html#start=5

BUT I am going to go bagless during our next trip as long as there's not rain in the forecast. I get so tired of waiting in the bag check lines while the rest of my family waits for me, and really, there are many days where the only things I get out of my bag are small things that I could carry in my pockets, like my phone and hand sanitizer. It's hard to believe a few years ago I was freaked out about not taking a stroller and having a big enough bag to carry all of the things I wanted to take, and now I'm thinking of downsizing even further!

On long days, we just carried a regular backpack that had some snacks and water bottles, medicine I needed, other odds and ends. (We are strollerless.) We kept our wallets and DSLR in there as well. (I prefer to take my own pictures instead of Memory Maker.)

On days we didn't need as many provisions, and on one rainy day, I carried this purse which is a cross-body style that lays somewhat flat against your body.
1556670_Khaki_Bronze

I would just keep the bare minimum in it, and because it was so light and has such as a small footprint, I didn't have to take it off for any rides. We had pretty much all our souvenirs delivered to our room from the stores we brought them in unless they were small.

Can you tell me what brand this is or where you got it, I love this. Thanks

I use this small backpack from lug, I love it. Very lightweight, comfortable to wear. It has a drink holder on the side for easy access to my water and a zip pouch on the back side for your phone so it's easy to access without having to open the main part of the bag.

media.nl

The bag I got (have not used yet) is actually a special today on 1sale. It is water resistant/foldable/lightweight. It comes in many colors, I got blue so that my children will be comfortable carrying it as well!

I used a small, orange (nylon, so it easily wipes clean) Dooney & Bourke crossbody, and we kept a nylon Columbia diaper bag with insulated compartments (for water) in the bottom of our double stroller. Perfect....

upload_2015-4-17_15-2-54.png

upload_2015-4-17_15-36-55.png
I use bags like this for two reasons:
1) they are cooler in the summer
2)The bag check people can see right in. Most times they don't ask you to open it. It gets me into the park faster, and that makes me happy!

overl564873_287168_jb.jpg

I use this bag - but in a different color. Small, but holds a lot of stuff. Also doesn't hurt to get it a little wet.

I use this too. It is the Overland Bayliss. It is perfect for Universal too , because you can put it around your waist when you go on the rides that don't allow bags. When my boys were younger I used the Overland Donner. It is bigger and has two side pouches, great for holding water or sippie cups.

My husband carries an llbean back pack with drinks, snacks, wipes, etc etc. I carry a baggalini that I wear across my body that fits my cards, cash and phone.

We usually carry a single backpack for our family of 4. Last trip, we used a light blue backpack and had all the characters sign it. One of the best souvenirs we've had and the only 'extra' we had to carry around was fabric pens!

Glad this was asked because I've been wondering what bag to being for my family. But I have a stupid spin-off question...what will I do with a larger bag or backpack while on a ride? (Yes, it's my first time! )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter