Shout out to all the Dissers from PA!!

Disneymom77

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I'm fairly new here on the Dis and just wondered who else on here is from PA?:) I know you're out there!!:thumbsup2

Hello! If you all are familiar with Reading area, we live about 40 min north of there. Have you ever driven to WDW? We have always flown, but the thought of saving some $ by driving is tempting! Thanks for saying HI! YAY Phillies!:cool1:

We're from Philadelphia suburbs! We always play around with the idea of driving or taking the train, but have never actually done it!!!!

Hello! If you all are familiar with Reading area, we live about 40 min north of there. Have you ever driven to WDW? We have always flown, but the thought of saving some $ by driving is tempting! Thanks for saying HI! YAY Phillies!:cool1:

WE have driven from Philly both with and without DS. Of course with DS it was alot easier, no need to stop as much. With DS what we did the 3 times we drove with him was to get him bathed and into his pj's and leave at bedtime. He would fall asleep in the car and sleep until it was time to stop for breakfast (usually in Georgia). We would hit WDW right around lunch time:thumbsup2

We're from Philadelphia suburbs! We always play around with the idea of driving or taking the train, but have never actually done it!!!!

I have a friends that did this and they said they would never do it again. They said it seemed like, even though it was roughly the same amopunt of time as driving, that it took longer because you couldn't get out into fresh air and stretch your legs.

WE have driven from Philly both with and without DS. Of course with DS it was alot easier, no need to stop as much. With DS what we did the 3 times we drove with him was to get him bathed and into his pj's and leave at bedtime. He would fall asleep in the car and sleep until it was time to stop for breakfast (usually in Georgia). We would hit WDW right around lunch time:thumbsup2

I have a friends that did this and they said they would never do it again. They said it seemed like, even though it was roughly the same amopunt of time as driving, that it took longer because you couldn't get out into fresh air and stretch your legs.

I'm sure driving without the kiddies is much easier/faster! We've made long car trips in the past, just not as far as Disney. With 2 DD's, I can only imagine the amount of bathroom breaks we'd be taking!:rolleyes1

I'm sure driving without the kiddies is much easier/faster! We've made long car trips in the past, just not as far as Disney. With 2 DD's, I can only imagine the amount of bathroom breaks we'd be taking!:rolleyes1

Once DS was potty trained we started flying:rolleyes1

Hi everyone!! I'm from Delaware County. My DH suggested driving when we first started planning, but once we discussed the details of driving with DD who will be 2 he quickly changed his mind :thumbsup2

Once DS was potty trained we started flying:rolleyes1

I totally know what you're talking about!;) I can't tell you how many times we have to stop for my DD( 6) to pee when we're on our way to somewhere fun. Our DD (3) is much better about potty breaks:confused3 It seems the more excited DD(6) gets the more she has to pee!:rotfl:

Hi everyone!! I'm from Delaware County. My DH suggested driving when we first started planning, but once we discussed the details of driving with DD who will be 2 he quickly changed his mind :thumbsup2

It's so much easier to take long trips while they are still in diapers! Sometimes I'm tempted to put one of those Goodnights on my DD(6) so we can just keep going!:rotfl2:

Hi all - I am from State College PA.

Hello to Happy Valley!! Well, not so Happy Valley after Saturday I guess.:sad2: My DH and I are Penn State fans and have been to some football games over the years.:thumbsup2 My DH graduated from Penn State in 1999. Thanks for saying Hello!

Hello All!

We too are from PA we are in Lancaster County-but right near Berks county as well.

We are leaving for Disney in a few weeks and are driving. Out of the 3 past times we only flew once (the first time)

We don't mind it at all. We are not opposed to flying- it's just cheaper to drive. We have 2 girls- 4 and 10. They both are VERY good in the car, so that helps us alot!!!

Hello All!

We too are from PA we are in Lancaster County-but right near Berks county as well.

We are leaving for Disney in a few weeks and are driving. Out of the 3 past times we only flew once (the first time)

We don't mind it at all. We are not opposed to flying- it's just cheaper to drive. We have 2 girls- 4 and 10. They both are VERY good in the car, so that helps us alot!!!

Hi 1princessand1pirate! Lancaster county is so beautiful! I know how to pronounce it the correct way!:laughing: Have a great trip in a few weeks. I'm at the very beginning stages of planning our next one. :thumbsup2 Thanks for saying hello!

HI ALL!!!

I live in PA about 30 min North of Johnstown (cambria county). We fly if my son's not going. If he comes along, we take the Auto Train out of Lorton VA. It's alot cheaper than flying (and we have our car down there w/o paying for a rental or putting a million miles on it)!!

I'm excited to find some more PA DISsers!!

Paula

Hello all! I'm from Horsham. (Montgomery County) We have always flown. However, this year, due to the gas price rise, the flight prices went way up, too.

Since we are heading down Christmas week :santa: , we have not been able to find a decent price for flights. ugh. We will be taking the train for the first time. :thumbsup2 We are actually kinda excited about it -- thinking of it as an adventure! It does take about the same amount of time (a little bit shorter) than driving, but at least you don't have to put the miles on your car, and you can get up, walk around, play games and not get "worn out" from the drive. We can also bring a little more luggage!! And the luggage is free! No paying "per bag". Woo hoo!

Hello! Thanks for posting:) Where does the train leave from? I think it sounds like fun. Does it go right to Orlando? :confused3 I've never looked into traveling that way.:idea: I'll have to look into it further!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter