Should we eat breakfast with spiderman?

Karinmrh

Earning My Ears
I have been planning and overplanning Disney with no thought to Universal! Should we eat breakfast with Spidey? :cool1:
Karin, mom to Matthew, 8 and Anja, 11

If you have any sons who are really into Spiderman, go for it. Other than that, I found it just OK. There are only 4 characters (Spidey, Cat in the Hat & thing 1 & thing 2) but the interaction is great (especially spidey). The food is just OK. Normal breakfast fare, nothing special.

Go for it! We went last year for the last breakfast seating of the day..we were almost the only people in the restaurant. LOTS of interaction with the characters...each one came by at least 3 or 4 times with Thing 1 and Thing 2 sitting with my son and playing for almost 15 minutes..spidey spent a good 15 minutes with Matt.

Been trying to book this breakfast we go in 4 weeks got told we could only book 2 weeks ahead of when we wanted to go but slightly concerned we will be unlucky .. Anybody got any tips??

DizzyErin said:
Been trying to book this breakfast we go in 4 weeks got told we could only book 2 weeks ahead of when we wanted to go but slightly concerned we will be unlucky .. Anybody got any tips??

Call 407-224-4012 for reservations. You should not have a problem making a reservation now. When I called they were taking reservations over a month out. They offer this breakfast from Thurs-Sunday you shouldnt have a problem getting in.

This breakfast has become a tradition for us - and we don't have small children. Not sure who the current characters are there, but in the past we've seen The Grinch, The Cat in the Hat, Olive Oyl, Woody Woodpecker, Spiderman (of course), and Dr. Doom (great pics of DH with Dr. Doom!) at breakfast here. It has never been crowded when we've been there. Great character interaction and lots of opportunities for pictures.

Hi there! :wave2:

I'm new to the US section of the boards. But I am planning on a surprise two day trip to US/IOA for my DF who is a BIG Spidey freak.

I think he would get a kick out of brekkie with Spidey and maybe even Dr. Doom. But can someone fill me on where this happens?!?

thanks!

you could have breakfast with spiderman, but I've heard all he eats is bugs

:rotfl2:

Hi am visting Universal for the first time in October and wondered what this eating with Spiderman is all about????

My son would be so excited if we could eat with Spiderman...can anyone tell me what resturant this is held at? Price? Times etc so I be prepared!!!

Thanks

We went in 2004 and had a GREAT time. The interaction with the characters was GREAT!! The characters spend MUCh more time with you than the characters at Disney (we have done all of those too). We talked with Spidey and Wolverine for a long time. Wolverine told us that the girls were at an age where their superpowers might start to show :teeth: and Spidey took a picture of all of us with Wolverine. Spidey said that he did a little photography on the side :lmao: . The food was nothing to write home about, but was ok. I have posted pictures before on this site. Maybe do a search and find them. I have to run to work or I would repost them.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Spidey jumped on the back of my chair and we have a great picture of him doing the Spidey web sign behind me!!

Maggie

The breakfast is held at Confisco Grill just inside IOA. We had a wonderful time! Here is the info from the website:

Don’t Miss the Character Breakfast at Islands Of Adventure!

Breakfast is not just the most important meal of the day…now it’s the most fun!

Bring the whole family and enjoy breakfast with Spider-Man™ and The Cat in the Hat™ at Islands of Adventure’s Confisco Grille®, each Thursday through Sunday morning from park opening to 10:30 a.m.

The breakfast is $15.95 for Adults and $9.95 for children, plus tax and gratuity. Call 407-224-4012 for reservations.​

Breakfast drinks such as OJ etc are not included, & a small glass of OJ is something like $2.50. Soda/Pop is included with the price of breakfast. :confused3

I may be prejudice, but the experience at Confisco's character breakfast far surpasses anything Disney offers. I had the pleasure to be the manager at this establishment for close to two years,working many a breakfast shift (anyone remember when we went 7 days a week?). The food is good,but the character interaction is second to none. Spidey spends lots of time with everyone, and has been known to feed a baby or two. The real gauge of just how good the CB was is my 5 year old son asks me daily when I'm going to back to work at IOA so he can eat with Spidey!

I agree. We have done this breakfast and love it. I felt that I got more than my money's worth. But we booked it for the character interaction and the food was a bonus. Basic fare, but Spidey spent about 10 minutes with our son taking pictures, talking, signing his autograph book and then came back after he made all his rounds. Same with Cat, Grinch, Rogue and Thing 1 and 2.

Lots of fun!

We went last year and loved it! Although I think my now 2 year old is still sulking about it cause Thing 1 'stole' her juice. :lmao:

See?
UniversalThingDrink.jpg

My fiancee and I tried this breakfast last year for the first time. We realized that we got a discount with the annual passes so we decided to go for it. It was great, like everyone else has said, the breakfast is ur regular meal but the character interaction is so much fun. Thing 1 and 2 took my sunglasses and took a picture with them on, and they did a whole bunch of other fun tricks, spidey was great he interacted with us for like 10-15 min and kept on coming back, in fact, all of them kept on coming back. We don't have any children and its just two of us adults in our 20's and we found it to be super fun. We will for sure be making this a tradition, now, everytime we go. :thumbsup2 :banana: :cool1: :cheer2: We have to wait till Oct. 22 and Nov. 11. but it'll be here in no time, we hope. :cloud9:

I probably worked 100 or so IOA Character Breakfast shifts (and these, along with the HHNs, were always my favorites), and it suprised me to see the amount of adults who would come in without kids. A rough estimate would be about 25-30 percent overall, which is a fairly large number considering three of the four charcaters (Cat, Thing 1 & 2) are aimed at a toddler set.

Again, this breakfast works on a couple of levels. The character interaction (as has been mentioned multiple times) blows away anything Disney does. None of the pat your head, sign an autograph book, take a pic and they're gone in 30 seconds like Disney does. I've seen Spiderman spend upwards of 15 minutes with kids, and things feed small kids. Seriously, if your kids like any of these characters, this is the best experience they'll have at any theme park.

KLAIT said:
Go for it! We went last year for the last breakfast seating of the day..we were almost the only people in the restaurant. LOTS of interaction with the characters...each one came by at least 3 or 4 times with Thing 1 and Thing 2 sitting with my son and playing for almost 15 minutes..spidey spent a good 15 minutes with Matt.

We would like to do this even though we only have a older (12) DD. What is the time of the last breakfast seating and where exactly is this restaurant in IOA?

The restaurant is called Confisco and is in the Port Of Entry, just past the POE Bridge on the right side. It's attached to the Backwater Bar, as well as the Croissant Moon Bakery. The official close time for the CB is 10:30, but I took many guests after that time. I believe the reservations desk takes seatings until 10:15.

i am extremely intrested in this...but i keep hearing about families and children. Me, my girlfriend, and my two friends want to look into this but is it mostly for kids or will we have fun too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter