Should I rent a gps or is it easy to drive around Disney

marynpaul

Mouseketeer
I was wondering should I rent a gps system with my car rental or is it fairly easy to get from MCO to Disney and driving around on Disney property?:confused3

I would NOT use a GPS. The drive from MCO to Disney isn't to complicated. At the exit, they'll give you a map with directions to Disney. And Disney property is very easy to navigate. We've been to Disney many times and this past time we used a GPS and the drive from the airport seemed more complicated using the GPS instead of the general directions. So seeing both sides, I vote for NOT renting one!!!

It is very simple to get from MCO to the Disney area...at least it is for me...and I think it is even easier to get around Disney property...they have signs everywhere for anywhere you want to go. I am very good with directions though, so maybe my opinion is a bit clouded. If I see the way to go once, I will know forever.

I don't think you will need a GPS. It is a straight shot from MCO to WDW. And there are signs for everything on Disney property.

Thanks for all your responses..Just a bit nervous this time is first time renting a car .. We usually use ME and disney transportation. I am usually very good with directions and once I have drove it once I remember forever as well. :thumbsup2

It's very easy to drive around Disney, everything is well marked. Study this map:

http://www.solarius.com/dvp/wdw/maps.htm

The 4 main roads form a square: Vista Blvd, World Drive, Buena Vista Drive and Bonnett Creek Parkway. If you know where those are, you can get anywhere.

Well, I have no problem admitting that I am completely directionally impaired! Don't give me directions with north and south, just tell me left or right. :lmao:

So having said that, and having rented a car during our stay two weeks ago, I say absolutely NO gps required. Everything is sooo well indicated on Disney property. I couldn't tell you now more than before what configuration the roads make (a square, really?) or even the names of them. All we did every time we got in the car was follow the signs and we got there without any problem whatsoever. And back to the resort at night too!

As for driving from the airport, that was a breeze as well. Good signs for that too. And going back to MCO was even easier. That is one well organized, easy to get around airport. I couldn't believe how simple it was to return the car (National). The porter took our luggage right out of the trunk and brought us right to our airline check-in counter. Lovely!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest