1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Should I raise my price?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by CPTJAK, Jul 25, 2013.

  1. CPTJAK

    CPTJAK Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2006
    Messages:
    310
    I had an offer for a loaded (12 forward SSR contract 150pt Sept use) accepted at 63 pp plus closing/2013 mfs:confused3.

    My question is should I raise my offer price after it was accepted, just wondering if it will be taken or not.
     
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.



    to hide this adverts.
  3. lorie13

    lorie13 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2010
    Messages:
    217
    You will make one buyer very sad and they may back out. Can you do it, yes, is it "ethical", that is something you need to decide. Personally I would not do it and if I was a buyer and it happend to me I would walk.
     
  4. dbs1228

    dbs1228 DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2,159
    This DID happen to me and I walked away. This just goes to show that not only buyers need to do their homework so do sellers!!! Not sure who if anyone advised you as to the pricing but it seems on the lower end for todays market. I know when I listed my SSR contract back in beginning of March (only 2013 points and forward) I was advised to list mid 60's and probably get lower 60's - I listed for 66.00PP and got 63.00 in a few days. The market has taken off since then and SSR loaded are being listed for low 70's and getting it.

    With that being said I personally would not go up on my price after I accepted an offer. I consider that a contract and would not want anyone to do this to me.
     
  5. ImagineerTHAT

    ImagineerTHAT Imaginerd

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    Messages:
    189
    Yep, I agree. I would leave the price where it's at. Someone got the deal they wanted and is looking forward to their contract that you agreed to. I would walk away if someone did that to me.
     
  6. Apps

    Apps Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2013
    Messages:
    174
    I think its kinda shady to back away but you are probably losing close to $1k. All I see SSR selling for now is $70 and above.
     
  7. dmunsil

    dmunsil Disney Uber-Nerd

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2008
    Messages:
    907
    I may be wrong, but I got the impression that the OP is the buyer and is asking if they should up their offer to lower the risk of ROFR.

    If that's the case, I don't actually think you have a huge chance of being taken. Disney has not been doing many ROFR exercises on SSR lately, and the last one recorded that I saw was $59/pt. If you want some extra insurance, you could take it up another $2-3 and I think your chances of having it taken would be extremely low.

    It's really just a matter of how much it's worth to you to not have to find another contract. If it's worth a lot, then sure, raise the offer. I can't imagine the seller will turn it down.
     
  8. collections

    collections Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2001
    Messages:
    77

    Are you the buyer or seller? From your post I couldn't tell if you are the buyer, hoping to raise their per point offer so that Disney does not take the contract in ROFR, or the seller who is having regrets about not asking more for a contract you listed for sale.

    So are you buying or selling?

    Either way my answer would be leave things as they are.
     
  9. Apps

    Apps Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2013
    Messages:
    174
    I agree. The post was ambiguous enough that i was confused :rotfl:
     
  10. CPTJAK

    CPTJAK Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2006
    Messages:
    310
    Sorry,

    I am the buyer and was thinking of giving the seller more money per point to increase my chances of the contract getting by Disney ROFR.
     
  11. Apps

    Apps Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2013
    Messages:
    174
    I think you are fine. I passed in Feb/March timeframe at $62 at SSR :)
     
  12. rackle

    rackle Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2013
    Messages:
    95
    I would do what you feel comfortable with. There was a similar one that was taken recently (1mamma2three---$62-$10,671-150-SSR-Sept-300/'13, 150/'14, 150/'15 -sent 6/26, taken 7/23). Yours may pass though. It's hard to say. Has it already been submitted to Disney? I know our broker told us they submitted it the day we agreed (whether that actually happens that fast might different story though).
     
  13. KAT4DISNEY

    KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2008
    Messages:
    9,791
    There is no clear threshold for what Disney takes back and doesn't take back so no, I would not raise the price. If it is taken then just try again but to offer more than has already been accepted is probably just giving more funds to the seller when not needed.
     
  14. Msmithmd

    Msmithmd DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2012
    Messages:
    1,173
    Dean posted in a separate thread a few days ago that Disney historically has allowed a purchaser/seller to not close out a contract that Disney has exercised ROFR on- that is, not actually sell it to Disney. And to then resubmit for ROFR the same contract, with a higher purchase price.

    I have no personal knowledge on this, but generally find Dean to be a true timeshare realty expert. I'd stay at your current offer based on this. Maybe check with your broker to see if they know about this possibility...
     
  15. NoleFan

    NoleFan DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2013
    Messages:
    726
    I would keep as is & not try to "chase rofr." There are so many SSR contracts out there.
     
  16. dbs1228

    dbs1228 DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2,159
    Wow that makes me feel so much better :rotfl2:! You need to pay what you feel comfortable paying. ROFR is tricky and cannot be predicted. The good news is they do not take very many SSR contracts and 63.00PP is not really low (for Disney to snag it) but one never knows what they will do. The one thing I do know is there will always be another contract if they do take this one. I had 2 taken :sick: but in the long run the 3rd that was accepted is by far the best for me and my family (price was not the best but # of points UY and loaded!) Good luck :thumbsup2
     
  17. ImagineerTHAT

    ImagineerTHAT Imaginerd

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    Messages:
    189
    Haha...I totally misread that. I see now that they want to up the price to keep it from getting ROFR'd.

    In the immortal words of Paul McCartney:mic:...speaking words of wisdom, let it be!
     
  18. SFlaDisneyfans

    SFlaDisneyfans Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2013
    Messages:
    156
    We are on day 23 of our ROFR period with an SSR contract. Having spent the last three weeks contemplating it, I have come to the conclusion that losing the contract is not what will tick me off. I am ok with that if it happens. We will find another. What will really annoy me is having to go through another ROFR wait period. It is the ROFR period seemingly always going the full 30 days that is cheesy.
     
  19. lorie13

    lorie13 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2010
    Messages:
    217
    LOL me too, should we blame it on the "english" language :rotfl2:
     
  20. twinsouvenirs

    twinsouvenirs Mother of Dragons :)

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,177
    I know we just bought at 62.5/pt--not sure if it will be ROFR'ed but you can relay that concern to the buyer--they are clearly willing to take the risk :)
     
  21. twinsouvenirs

    twinsouvenirs Mother of Dragons :)

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,177
    Totally agree. I think they should get the 10 day period that a buyer gets for right of recission.
     

Share This Page