Should I Accept?

DLMalmberg

Princess in Training
So ... A little backstory.

I did the Spring Advantage program and early termed in July of 2010. My boyfriend and I met during our program and I decided to move with him when we left to his state of Louisiana. I started grad school, he is still undergrad. We have been living here and both applied for Summer Alumni 2011. He got in. I got pending pending pending...

My recruiter said my rehire paperwork is still processing and I am on restricted rehire and did I want to add Fall and Fall Advantage to my list? I said sure why not... I was very discouraged at this point.

Well, weeks go by and I am planning on getting an apartment (We have been living with his parents) since he is leaving for the summer and I left my dog back in California since before the program started. I also found a rescue dog that I want to adopt, and I have plans to get her this Saturday. I am supposed to sign my lease tomorrow for my apartment.

Disney called today. I got in. I don't know what for, but I am in. I feel blessed that they have lifted my restricted rehire since this is rare. I almost feel like crying because whichever decision I make is going to severely affect my life and it's huge.

I am paying for college myself and have a great job that pays well above minimum wage. I would lose that job, and they have already lost six people coming this next schedule so they are stretched thin (hospital). I feel like I would be abandoning them and really be putting them in a bind.

Then comes the pup. I have already told the rescue foundation I am adopting her and going to come and get her this Saturday. It is such a heartbreak because I have fallen in love with this little dog and I haven't even met her. She is fostered in the next state over.

I have a year and a half of grad school if I continued with classes in Fall. If I do not continue with classes, I would have about two years, since I miss this quarter. My boyfriend and I both want to make our careers with Disney, but is this really the best opportunity for me to go and leave school, a potential best doggie friend, and a great job? I will have more debt coming out of college since I will lose the job, but I would have another program under my belt. Meaning I have a better chance for a professional internship when he and I apply for one after graduating.

I do not know what to do I am so lost. I feel like if I turn this down after all my recruiter did to get me off restricted rehire, it is being rude to her. But financially I just don't know if I can afford not to keep my job and pay for school. As it is I need financial aid to cover some of my costs.

If I turn the job down... can I get into another program? Will I have to go through rehire?

Please help.. any advice is much appreciated.:confused3

I think since you got accepted your rehire status would now be favorable. But I'm not 100% sure about that. It looks to me personally that your best bet would be to continue with the job you have and plan on doing Disney another time. I wasn't ready financially and I regret it. It's a tough call but I wish yo the best of luck either way.

If you know you want your career to be in Disney, doing this program is probably best. Although, it does seem like a tough decision, and best of luck with whatever you do! :thumbsup2

I know someone who has turned down to 2 or 3 acceptances and just keeps getting in and not going. I would call and ask how it would affect you later. If it doesn't affect re-hire, I would put it off. It sounds like a bad time for you and you need to give all of your time and energy to the CP if you want a career in the company. Hope this helps!

I think it would be better to wait until after graduation and you're ready to really begin your career with Disney. You could do a CP after graduation and then go straight into a professional internship if that's what you're interested in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter