Shh, do you hear that? It's the winds of change~link to new thread post#3501

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhh....I see how it is....I go on vacation and you all up and move the thread!! (using exclamation points) :rotfl2:

Hope you're all doing well! We did something today that we've never done on our Disney trips...we spent the entire day at the resort!!! Except for a couple of hours at DTD (my poor wallet)...:goodvibes

That is one thing we have noticed in our first deluxe resort...we want to be here more....and though we loved our value stays, we never just wanted to "hang out" at them...

Wow! I get home from work and we are on page 7? You guys are amazing! I just wanted to say a few things before giving DH some special attention...

Miss: I go through the same thing with the clothes. If it is really something I feel strongly that they shouldn't wear to school, I will tell them "that is a home shirt, not a school shirt". Know it sounds simple. But for some reason it seems to work over here. :confused3. I think we remember our own school time embarrassments and don't want our DD's to suffer through them.:worried:

Dani: Don't stop posting on the Poly thread! I need you over there! We can have our own secret code if you want!:lmao:

Have a good nite ladies...you all are the best!:goodvibes

I won't leave ya!

Ahhhhh....I see how it is....I go on vacation and you all up and move the thread!! (using exclamation points) :rotfl2:

Hope you're all doing well! We did something today that we've never done on our Disney trips...we spent the entire day at the resort!!! Except for a couple of hours at DTD (my poor wallet)...:goodvibes

That is one thing we have noticed in our first deluxe resort...we want to be here more....and though we loved our value stays, we never just wanted to "hang out" at them...

I know exactly what you mean. We experienced the same thing when we stayed at CBR after staying at Pop. Then when we went deluxe, forget it. DS would spend the entire day at the resort swimming, playing, snacking in the lounge, and watching movies on the beach at night and the fireworks from the pool at the Poly. It's just totally different!

No need to get up in arms about changing threads. Your exclamation points are offensive to me. :lmao:

I am so glad you are having fun! Hopefully your wallet will heal soon! ;) Was it nice and relaxing? I wouldn't mind just relaxing if I was at a deluxe resort. I find deluxes to be more relaxing than hustle and bustle like the values.

I
Not sure if any of this helps, but I love yappin' about it. :rotfl:

pixarmom, you will love the MNSSHP! We have been 4 times, and it is so much fun! The parade is NOT to be missed, it is great! I love missoutandabout's advice, eat a meal before you go. The kids are going to eat the candy (and some adults too :rotfl:), you stand a better chance of getting something healthy in them before you go!!!

Missoutandabout, it helps and I love it!!!! This is great information and I'm off to reconsider my ADRs right now - I think we need a bigger meal pre-party. (Amanda, I think I've done more ADR changing for that short trip than I've ever done before!)

JC, our boys are so excited about the parade that we decided to get to the early parade so that our youngest doesn't fall asleep and miss it AND so that our older boys can see it twice if they love it as much as they think they will! Love to hear that you enjoy it so much you've been four times! Did you dress up?

Geez I made one comment on the Poly thread that Tikiman isn't always correct and now I'm being accused of being harsh and picking on him. Sometimes I wonde why I even post anywhere but here.

Ugh! I know that yucky feeling, Dani. Hugs to you from me. :hug:

Woohoo! Me too I think. I wasn't going to book MNSSHP unless we old get into pirates league but i think we should go anyway

Yes, GO!!!

For what it's worth, you are all welcome over on the GF FAQ.:goodvibes

Love your thread - always so welcoming! After October, GF will be the only remaining deluxe on my bucket list - waiting for the construction to end and we'll be there!

Hi Amanda! Can't wait to see your MNSSHP photos - great costume idea! Did you find a Wendy costume yet? We're dressing up, too. At first, it was just the kids dressing up, then my mom said we simply MUST pick a theme and dress up accordingly. (My parents were at F&W last year and saw families in costume heading to MNSSHP.) So our oldest is the Mad Hatter, middle son is Tweedle Dee, youngest is Tweedle Dum and I'm Alice. My husband is undecided - he's rejected our Cheshire Cat idea and now we're lobbying for some version of the White Rabbit!

Mousemommy, keep having a wonderful time!

Awww....don't worry, I miss my early morning friend!:goodvibes

(Amanda, I think I've done more ADR changing for that short trip than I've ever done before!)

It seems like no matter how long or short a trip is, it's just so hard to decide on ADRs. There are just so many good places to try. And then, trying to get the perfect ADR time. It's just too easy to make changes! :rotfl:

Hi Amanda! Can't wait to see your MNSSHP photos - great costume idea! Did you find a Wendy costume yet? We're dressing up, too. At first, it was just the kids dressing up, then my mom said we simply MUST pick a theme and dress up accordingly. (My parents were at F&W last year and saw families in costume heading to MNSSHP.) So our oldest is the Mad Hatter, middle son is Tweedle Dee, youngest is Tweedle Dum and I'm Alice. My husband is undecided - he's rejected our Cheshire Cat idea and now we're lobbying for some version of the White Rabbit!

I LOVE y'alls costume theme! I think the White Rabbit is a great option for your DH. Hopefully, he'll go along with it for y'all! :thumbsup2

I could not find a Wendy costume. Well, I lie....I could but there were problems with the 2 I found. The first one I found on a costume website was for "sexy" Wendy. UH.....no. Then, I did find a real Wendy costume on Etsy. They wanted $185!! I think not! Thankfully, my best friend is wonderful & she sews a lot so she is making my Wendy dress for me. She found a pattern that had the basic silhouette of the dress that she was able to use as a basis. She's still working on it & I can't wait to see it all finished! :banana:

My problem with ADRs is that I want to eat at mostly EPCOT restaurants, and then I also like to eat CS so unless I do nothing but eat the entire trip, something just has to get cut!

It seems like no matter how long or short a trip is, it's just so hard to decide on ADRs. There are just so many good places to try. And then, trying to get the perfect ADR time. It's just too easy to make changes! :rotfl:

I LOVE y'alls costume theme! I think the White Rabbit is a great option for your DH. Hopefully, he'll go along with it for y'all! :thumbsup2

I could not find a Wendy costume. Well, I lie....I could but there were problems with the 2 I found. The first one I found on a costume website was for "sexy" Wendy. UH.....no. Then, I did find a real Wendy costume on Etsy. They wanted $185!! I think not! Thankfully, my best friend is wonderful & she sews a lot so she is making my Wendy dress for me. She found a pattern that had the basic silhouette of the dress that she was able to use as a basis. She's still working on it & I can't wait to see it all finished! :banana:

Your costume is a great idea! I want to be princess Leia for the Halloween party this year, but all the ones I see are ummm ... not appropriate for WDW, or frumpy drape type costumes. What's a girl to do? Hmmmm perhaps I can find someone to make me one too! My mom sews.....:scratchin.

My problem with ADRs is that I want to eat at mostly EPCOT restaurants, and then I also like to eat CS so unless I do nothing but eat the entire trip, something just has to get cut!

It is very hard to narrow down where to eat in EPCOT. There are just too many good choices there. I had to cut Chefs de France off our list for this year & was quite sad that yet again I won't be trying it. Oh well....another reason to go back, right? :rotfl:

Your costume is a great idea! I want to be princess Leia for the Halloween party this year, but all the ones I see are ummm ... not appropriate for WDW, or frumpy drape type costumes. What's a girl to do? Hmmmm perhaps I can find someone to make me one too! My mom sews.....:scratchin.

Thanks!

We were originally going to do Star Wars! Yeah, the skimpy Princess Leia costumes....I don't think so. I was going to go with the white dress fo hers from a New Hope but then I kept reading about how see-through it is & some people said the slit came up really high if you have short legs. So, I had to cross it off my list. I'm kind of glad I did because I'm really excited with our theme now. You should definitely talk to your mom about whipping up some costumes!

It is very hard to narrow down where to eat in EPCOT. There are just too many good choices there. I had to cut Chefs de France off our list for this year & was quite sad that yet again I won't be trying it. Oh well....another reason to go back, right? :rotfl:

Thanks!

We were originally going to do Star Wars! Yeah, the skimpy Princess Leia costumes....I don't think so. I was going to go with the white dress fo hers from a New Hope but then I kept reading about how see-through it is & some people said the slit came up really high if you have short legs. So, I had to cross it off my list. I'm kind of glad I did because I'm really excited with our theme now. You should definitely talk to your mom about whipping up some costumes!

It got cut last year because we were just too tired and it was too hot to imagine walking ALL the way to France to eat soup. :crazy2: This year I am going if I have to sit on a skateboard and have my mom tow me on her ECV. Now THERE is a mental image for ya! :lmao::rotfl2:

It got cut last year because we were just too tired and it was too hot to imagine walking ALL the way to France to eat soup. :crazy2: This year I am going if I have to sit on a skateboard and have my mom tow me on her ECV. Now THERE is a mental image for ya! :lmao::rotfl2:

If that happens, you simply must take a picture for us here! :lmao:

Thanks for the heads up, Jeanette! :goodvibes

Hi, everybody! Sorry I haven't posted much lately! I do try to catch up as much as possible when I can. I have been very consumed with planning our trip for Sept/Oct. I think I finally have everything the way I want it. So, hopefully, I'll have more posting time!

Hey! We will indeed be at the party on Sept 30th! I've already printed out party tickets! :cool1: We will be dressing up.....I will be Wendy Darling, my DH will be Mr. Smee & our son is going as Cpt. Hook. I'm soooo excited for this party!!! We are spending the day at the resort. And will head to MK at some point after 4pm.

We're barely missing y'all! We leave on Sunday, Oct. 7th to head home. Are y'all dressing up?

Hi Amanda! :goodvibes we both arrive and depart the same day :) our plan for Sunday is to rent a cabana at the POLY, chill and head over for 4, hit CHH for dinner, then enjoy the party :) sounds sweet what you are dressing up as! I'm not into dressing up, but my BFF wants to, so she may do it. Maybe I can find a cool Halloween tee shirt in the stores before the big day :)

Dani: we love ya, and know you meant no harm with the tikiman comment ...we enjoy :listen: 'ing to you share, so don't stop! :)

Pixar mom :goodvibes HI! :) I miss you again by a few days....Darn! :( I haven't been to MNSSHP before, only pirates and princess.....we enjoyed that night, so I'm really looking forward to this one! I am taking advice to eat QS early the night of, so we don't waste party time on eating and QS eatery crowds :) hope you enjoy the party if you decide to go :)

I heart: thanks for the POLY love, :lovestruc I'm very excited!

One more day and I'm into the 60's! :cool1: :banana:

ETA: ok....I'm sitting here listening to y'all talk Halloween costumes, I admit, I'm a tad jealous! I think if I'm honest with myself, the true reason for not wanting to dress up besides the heat factor is......there's really no nice plus size costumes :( if I was an itty bitty cutie like some of y'all ( I've seen your gorgeous pics!) then that wouldn't be an issue......but cute costumes that are comfy AND that fit? Don't think I'll be able to pull that off :( oh well.....hopefully I can find a cute themed tshirt in the gift shop!

Indeed! :rotfl2: It will be the next big thing to complain about! :lmao:

Yes, the self righteous DIS gods will have a ball with that one!

Hi Amanda! :goodvibes we both arrive and depart the same day :) our plan for Sunday is to rent a cabana at the POLY, chill and head over for 4, hit CHH for dinner, then enjoy the party :) sounds sweet what you are dressing up as! I'm not into dressing up, but my BFF wants to, so she may do it. Maybe I can find a cool Halloween tee shirt in the stores before the big day :)

Dani: we love ya, and know you meant no harm with the tikiman comment ...we enjoy :listen: 'ing to you share, so don't stop! :)

Pixar mom :goodvibes HI! :) I miss you again by a few days....Darn! :( I haven't been to MNSSHP before, only pirates and princess.....we enjoyed that night, so I'm really looking forward to this one! I am taking advice to eat QS early the night of, so we don't waste party time on eating and QS eatery crowds :) hope you enjoy the party if you decide to go :)

I heart: thanks for the POLY love, :lovestruc I'm very excited!

One more day and I'm into the 60's! :cool1: :banana:

:hug: You are so sweet Marie.

My problem with ADRs is that I don't have any/want to make because I don't want to be tied down to ADRs, I am not going to any TS restaurants and I am only going to MK. :laughing:

We'll be switching resorts that day from POFQ to OKW. Once we get to OKW, I plan on us just relaxing & swimming. Hoping to get to head to MK around 4. We'll probably be going to Cosmic Ray's for dinner since Reid will probably want to do rides close to that area.

You should probably be able to find a cute Halloween shirt. Seems like holiday merchandise comes out earlier & earlier every year.

Yes, the self righteous DIS gods will have a ball with that one!

::yes::::yes::::yes::

Good Morning!

Hope all is well on this Friday!

Dani, since your trip is so close, I thought this picture would work perfectly for you;)

DSC_1055.jpg

Amanda....nice to see you over here:thumbsup2

Candace....so glad y'all are having a great time!!! I knew that deluxe would spoil you;)

Pixar....your costumes for MNSSHP sound great!!! Wish we were going back...it's such a fun night!!!

Chimo...We found shirts for MNSSHP at DTD and online...plenty to choose from. You'll be able to find something for sure. And honestly, even if you don't dress...you certainly won't be the only one....lots of people don't.

Missout....you look fabulous in my ferrari van;) You're welcome to borrow it any time...

Keep all those families in Colorado in your thoughts and prayers....such a tragic event this morning.

Heather:surfweb:

I know exactly what you mean. We experienced the same thing when we stayed at CBR after staying at Pop. Then when we went deluxe, forget it. DS would spend the entire day at the resort swimming, playing, snacking in the lounge, and watching movies on the beach at night and the fireworks from the pool at the Poly. It's just totally different!

Oh, I so get what you mean! Over the years it I've often tried to explain this to friends who have not stayed deluxe - especially in an MK or EPCOT resort. We love the parks too, but when staying at a lovely resort it changes the trip (in a positive way) and some days it is hard to leave the resort for a park. I know not all will not understand, but I'd rather visit less often and be able to stay deluxe. It is the best R&R anywhere for me.

Good Morning, RCers!!

Another beautiful photo, Heather - thank you!:lovestruc

I am so happy it is finally Friday - this had to be one of the longest weeks I've had in a long time; very happy it is coming to an end.:thumbsup2

Sophia and I are off to do some errands this morning - she loves wandering aorund The Christmas Tree Shop so it is a nice hot morning "activity". Then we'll walk over to Target. Maybe we can even squeeze in Babies R Us so she can ride Dumbo. ::yes::

Hope it is a great day for all! :hug: Some of the countdowns are looking great!:goodvibes

You are a woman after my own heart! Rides? There are rides at Disney? I thought it was a restaurant destination.......:rotfl2:

I think I am going to go with the pirate theme for my family and then if by some luck we get into PL, we will be ready. I wasn't planning for dh and I to do PL but I was going to get us some sort of costume or at least tshirt to match the rest of the family. I am very concerned about 13 yo dd not wanting to dress up so I think the Pirates theme works well because there are lots of cute costumes for her. I will just bring my black eyeliner and DS's halloween makeup and if we can't get in, we will be DIY pirates!

Mousemommy - Miss you! Glad you are having a blast. Can't wait to see pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter