• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

A parking question, is there a fee to park at the resort for timeshare traders? What about a second vehicle?

We will have 2 vehicles for a 2 bedroom.
Thanks
Judy

A parking question, is there a fee to park at the resort for timeshare traders? What about a second vehicle?

We will have 2 vehicles for a 2 bedroom.
Thanks
Judy

There are no parking fees. We had two cars on our recent stay, just make sure you get two parking permits upon checkin.

Great thanks! Just stayed Easter week at a trade in Virginia Beach and we paid $49 for the week.

Completely off topic...

Florida may well be the tennis capital of the world. Along with other such lesser known facilities, Nick Bollettieri's tennis academy is located in Florida, Bradenton I think. That academy continues to attract many of the world's best young players. The Williams sisters, Maria Sharapova, Martina Hingis, Andre Agassi and literally hundreds of other current and former tour players lived and trained there as youngsters. Some of the timeshare resorts in the Orlando area feature access to golf courses (Grande Vista comes quickly to mind) while others, at least originally, featured tennis courts (Vistana Resort and Orange Lake are a couple that really emphasized tennis) but most timeshare resorts have tennis courts. While I've never been more than a woeful player, I used to bring my racket with me on vacation and have played - and dehydrated - at several timeshare resorts in the area.

Dick Taylor

Dick, YES, that's what I mean. :rotfl: but kuddos to you for doing it!

Yeah, I definitely think golf when I think florida. But that's probably just because my dad was a golfer, even tried out for the senior tour one year. I used to play tennis too. I guess it wouldn't be bad in the off season or on a cooler day during our April trips.

Dick, YES, that's what I mean. :rotfl: but kuddos to you for doing it!

Yeah, I definitely think golf when I think florida. But that's probably just because my dad was a golfer, even tried out for the senior tour one year. I used to play tennis too. I guess it wouldn't be bad in the off season or on a cooler day during our April trips.

If you do want to play, Vistana is a great place to do it. Thirteen well lit courts (clay and hard surface) should mean no waiting. I've never seen more than 2 or 3 courts in action at any one time.

If you do want to play, Vistana is a great place to do it. Thirteen well lit courts (clay and hard surface) should mean no waiting. I've never seen more than 2 or 3 courts in action at any one time.

Do you bring your own rackets, etc or do they have them there?

Do you bring your own rackets, etc or do they have them there?

Not actually being a tennis player, I had to look it up. Here is what Starwood says:

The Sheraton Vistana Tennis Club is located adjacent to the Main Activities Center. The Tennis Club features 13 lighted courts (9 clay and 4 hard) that are open daily from 8am until 10pm. There is no reservation required and courts are free of charge. Racquets, balls and a ball machine are available for rent at the Main Activities Center located next to the courts. Teaching professionals and group clinics are available through reservations, and a free Discover Tennis Clinic is held every Sunday morning.

I don't know what the rental rates are. Might be worth a call to the resort to find out if you are interested.

Enjoy!

Anybody just return with some recent pics and review?

I sent my pre-registration and requests in, so now it's just waiting time we check in 2 weeks from today! Getting a little excited.

Not actually being a tennis player, I had to look it up. Here is what Starwood says:

I don't know what the rental rates are. Might be worth a call to the resort to find out if you are interested.

Enjoy!

Thank you - I don't know why I didn't see that on the website...I looked around but couldn't find that info!

Anybody just return with some recent pics and review?

I sent my pre-registration and requests in, so now it's just waiting time we check in 2 weeks from today! Getting a little excited.

Got home today...I have a few pics of my cascade villa and the cascade pool. Would highly recommend the resort. Was there anything in particular you wanted to know?

Got home today...I have a few pics of my cascade villa and the cascade pool. Would highly recommend the resort. Was there anything in particular you wanted to know?

Where can I view the pics? :confused3 I would love to see them.

I did not research this to death, but it seems like a very nice resort and we got a good price through Travelocity. We are hoping for a wonderful family holiday trip!!!

Cascade Building #4 (top floor)
IMG_4465.jpg

IMG_4462.jpg

IMG_4463.jpg

Master suite:
IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4460.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg

Second Bathroom:
IMG_4464.jpg

Cascade Pool:
IMG_4466.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

Thanks for sharing, that is just what a requested. Looks fantastic! I an not wait 8 more work days!

Can anyone tell me about the coffee makers in the villas? My teen daughter loves coffee and I'm wondering if we should buy actual coffee or just get some Starbucks Via for her. We have a Keurig at home. Is the coffee pot big, or small enough that it would make sense to actually brew a pot for a couple of cups?

Can anyone tell me about the coffee makers in the villas? My teen daughter loves coffee and I'm wondering if we should buy actual coffee or just get some Starbucks Via for her. We have a Keurig at home. Is the coffee pot big, or small enough that it would make sense to actually brew a pot for a couple of cups?

They have Mr. Coffee type coffee makers with a twelve-cup decanter. You can certainly brew a couple of cups in one of those machines. You'll just have extra coffee left over to take home at the end of your vacation.

Dick Taylor

Wow just found this thread, everyone is so helpful its making me so excited for our trip! This will be our first trip to the Vistana and Disney. Even after all this info I'm still confused on where to request staying. We are arriving on a Sunday in July and are booked through Sheraton. Do they usually put people booked straight through sheraton in a certain area or dispersed through the resort. I liked the sound of the Spas area but not sure if I can request that area. I have a 14yr old and a 6yr old. I rented a 2 bedroom ...my main concern is quiet a nice view and hope to be able to walk to a quiet pool. I would really appreciate any suggestions!:)

Wow just found this thread, everyone is so helpful its making me so excited for our trip! This will be our first trip to the Vistana and Disney. Even after all this info I'm still confused on where to request staying. We are arriving on a Sunday in July and are booked through Sheraton. Do they usually put people booked straight through sheraton in a certain area or dispersed through the resort. I liked the sound of the Spas area but not sure if I can request that area. I have a 14yr old and a 6yr old. I rented a 2 bedroom ...my main concern is quiet a nice view and hope to be able to walk to a quiet pool. I would really appreciate any suggestions!:)

Booking through Sheraton allows you to request where you'd like to stay. You can request Spas -- I did -- but it is part of the older "deeded week" timeshares, which means that people actually own certain weeks in that section. In order to get your request met, you'll have to hope someone isn't using their week. For someone like me, that isn't staying for a typical week (11 nights) that means hoping that more than one person has given up a week. I'm not too hopeful but that's where I wanted to stay, so I requested it.

From what I understand, almost all the villas have a nice view. Most look out over water. The kitchen and 2nd bedroom usually face the parking lot, the living room/master face a pond or pool. If I were you, I'd do diamond lane checkin (link somewhere in this thread), request Spas, but just tell them that your priority is a nice view and close to the pool. That should give them enough information that they can place you somewhere that meets your needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter