Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

they'd have to double your annual fees to do that. most timeshare owners prefer lower annual fees...so even top brands like DVC only offers limited housekeeping once for a 7 night stay (and U.S. marriotts usually offer zero housekeeping unless you want to pay extra per night.)

i kind of like not having housekeeping in the room, but if you're more of a hotel-type person, you might be better off selling your timeshare and staying at full-service resorts...

I am a DVC member as well and fully understand the difference. You obviously missed the line that said "the service and amenities are not what they used to be"! It wasnt until three years ago they stopped the once a week full cleaning. It wasn't everyday! We actually own two weeks and are one of the few left that are not on points but own weeks 24 & 25 at Vistana! Your response is exactly how their corporate market feels and is a big reason why they are now a 3 star resort! If you think you can compair Disney to Sharaton....:laughing::rotfl2::rotfl:

they'd have to double your annual fees to do that. most timeshare owners prefer lower annual fees...so even top brands like DVC only offers limited housekeeping once for a 7 night stay (and U.S. marriotts usually offer zero housekeeping unless you want to pay extra per night.)

i kind of like not having housekeeping in the room, but if you're more of a hotel-type person, you might be better off selling your timeshare and staying at full-service resorts...

Actually, we booked at SVR through the Sheraton starpoints system. Got 5 nights for the price in points of 4 nights and ..... we got maid service every single day! They were excellent, too!

If you think you can compair Disney to Sharaton....:laughing::rotfl2::rotfl:

I don't think it's an unfair comparison. There are a fair number of people on various Timeshare boards who've visited Sheraton Vistana and a DVC resort who think Sheraton the nicer resort -- sometimes even when they admit the magic of staying onsite trumps the poor quality of DVC. :rotfl: There's a recent post in the DVC board at TUG where a Sheraton/DVC owner compared their April visit to Sheraton Vistana and the Beach Club Villas, and Sheraton came out way ahead. Plenty of DVC owners think the quality there has gone down the last few years, as well.

Although I have to admit, I read your description of the past versus the present at Sheraton, and wondered if Sheraton Vistana sold out within the past few years. ;)

I am a DVC member as well and fully understand the difference. You obviously missed the line that said "the service and amenities are not what they used to be"! It wasnt until three years ago they stopped the once a week full cleaning. It wasn't everyday! We actually own two weeks and are one of the few left that are not on points but own weeks 24 & 25 at Vistana! Your response is exactly how their corporate market feels and is a big reason why they are now a 3 star resort! If you think you can compair Disney to Sharaton....:laughing::rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm with Charles on this. We own a deeded week (11) in Courts and are quite happy to not pay for housekeeping in our MF's. But if you really want it, Vistana will provide daily housekeeping at a small extra cost. This would still probably come out well below the cost of a DVC week in a similar sized unit.

And where are you seeing Vistana Resort as a 3 star? Even Tripadvisor shows it as 3.5 stars - only AKV scores a higher 4 star in the "Specialty Lodging Orlando" category. RCI has reinstated gold crown status since the remodel, and I am pretty sure that II also rates it as one of their top category properties as well.

Comparing Vistana to a Disney Resort is never possible because it is like comparing Pineapples to Apples. Disney will always have more ammenities and convenience, but for a given villa size, will cost up to 4 times as much whether you are renting or owning. I never feel like I have "settled" for Vistana - it is a beautiful, modern, well run resort a stone's throw away from Disney.

How far before your trip did you receive your confirmation from Diamond Lane? We leave in under 3 weeks - I sent mine in last month and I'm just wondering when to expect the confirmation.
thanks!

We leave 6/16 weekend. I sent in my Diamond Lane request about 1.5 months before the trip and just received my confirmation last week...about 1.5 weeks before the trip. I too was thinking it wasn't received but it looks like they respond once you are close to your arrival.
I happen to like the older units - seems to be more space/better parking - but I think I shot myself in the foot when I wanted to verify we were getting double beds in the second bedroom :rolleyes1. Anyone know which Saturday checkins have double beds? The map has Saturday checkins all over so I was just wondering. The resort is very nice so I'm sure wherever we end up will be beautiful. I'll be on VACATION so a happy dance is in order regardless :dance3:

We leave 6/16 weekend. I sent in my Diamond Lane request about 1.5 months before the trip and just received my confirmation last week...about 1.5 weeks before the trip. I too was thinking it wasn't received but it looks like they respond once you are close to your arrival.
I happen to like the older units - seems to be more space/better parking - but I think I shot myself in the foot when I wanted to verify we were getting double beds in the second bedroom :rolleyes1. Anyone know which Saturday checkins have double beds? The map has Saturday checkins all over so I was just wondering. The resort is very nice so I'm sure wherever we end up will be beautiful. I'll be on VACATION so a happy dance is in order regardless :dance3:

With Saturday check-in and need for double beds, the only section you have ruled out is Courts. Falls and Spas are also out because they are Sun and Fri respectively. You can still be in Palms or Springs for the "older" sections and Cascades, Fountains (I/II) or Lakes for the newer.

Arrived back home today after a week at here. This was our first time offsite. In the past we have stayed at moderates or rented points for a studio at one of the DVCs. However, after doing beach trips the past few years and enjoying the roominess of staying in a friend's beach house and the kids getting older and wanting more privacy decided to stay offsite.

I bid on the Sheraton Vistana through Sky Auction and got a great price. We arrived on a Sunday evening and check-in was very smooth and front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Noone asked about a timeshare presentation at check-in and other than a few phone messages was not asked to attend any presentations. We stayed in a two bedroom in Cascades 17 building. We really liked this location. It was very pretty to sit on the balcony. The kids loved the ducks in the water below us. There was a huge pool right across the road from our building with fountains that we all enjoyed often.

Our room was wonderful. So modern and spacious. Loved having all the space. The one negative to this nice place was there seemed to be some cigarette smoke around the pool. My daughter has asthma and allergies and it really bothers her. Twice I had to ask people not to smoke at the pool. I checked and it was not a designated smoking area. Also people staying in our building would just put their trash out in front of their condo. Kind of made things look junky

Would definitely stay again. Kids loved the place and I think the value for the space and amenities really good.

Hi Everyone. Just found this thread. Planning on a Disney Trip next Early June. Was planning on renting DVC Points again (as we have done the past 3 trips) but just found out more family members may be coming. Right now we have 7 (3 Adults, 4 Kids) But could be up to 15. So, have been researching Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills and now just came upon this.

My boss has a timeshare that I beleive from Interval International that we are able to use. When going to the Interval Website I see there is Sheraton Vistana Villages and Sheraton Vistana Resort. Can someone tell me what the difference in these would be?

Most of the kids going would be Teen/Pre-Teen so would like something near a great pool, activities, food court and basketball court. What would you all recommend. We can check in on any day. Thanks.

Hi Everyone. Just found this thread. Planning on a Disney Trip next Early June. Was planning on renting DVC Points again (as we have done the past 3 trips) but just found out more family members may be coming. Right now we have 7 (3 Adults, 4 Kids) But could be up to 15. So, have been researching Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills and now just came upon this.

My boss has a timeshare that I beleive from Interval International that we are able to use. When going to the Interval Website I see there is Sheraton Vistana Villages and Sheraton Vistana Resort. Can someone tell me what the difference in these would be?

Most of the kids going would be Teen/Pre-Teen so would like something near a great pool, activities, food court and basketball court. What would you all recommend. We can check in on any day. Thanks.

Sheraton Vistana Resort (SVR) and Sheraton Vistana Villages (SVV) are about three miles apart from each other. SVR is the older of the two and larger; SVV started building as space started to run out at SVR. Although older, SVR has had a recent full refurbishment, so the units are often fresher than older sections of SVV.

SVR's older sections are built on a smaller scale with smaller footprint 2-3 storey buildings but no elevators; it wasn't until Sheraton took over management of the existing resort that density of units started to rise. SVV and about half of SVR are 4-5 storey buildings with elevators. However, all buildings are built resort style, with exterior doors on one side, and balconies on the other - there are no interior corridors (less of a high-rise hotel feel).

Amenities at both are great for your crew, with all you want. There is just more of it at SVR compared to SVV - more pools, more tennis, more restaurants and bars, etc. One other SVR advantage is that it is about 5 minutes closer to the Disney parks.

Either would be a good choice; read on here for more information about SVR, and check down further for a few good threads about SVV. Enjoy.

Although older, SVR has had a recent full refurbishment, so the units are often fresher than older sections of SVV.

This, of course, is a very specific point-in-time comment. (I'm not writing to refute anything that bankr63 has said but just to clarify a little on the condition of the two resorts. It should be understood that, as time goes on after a refurbishment is completed, wear and tear is just part of the resort villa aging process.)

The refurbishment of the 1,682 villas at Sheraton's Vistana Resort started in 2007 and I think it was completed during the mid- to late summer of 2011. So, yes some of the villas at SVR are "fresher" than some of the villas at SVV but that's not the whole story as the same can be said the other way around.

The newest phase at SVV, St. Augustine, was built during 2010/2011 and the villas in that section are fresher than most of the SVR villas. Additionally, SVV performed a refurbishment on the Key West phase of the resort during late 2011 (November/December, I think). So the SVV Key West villas were the freshest of all of the villas at the two resorts at the end of last year. Of course there are two other phases at SVV (Bella Florida and Amelia) that weren't as 'refreshed' as St. Augustine and Key West. But I don't know how they match up with the phases of SVR that were first up for refurbishment in 2007.

I think that the important take-away is that Starwood (Sheraton's parent company) and the owners in each of these two resorts' phases have invested significant money and effort to update villas or keep villas up to date. The refurbishment work at SVR was much needed in some phases and the pictures I've seen look great, creating a new standard for the two properties. The SVV work seems to be intended to bring older sections of that resort up to that new standard.

Both of these resorts are very nice and very well maintained. They both have a lot to offer guests in terms of resort features and amenities as well as providing a great, in my opinion, resort experience.

Dick Taylor

We are just home from eleven nights at Vistana. I requested and we were given a villa in the Spas section. We were not far from the Super Pool, very close to Zimmies and the Marketplace. We absolutely loved everything about our Villa and the service at Vistana. The pools were amazing and there were 4 within very close walking distance. We ordered Flippers pizza delivery twice, ate at several places in the immediate area, and made a couple of meals in our villa. I had booked through Last Minute Travel for $123/night and I was a bit surprised to find out that the price included full maid service. I didn't expect it, but it was nice to have fresh towels every day.

My only complaint was that the bottom sheet on the beds wasn't a fitted sheet. Not a huge thing, but when they use a flat sheet and tuck it in, it tends to pull out easily.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. We really loved this place and my teen daughter even asked if we could come back next year and just stay at Vistana and not do any parks...

Not sure if its been asked, but do all rooms have free Wifi? if so is the signal strength any good? Will be coming with iPhone4 from UK and don't fancy having data roaming on.

Not sure if its been asked, but do all rooms have free Wifi? if so is the signal strength any good? Will be coming with iPhone4 from UK and don't fancy having data roaming on.

Yes. There is a book in your room that lists the amenities which has the directions/password for using the free wifi. Was very simple to do for our iPads and iPhones.:thumbsup2

Would like to share my thoughts on this years trip to Vistana. We were very impressed with the quality of services all around this year! :thumbsup2 It appears they took the suggestions from the owners and made customer service job one!
They brought back the poolside service for drinks and food which we greatly missed in years past. The discounted refillable beer steins and soda sports bottles made a return appearance. :drinking1 Our room was ready early and we requested a crib and a brand new crib was set up in our villa before we were done unloading the cars. They also brought back room service from Zimmies which we also missed in resent years! :cool1: The quality of the bingo prizes was excellent! I think it's great that you can even win a two night stay as the grand prize! So I will step off my soap box as long as they continue with this type of service!:mic:

:wave2:

We are owners at Vistana. We have a deeded unit for week 10 - which is lovely - it is Palms 671 - a top floor unit with a lovely tropical fountain view from the closed in porch. Palms is toward the back of the resort - but not at all far from things as there are walkways that get you to the Zimmie's area in mere minutes. And it is so peaceful and quiet. I've always been happy there. We were back in Palms last November, and the recent renovations are gorgeous.

Now that the kids are older, week 10 isn't easy for us - and we've been trading our week to go later in the year. We're headed back to Vistana next April and I'm wondering if we should go to where we KNOW it's nice - Palms - or try something else. We really like the Cascades pool - but I'm not sure if we'd want to stay over there or not.

One year, I think during a renovation, we had to stay over in Courts. The Courts location is great - but I hated the layout of those condos. I was very unhappy the whole week with our accomodations. We had a two bedroom with a loft. I didn't like the loft at all as noise traveled up - and we really missed our beautiful enclosed porch that we love so much at Palms. So, I know for sure that Courts is out for me.

What other sections do people like - and what is nice about them, in your opinion?

We are owners at Vistana. We have a deeded unit for week 10 - which is lovely - it is Palms 671 - a top floor unit with a lovely tropical fountain view from the closed in porch. Palms is toward the back of the resort - but not at all far from things as there are walkways that get you to the Zimmie's area in mere minutes. And it is so peaceful and quiet. I've always been happy there. We were back in Palms last November, and the recent renovations are gorgeous.

Now that the kids are older, week 10 isn't easy for us - and we've been trading our week to go later in the year. We're headed back to Vistana next April and I'm wondering if we should go to where we KNOW it's nice - Palms - or try something else. We really like the Cascades pool - but I'm not sure if we'd want to stay over there or not.

One year, I think during a renovation, we had to stay over in Courts. The Courts location is great - but I hated the layout of those condos. I was very unhappy the whole week with our accomodations. We had a two bedroom with a loft. I didn't like the loft at all as noise traveled up - and we really missed our beautiful enclosed porch that we love so much at Palms. So, I know for sure that Courts is out for me.

What other sections do people like - and what is nice about them, in your opinion?

We own week 10 in Courts; also an upper. We don't tend to use our loft area for anything more than an extra sitting area so never really noticed the noise. Agree that Iwould like the back deck to be screened in tho; only section at Vistana without screening (although we still haven't seen our unit since refurb - so maybe changed?)

If I could have any section at Vistana it would be Spas. In the quietest part of the resort, but with easy access to all the amenities. Very similar units to your Palms villa. Only down-side there is that Spas is a Friday check-in which isn't very convenient for fly-ins like us.

We like the Fountains I area. We always ask for a top floor unti with a water view that is an easy walk to the Fountains pool. One of my favorite rooms at the Vistana is the lovely screened in lanai. We spend a lot of time on the lanai/screened in porch. I enjoy being outside and looking at the pond/water feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter