Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

It's kind of hard to describe, and I don't want to steer you wrong. These are purely subjective feelings...

The South side (Falls side) of the resort is older, more spread out (roomy?), and yes, I get a more laid back vibe there (except in Cascades). Kind of old style resort.

North side is newer, with taller closer spaced buildings (but many with elevators). Most people see this as a plus, but to me it is not. The buildings kind of crowd in around the pools a bit. Dining options on North side revolve around a food court, vs. sit-down on the South side. I haven't stayed on the North side, but we stroll over occassionally. I would say that there are probably more young kids over on the North side when we've been there.

This is kind of like comparing two Disney resorts from the same class. Each is a bit different, but both are great! Regardless of where you land, you'll enjoy it! :thumbsup2

Just so I can get my fact straight -

The zero entry pools are on the North Side?

The tennis courts are on the South Side?

Which side has the pools with the waterslides?

I am torn because my oldest (10) would love the pools with a water slide and is a tennis player so wants to be near the courts, my middles (5) is incredibly social and will want to be with lots of kids her age (we are going over spring break so I don't think it will matter which side we are on), and my youngest (1) will do best with a zero entry pool. I just wanted a balcony that has a water view. Just trying to see which side everything is on to make a requst (or I'll just leave it up to chance!)

I've looked through a lot of this thread. My question was answered - but it was in 09 and didn't know if the answer had changed. Sorry for re-asking!

I will need a crib and highchair. Are these still available? Do I call? Or do I use Diamond Lane (which brings up my next questions)

A lot of people have talked about the Diamond Lane. Is this only for owners? I booked our stay through resortime, so not sure if I can put in requests on this? And the really stupid question - where do I find the Diamond Lane request form??!!

I don't see why they would not have them available still. Sheraton aspires to maintain gold star service, so removing services like this would be counterproductive. No personal experience on this; my kids have been out of cribs/highchairs for a really long time!

I am not sure who resortime is? If this is an exchange company, then Diamond Lane is the best way. If they are a travel agent and you are renting, I would have them set it up for you (after all, they need to earn the commission!) You can use Diamond Lane for requests about rentals too, you just need a reservation number.

The Diamond Lane form is at:
https://www.mystarcentral.com/services/diamond.jsp?propertyId=01

For exchanges, they really can't do much until about 2 weeks before your arrival which is when I believe they get the exchange information from the exchange company.

Just so I can get my fact straight -

The zero entry pools are on the North Side?
Both - I wouldn't strictly call the Cascades pool (south side) zero entry as it is a single step down into 2" of water, but it is pretty close. There a several bumps at that end of the pool that hump out of the water with gentle water jets. The young ones love splashing around here.

The tennis courts are on the South Side?

Yes!

Which side has the pools with the waterslides?
The really BIG inflatable water slide is on the South Side, beside the Spas pool (it actually occupies two of the tennis courts). I'll try to dig up a picture and post it later. I am fairly certain that there is a small water slide into the pool on the North Side too - that's not our usual side though, so going on vague memory only here.

I am torn because my oldest (10) would love the pools with a water slide and is a tennis player so wants to be near the courts, my middles (5) is incredibly social and will want to be with lots of kids her age (we are going over spring break so I don't think it will matter which side we are on), and my youngest (1) will do best with a zero entry pool. I just wanted a balcony that has a water view. Just trying to see which side everything is on to make a requst (or I'll just leave it up to chance!)

The South probably is a marginally better fit, just based on the long walk to the tennis courts from the North. Other than that, I think you will find everything you want on both side.

Note: my kids totally forgot about water slides once they learned the joys of playing in the waterfall at the Cascades pool. I'm on my lunch right now. I'll try to dig up a pic or two later that might help you visualize.

I just had a chance to log in to the site, concerning GPS, this is a must in Orlando! As Banker stated, his route in to Disney in the morning is easy going, when you are leaving after dark you are leaving with what seems like thousands of other cars and it appears Disney doesn't care what happens when you leave.(don't follow the leader!) Our first two trips after leaving were a nightmare trying to get back to our resort after dark. The day you arrive if you don't have one go down to Walmart about a mile 1/2(right) on Vineland Rd.(535) and you can buy a basic GPS for around $75. program in SVR as a favorite so you always get back. If you plan on spending any amount of time driving in Orlando this will be the best money you can spend. I still can get disoriented after dark .Chances are you will end up exiting World Dr. /I4 or Epcot center Dr./World Center Parkway If you do get lost??, get on to I4 west/east find Ex.68(route 535) (west bound exits are down/east exits are up).12 days and counting,it looks like Arabian nights dinner theater (received discount threw starwood) ,helicopter rides .:yay:

I'll try to dig up a pic or two later that might help you visualize.

And here we go...

IMG_2107.jpg

This is the giant inflatable water slide, which is right next to the Spas Pool (below):

IMG_2112.jpg

And below is the waterfall at Cascades pool. Very refreshing, and the kids made up a game of waterfall tag:

IMG_2011.jpg

You know, I really need to take a bunch more pictures there. We have millions from the parks, but very few from the resort. And the resort is really pretty!

And here we go...

IMG_2107.jpg

This is the giant inflatable water slide, which is right next to the Spas Pool (below):

IMG_2112.jpg

And below is the waterfall at Cascades pool. Very refreshing, and the kids made up a game of waterfall tag:

IMG_2011.jpg

You know, I really need to take a bunch more pictures there. We have millions from the parks, but very few from the resort. And the resort is really pretty!

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions!

I think I am going to request the Cascades section as it seems closest to the tennis courts with elevators and the pool should work great for us. Although if I don't get it I won't be too upset as it seems like all of the locations are great and have some positives! I mostly just need to make sure I get a crib and a highchair!

We are not doing the parks this trip - just looking for a great spring break week at a nice resort. We have annual passes to all of the Bush parks so we will probably do Sea World and the water parks. I really tried to find a resort that would keep everybody happy for a week and I think we are going to love it - plus we got a really great rate for Spring Break week!

Thanks for the great pics. :thumbsup2

My kids love the look of the big slide. I know somewhere it was mentioned that the was a charge for the slide...do you happen to know how much it is?

Thanks for the great pics. :thumbsup2

My kids love the look of the big slide. I know somewhere it was mentioned that the was a charge for the slide...do you happen to know how much it is?

I just checked the activity calendar and I don't see it listed any more. I hope they haven't closed it! :sad2: It opened on Feb 1 2010, and it wasn't necessarily a permanent attraction, so perhaps 2 years was long enough?

If it is still there, the last price list I found from when it originally opened was $2/ride or $10/hour or $20/day or $60/week, I think those were the same prices last March. I would suggest letting kids (and adults) try a quick ride first to see if you would get good value from the longer passes.

If anyone has been very recently, please post and let us know if the Rip Slide is still operating :thumbsup2

Great pics banker,we are so exited to be returning to SVR.I am all ready picking out my lounger, just left of the towel bin. This is about how crowded the pool was most days, last week of Feb.The Cascades pool was far busier than this. The slide is $2 a run or $10hr. the guys were great with the kids.They really don't look at the clock,last trip I spent $90?(3 kids) for the week and I will gladly do the same this trip,considering the cost of amusements in the Orlando area this is a great price.You can see the kids from the pool or as in the pics they have loungers beside the slide.The rec center is right there(view from the pool) and its a great spot for the kids to meet and do crafts and such,and the fun team are always present. This was one of the main reasons we choose this section again this trip.

Just called the resort ,sorry to be the bearer THE SLIP SLIDE IS NO LONGER OPERATING, BUMMER!!! This was great way to keep the kids occupied.The great thing about this resort is that there are so many other things to do.Last trip I took my children to Old Town (15min.away) to see the custom cars on Friday night they do have three go kart tracks and if you don,t mind getting over charged for rides its not bad??

Just wanted to thank those who have taken the time to answer questions on this thread! I was surprised that there was even a thread about this resort. We are staying here next Feb and it will be our FIRST offsite visit to WDW. We are planning a couple days at Universal and IOA while we're staying offsite. I hope this trip convinces me that I can have a great time staying offsite as we have a timeshare and can exchange through RCI. It would save us money to do this from time to time.

I probably have way too much time on my hands but back in January, I went through this entire thread and made notes on each area of the resort. Today I was playing with Photoshop and created an infographic with the information about each area. It only has information on the 2 bedrooms (because that's all I was interested in) but it might help some here, so I thought I'd share it:

Sheraton Vistana Infographic by miss kim 09, on Flickr

I still have no idea where I want to stay. I was thinking Spas, but am worried that since it's a deeded week area, we might not have the best luck getting it. Now I'm back to thinking Fountains...

Just called the resort ,sorry to be the bearer THE SLIP SLIDE IS NO LONGER OPERATING, BUMMER!!! This was great way to keep the kids occupied.The great thing about this resort is that there are so many other things to do.Last trip I took my children to Old Town (15min.away) to see the custom cars on Friday night they do have three go kart tracks and if you don,t mind getting over charged for rides its not bad??

:sad2: I have a very bummed out DS12...he was looking forward to that slide...oh well.

BrerMama ~ Thanks for the great chart and info.

I've read many comments about the wi-fi being very slow. Does anyone know if a wired connection is available in the rooms? I have no problem bringing a cable if it provides a faster connection.

I've read many comments about the wi-fi being very slow. Does anyone know if a wired connection is available in the rooms? I have no problem bringing a cable if it provides a faster connection.

Unfortunately no, the resort does not have wired internet (and once you see the size of the resort you'll probably understand why).

Wi-Fi is usable for e-mail and general web browsing (checking attraction times etc). If you need higher speed access there are a couple of locations where you can use the resort's computers.

Note that one of the upgrades mentioned in the work program for this year is extensive upgrading of the wireless network. Depending on when that happens, you may experience upgraded speeds.

I still have no idea where I want to stay. I was thinking Spas, but am worried that since it's a deeded week area, we might not have the best luck getting it. Now I'm back to thinking Fountains...

Cool chart BrerMama!

To be honest if I was to buy another week at Vistana Resort it would probably be Spas, except that we can't easily make Friday checkin. Just put Spas at the top of your request, and add Fountains as your second choice. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Oh, and KeeperOf4, thanks for checking on the slide. Bummer for sure; my kids will really miss the slide too. And it's going to take forever to get all that sand out of Courts 1-3!! :laughing:

Thanks Bankr63.
Will probably just be using it to check directions to restaurants, double checking theme park hours, etc.

We are exchanging through RCI to SVR this April.
Is there a certain section you're put in if exchanging? Just curious how to find out ahead of time. When will they be able to tell me?

And our room at Orange Lake has 2 bedrooms that sleeps 8. I noticed that some sections of this resort have 2 twin beds in second bedroom. Do I need to tell them I need 2 full size beds NOT twins. Thanks for any help :)

When we stayed at this resort two years ago in the Cascades section, it had wired internet and it was very fast. Have not stayed there since. We'll know more in April when we are staying for 5 nights.

Have stayed 4 times at Sheraton Vistana Villages and the wireless there really sucks. Very slow, poor connections, etc. It helps at SVV if you can get a resort that is not the long and narrow configuration. Also, when my DH went down to use the resort's computers in the business center, they wanted to charge him in 30 minute blocks. When he told them he could not get a connection in our room, they let him use it for free.

So, don't know if the situation is the same at Vistana Resort or not, but thought I would put it out there for consideration.

I know I read it somewhere, but I have been following this thread for so long, I can't remember how long ago I read it to begin looking for it. I am coming up oon 30 days out pretty soon and I need to put my requests into Diamond Lane. MIL booked for me through RCI (cash not points exchange). She sent me the RCI confirmation, but I don't see a Sheraton Reservation number on it. Correct me if I am wrong in thinking that I need that Sheraton # to use Diamond Lane. If so, anyone know how I get that number vs. the RCI number? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter