Shawn-Brooklyn's Wish Trip MAW/Disney Cruise Jan 6-10th 2013

Every year our the Make A Wish Foundation of Iowa, along with other local sponsors, has an event called Jolly Holiday Lights. They have been doing it for as long as I can remember. It is a giant holiday light show set up through one of our big public parks. It is open from the week of Thanksgiving until Dec 31. People volunteer to take the admission, $10 per car, and all proceeds go to the Make A Wish foundation of Iowa. It is a great holiday tradition in town and every year the lights are set up like different characters, themes etc. It takes about 10 to 15 min to drive through the entire park. Last year they raised enough money for 30 wish trips! This year we were invited along with some other make a wish families to "light" the jolly holiday lights. The kids were given magic wands to wave around and "turn on" the holiday lights. This is a photo of my boys that our wish representative shared with me. After the reception/party we were able to drive through the park and enjoy the lights before it opened to the public.

2012-11-19191510-1.jpg

Love the looks on their faces as they're "lighting" the lights. :) What a wonderful fundraiser - the light show sounds fantastic.

So much fun that you're surprising them with such a wonderful Christmas present. Can't wait to see pictures :)

We hope your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love the looks on their faces as they're "lighting" the lights. :) What a wonderful fundraiser - the light show sounds fantastic.

So much fun that you're surprising them with such a wonderful Christmas present. Can't wait to see pictures :)

We hope your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Thanks you too!

We went down to grab the mail and found something very special...Mickey Mail!!! The boys were very excited. Thanks so much to dianemom2 they love their pool robes!

DSC_8556-2.jpg

DSC_8557-2.jpg

DSC_8561-1-1.jpg

DSC_8563-2.jpg

They are super cute! Thought of you guys tonight when we ate at our favorite local pizza place that was holding a Make A Wish event!

Cassondra said:
We went down to grab the mail and found something very special...Mickey Mail!!! The boys were very excited. Thanks so much to dianemom2 they love their pool robes!

Those are so cute! They will come in so handy!!

For our fish extender bag, I bought a canvas bag and paint and made stick people of our family. Super cheap if you use coupons from michaels. Are you crafty? Easy cheap fish extender gift that we received was disney coasters using small ceramic tiles 3 x 3 perhaps and disney scrapbook paper. The paper was covered with découpage. Tiny Velcro pieces were used on the bottom so as not to scratch the table. This would be an easy and cheap project to make and perhaps fun for your kids

joining in on your fun!

your boys are ADORABLE! what a journey you all have been on! so happy Shawn-Brooklyn has received his wish! you will have a great time on the cruise and extra days at WDW!

those robes are so cute! will come in handy after a day in the Mickey Pool!!

I forgot to say, I came up with a decent idea for the big reveal of adding park days as a christmas gift. You could buy one of theose helium tanks at walmart or target (they are like 20 bucks) that come with the balloons. Blow all the balloons up and attach mickey heads to the end of the strings. Your kids will come out Christmas morning to all the balloons. Still working on how you can connect that up with extra park days. Maybe a bigger mickey head under the tree. Or Mickey Doll holing the tickets? THe big bonus is that blowing up the balloons will really make you happy. At least it does for me. Something about sitting in a room and watching balloons float to the ceiling.

DSC_8556-1.jpg

:wave2:

I love the pools robes -- and it appears that Taeshawn and Shawn-Brooklyn do, too. They will be absolutely perfect for going to the pool on the cruise, and so much more convenient that keeping track of towels.

The designs of snorkel Pluto and Donald are such a fun preview of your exciting trip to come. Here's sending good wishes for an amazing trip.

Ok I'm a little behind because I've been doing 12 hour rotations at the hospital the past few days so here we go....

Monday we got home and found a surprise at our door! When we got inside I said Shawn-Brooklyn come open your surprise, so what does he do? He went and grabbed his pool robe :rotfl:So we had to open the box and then he caught on.

DSC_8565-2-1.jpg

DSC_8567-1-1.jpg

DSC_8570-1-1.jpg

DSC_8572-2.jpg
How cute are these! Taeshawn said he is going to use it to carry around all of the stuff he is going to buy lol

DSC_8582-3.jpg
And a cute bag for me!

Thank you so much to Cheryl (aboveH20)! We will put these to good use.

Then on Tuesday we found another surprise....More Mickey Mail! This one came all of the way from Canada!

DSC_8573-2-1.jpg

DSC_8575-1-1.jpg

DSC_8579-3-1.jpg

DSC_8581-2.jpg

These are adorable! They don't know we are going to Disney World yet...but we are eating at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. These will be perfect. Thank you so much to Flora (PurpleEars).

Then on Tuesday we found another surprise....More Mickey Mail! This one came all of the way from Canada!

th_DSC_8573-1.jpg
th_DSC_8575-1.jpg

th_DSC_8579-1.jpg
th_DSC_8581-1.jpg

These are adorable! They don't know we are going to Disney World yet...but we are eating at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. These will be perfect. Thank you so much to Flora (PurpleEars).

I am glad that the package arrived. I hope I didn't ruin any surprise! I hope you will have a great breakfast at Chef Mickey's.

And then today we go get the mail and Shawn-Brooklyn sees the package and yells DISMEY! :rotfl: He says disney with an m. Needless to say I think he is getting really excited now.

DSC_8583-1-1.jpg

DSC_8585-2.jpg

DSC_8588-2.jpg

DSC_8590-2.jpg

DSC_8591-2.jpg

The kids have already started making the holiday decorations. Thank you so much to Christi (angel'smomma) and family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter