Sharon at Fidelity is Great

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by wordwitt, Mar 12, 2013.

1. wordwitt

wordwitt Mouseketeer

With all the talk about Fidelity maybe not being as responsive as other companies, I have to tell you that Sharon has been very, very responsive . I am just a prospective buyer (not quite at the offer stage) with lots of questions, and she has been so quick to respond that it has really impressed me.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. jenbelles

jenbelles Mouseketeer

That is good to know. When I contacted Fidelity a few weeks ago, I was linked to another agent. I called several times and sent a few emails and I never heard back.

4. e46m3

e46m3 Mouseketeer

Me too.

5. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

I have talked to both Shawn and Sharon - they both have been very helpful communication is very good.

I am glad to see that since it was not that way a few years ago!

6. kkolbusz1

kkolbusz1 Mouseketeer

Im now in the process of buying. I contacted many companies to start with questions. Another company is avail. 7 days a wk. So i had him submit the offer. Found out from sharon that they hang on to those offers essentially & deal with their customers 1st even if an offer from a co broker came through 1st. Turns out that one wasnt going to workout anyway so we've decided to work with sharon directly. Waiting to hear back on an offer we submitted today!

7. MapleGirl

MapleGirl Perpetual Planner

I'm working with Sharon too. She's been great.

8. heynowirv

heynowirv DIS Veteran

I bought a small SSR resale from Sharon as well in 2011 and that went really smooth and easy.

9. TinkTatoo

TinkTatoo <font color=peach>Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulde

Would someone mind PM'ing me with Sharon's e-mail address, I've contacted Shawn by phone and e-mail earlier this week and haven't had a reply so I thought I might give Sharon a try

10. PCMama

PCMama Mouseketeer

I found you have to be persistent and email and call everyday. Yes I felt like a pain in the butt but we offered on Wednesday, got accepted by Friday, contract the following Tuesday and submitted to rofr Wednesday. Keep in mind I live in Hawaii so this all occurred with a 5-6 hour time difference.

11. TinkTatoo

Thanks, I'm in the same boat as you with the time difference as we're in Ireland (although ours is 5 hours the other way)

12. disbound09

disbound09 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

A little Irish Luck your way! :thumbsup2 Happy St Patricks Day!!

13. TinkTatoo

14. JimMIA

JimMIA A little Miami humor...

I've seen this claim before, but I doubt if it is true. That would be unethical treatment of their own customers -- the owners who listed their contract for sale with Fidelity. In timeshare resales, the brokers are usually transaction brokers and have legal and ethical responsibilities to both the seller and the buyer.

I would think they could lose their license if they got caught non-tendering legitimate offers.

15. cseca

cseca <font color=darkorchid>My legs are wimpy but my wi

Would someone kindly pm me her email as well?
    I've been trying to get anyone from fidelity to call me back and so far nothing :(
    I would go with TS but they don't have the listing I need.

16. kkolbusz1

kkolbusz1 Mouseketeer

I have the email from sharon that says so.

17. JimMIA

That's disappointing.

18. JimMIA

Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
    of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS ®

Effective January 1, 2012

Standard of Practice 1-6

REALTORS® shall submit offers and counter-offers objectively and as quickly as possible. (Adopted 1/93, Amended 1/95)

(Emphasis added)
    Just sayin'...

Standards of Practice 1-7 and 1-8 also set standards for listing brokers and buyers brokers continuing to submit offers until an acceptance occurs.

19. kkolbusz1

kkolbusz1 Mouseketeer

Oh i totally agree! I submitted a 1st offer thru **** & they said it would take a couple days. I asked why & Was told "we work our own customers offers before we work the co broke offers." I had to retract the offer to not lose out. Now it turns out that the contract didn't work out anyway because it was a foreign seller & they wanted full price so we went with another direct thru fidelity.

20. nkosiek

nkosiek Mouseketeer

Sharon might be great but it appears as though others could take a lesson. I understand that sellers might not get back right away on an offer, but the agent needs to do some work to move things along. I emailed someone over there in regards to where an offer stands and if there's no movement could they look at a few other listings and even though there were hours left in the business day, I got nothing in return. Someone needs customer service training.

21. Breyean

Breyean DVC Since '93

She has told me the same thing about waiting to get back to cobroker calls, but I always took it to mean until after she had finished with her own direct callers, like me.

That would still be as soon as possible because she can't return all calls at the same time.