Sharli & Shane's Wishes Wedding 12/1/13 WP/GF

I did forget something! I told my MOH that I would be getting extensions for my hair and I was also thinking about doing a couple of color clip-ins. She got really excited and said, "Hair chalking!!!" I said, "What's that?" And she explained to me that it's, basically, just putting chalk on your hair. The color washes out and you can do as much or as little as you'd like. She sent me a video to show me the technique, which is really cool....here's the link she sent me to a YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ly4GhDia4k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here's a picture:

hairchalking_zpsf7de798b.jpg

The downside of the chalking is that it can transfer to your clothing, but I think it will be ok since our hair will be up. I bought extensions this weekend and was playing around with them....

hairextensions_zps2709c8c8.jpg

These are 14" clip in extensions, waaay longer than my hair is right now. But I didn't really buy them for length. To accomplish the look for the faux hawk, I will need a lot more hair. LOL I will be dyeing my hair to a darker brown that will match the color of the extensions.

I love, love, love the shoes!! What brand are they? I'm looking for blue but the style is perfect!

Love the hair extensions! You look great with longer hair. Hair chalking is something I had never heard of but it fits the theme perfectly! I can't wait to see how the necklace turns out. And I am envious of those shoes! Where did you get them? I need them for my birthday lol

I love, love, love the shoes!! What brand are they? I'm looking for blue but the style is perfect!

Love the hair extensions! You look great with longer hair. Hair chalking is something I had never heard of but it fits the theme perfectly! I can't wait to see how the necklace turns out. And I am envious of those shoes! Where did you get them? I need them for my birthday lol

I was up the other night and tried to comment, but it didn't seem to like my connection, so my reply never posted. LOL

Anyway, thank you! The shoes are R.S.V.P. and I bought them from Zappos.com. They come in many colors. Here's a link http://www.zappos.com/rsvp-cailyn-fuchsia

The pink was very limited in my size, so hopefully they have the color you like in the size you need! Good luck ladies!

Those shoes are FABULOUS! Oh, I looove those! I love the hair ideas. The second one (the blonde one) is so cool! Love the extensions too, they look great!

Too bad about the necklace, but if they extra work and help makes it perfect, then so be it! :goodvibes

Those shoes are FABULOUS! Oh, I looove those! I love the hair ideas. The second one (the blonde one) is so cool! Love the extensions too, they look great!

Too bad about the necklace, but if they extra work and help makes it perfect, then so be it! :goodvibes

Thanks! When I'm at work everyone looks at my shoes....people actually stop me to see what shoes I'm wearing. :lmao: What's really funny to me is that I really don't have many shoes. I'm kind of picky about my shoes....except flip flops and flats, but my heels....I'm definitely picky about.

I'm thinking a cross between the first and second pictures for the bridesmaids and mine just a little messier than the one I posted. I have a trial run for hair and makeup with Beaute Speciale while we're in Orlando for our PS next month. DF practically insisted that I book a trial run to make sure they can/will do exactly what I want on the wedding day. I have all the pictures saved on my phone, so I'll show them what I'm thinking for the bridesmaids too. I also have several makeup photos pinned that I need to post here.

I've been so involved with wedding planning that I've let my accounting class go. I mean, who wants to do accounting when there's fun wedding planning things to do!?! I need to get back on track with that....only 5 and a half more weeks before the semester is over! Thank goodness!!!

Just found your PJ and wanted to let you know I am following along!

I love all of your choices and your wedding style. It definitely has a distinct rock vibe without looking costumey. Love it!

Also, I wanted to say that you look beautiful in the dresses. I didn't look at your arms until you said something about it. And even then, I didn't see anything wrong. I just saw a beautiful bride! And that's what other people will see, trust me (even though I am just a stranger on the internet. :lmao:)

Just found your PJ and wanted to let you know I am following along!

I love all of your choices and your wedding style. It definitely has a distinct rock vibe without looking costumey. Love it!

Also, I wanted to say that you look beautiful in the dresses. I didn't look at your arms until you said something about it. And even then, I didn't see anything wrong. I just saw a beautiful bride! And that's what other people will see, trust me (even though I am just a stranger on the internet. :lmao:)

Thank you! You're so sweet! I know I can be a little hard on myself (as mariapicardikenyon said), it's something I've been working on for quite some time.....and trust me when I say it has gotten better, but I do still have some work to do! As for the styling of everything, it's funny because I was so nervous that the multi-color theme would come off looking like a child's birthday party. Thankfully, it hasn't! I'm really having fun trying to incorporate the rock touches. I still need to figure out how to do it for the reception.

I really need to start looking at flowers and centerpieces more. I haven't found anything I like that conveys the rock theming....most of what I've come across is really kitschy. But I will not give up!

Now we're going to get a little picture heavy....

I did get the shoes in, but they were way more purple than they are in the picture. Here is a photo I took after I got them, but it really doesn't show the actual color.

shoes1_zpsce25cb59.jpg

Here is a picture of the shoe with the ribbon from the bracelet I'll be wearing...it will also be my sash.

15f1deb5-4121-47e3-97f6-fe4978cb0688_zpse7b19432.jpg

Sooo, they for sure aren't going to be my wedding shoes....after posting them on FB, I'm not 100% sure I'll be sending them back either. Some of the posts to keep have been pretty convincing. LOL

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of eye makeup that I'm considering.

For the MOH, she will be wearing a cobalt sash (I took pretty much all the pictures from pinterest):

bridesmaideyeshadow_zpsc36a6661.jpg

And for myself:

brideeyeshadow_zps68a47b49.jpg

OR

bride_bridesmaideyeshadow_zps4521c17d.jpg

For the second one I would use different colors, but what I love is the way it's blended. It looks almost irredescent.

Next up, floral.

Ok, so here's what I've found. These are the multi-color roses....I'm going to be super sad if I can't have them:

bouquet_multi2_zps0f62d1c7.jpg

I'm not sure what other flowers, though I searched and found these....I think, and hope they are in season for my wedding:

Wax Flower (I would like this in white, used in place of Babies Breath)
waxflower-dark-pink_zps2e7d21e5.jpg

Ranunculus
ranunculus_zps630824df.jpg

The tiniest picture of daisies
flowers_1_zpsb6895f2e.jpg

Belles of Ireland (in place of greenery)
bells-of-ireland_zps9ab74aa6.jpg

And White Anemone, but probably with black center to incorporate the wedding party's fashion
white-anemone-green-center_zps28c789ad.jpg

Here are some inspiration pictures for centerpieces....notice they're all in square vases. LOL

centerpiece2_zpsc3902aa5.jpg

centerpiece3_zps87e1ceeb.jpg

centerpiece1_zpsa2e5db02.jpg

Or maybe white flowers in colored vases....square if I can have them, of course!

multicolor_centerpiece_zps26c0b45e.jpg

I'm not sure if I want a kid's table, since I'm not sure how many kids there will be. If we do have one, I'd like to have it covered in butcher paper (like in a lot of Italian restaurants) and have this as the centerpiece....maybe several with a small vase of flowers. But the flowers would be much smaller on this table.

kidstable_zpsebd55bfd.jpg

And one final post today.....DF bought this for me after I drooled all over it. I'm super happy about it too. I got the idea from another bride on the board. We bought this Olszewski Pokitpal to hold our rings during the ceremony.

Front:
pokitpal_castle1_zps5b940103.jpg

Back:
pokitpal_castle2_zpsda9b45f2.jpg

And this is what I'd like to do for our guest book. I don't want a traditional guest book because I know I'll never look at it again and, for me, that seems like a waste. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do exactly this because it has to travel, but I'm thinking maybe on a smaller scale....like maybe 3 small canvas that will create a cluster when hung. Anyway, just an idea right now....

guestbook_zps37d2a709.jpg

Lol...darn those bad Facebook influences. I can't believe the nerve of some people. Especially ones who had to buy them in both mint and cobalt because they couldn't decide.

I love the tiny daisies!!!! I don't know why, but they strike me as so much fun! And they are so vibrantly colored. I think they would look great as a centerpiece. Also, the kids centerpiece is so cute...and it's multicolored! I think someone on DISbrides had said they lowered the table to the ground and set up pillows on the floor for the kids. That sounds like a cute idea.

Oh I love the rainbow colours so, so much! They are so fun and happy! That first rainbow flower centerpiece is so gorgeous. And I also love the idea of the coloured vases with the white flowers, that is a very unique idea!

The make-up choices look great, very dramatic.

And I love the pokitpal idea!

Sorry to hear the shoes weren't the right colour, but they really are still so fabulous! I'd definitely keep them if it was me. ;)

Lol...darn those bad Facebook influences. I can't believe the nerve of some people. Especially ones who had to buy them in both mint and cobalt because they couldn't decide.

I love the tiny daisies!!!! I don't know why, but they strike me as so much fun! And they are so vibrantly colored. I think they would look great as a centerpiece. Also, the kids centerpiece is so cute...and it's multicolored! I think someone on DISbrides had said they lowered the table to the ground and set up pillows on the floor for the kids. That sounds like a cute idea.

LOL After much deliberation, I decided to send them back. I found another pair I thought would work and DF thought they looked like the same shoe. I took the first shoe out of the box and showed it to him beside my phone so he could see they were different. I put them on and looked at them....something about the color is just off to me and I thought, "I'm never going to wear this color." So back they go!

I'm actually not that fond of daisies, but my MOH loves gerber daisies, so I'm thinking about possibly using those as a nod to her...she's really an inspiration to me. I love the idea of having a low table with pillows....comfy!

I am really enjoying reading along! Gorgeous ideas.

Thanks!

Oh I love the rainbow colours so, so much! They are so fun and happy! That first rainbow flower centerpiece is so gorgeous. And I also love the idea of the coloured vases with the white flowers, that is a very unique idea!

The make-up choices look great, very dramatic.

And I love the pokitpal idea!

Sorry to hear the shoes weren't the right colour, but they really are still so fabulous! I'd definitely keep them if it was me. ;)

I know! All the color just makes me happy when I see it!! See why I'm having a hard time deciding on centerpieces! AAAAHHHH! LOL

Ok, just a couple of updates.....I ordered the pair of shoes mentioned above....and I got them today! Here they are...much closer to the color I'm going for, I think it's close enough to live with! I will need to work on the bows as they are a little "off". They're supposed to be off-centered, but the one on the right shoe is more centered. And I know this is going to sound a little crazy, but the one on the left shoe..the center part that wraps around the center of the bow...well, it's not centered either. I know, I know... :crazy2: But really, it's an easy fix! I'll just take the bows off, fix them, and then reattach them. I know, I'm still crazy. :lmao:

photo4480x640_zps9c640cd3.jpg

I was discussing rehearsal dinner dresses with my bridesmaid today. I showed her a dress I'd bought in December. I was thinking about wearing it to a wedding I had this year, but it runs small so it didn't fit....well, still doesn't. But I'm losing weight and so I'm thinking about wearing it for the rehearsal dinner....here is a picture...

photo3_zps296633b0.jpg

And one last thing! The afore mentioned bridesmaid? That's my new bridesmaid!! She and I have been friends since high school....20 years! OMG, that makes me feel old! :rotfl2: Anyway, I'd already purchased another of the bridesmaid dresses for fear they would sell out. She came and tried it on, we'll need to get it altered, but I'm beyond happy she said yes. She has been MUCH more interested in helping me plan. I sent her an email (or 3) with everything I have so far and she loved everything! Her name is Marlene, here is a picture of us from last year. :goodvibes

improv002_edit640x551_zpsd596a723.jpg

I love the shoes! The bow placement and the middle ribbon being off center would TOTALLY bug me too! You're not crazy at all. It's good that you're crafty enough to fix it.

That rehearsal dinner dress is gorgeous! It's a good choice.

Hurray for happy bridesmaids!:banana:

Hello all!

Thank you Mel! I just need one more dress for our dinner at V&A the night after the wedding. :)

I'm sure most of you saw this on the facebook page, but I figured I'd post here as well anyway. I got my dress in. I can't post a picture of it right now because I don't want to save it to my home computer.....DF is on here more than I am! :rotfl:

I won't be going for alterations until September, so for now, the dress is being stored at my mom's house.

In other news....I bought more shoes. This is it though, I swear! And I didn't really buy them DF bought them for me.

They're Vera Wang (shocking, I know!). I wanted them as soon as I saw them in the spring catalog. When I went to try on dresses I asked about them. The manager told me she wasn't sure they'd ever get them in stock....something about trying to make the shoe at a price point that suited David's Bridal stores. I was crushed!

Anyway, on Monday this past week, I was on the David's Bridal website looking for slippers to buy my girls for the reception. I went to the shoes page, and what do I see? The second shoe pictured on the page! I messaged my MOH to tell her they came in while I was checking to see if they had my size. They didn't. I said to her, "Aww, they're out of my size." She said, "What about in a store?" I said I'd check later. She said, "Hold please, checking now." She tracked the shoes down for me and then asked the sales associate to put them on hold for me so I could go try them on. Love her. Wow, that was a long story....well, here's a picture of the shoes! I'm so in love with them....and no need to fix the bows!! :cheer2:

shoes480x640_zpscdac7c19.jpg

I'm keeping the pink shoes with the bows...pictured above. I'll wear them to our rehearsal dinner or our dinner at V&A......after fixing the bows. I now need to find a pink petticoat to go under my dress.....must. have. some. pink. under the dress....for pictures. :)

Ooohh... those shoes are PERFECT! The pink ones would look nice with that black lacy dress.

BTW, I'm glad you posted here too because I am not on the facebook page. I'm not a bride (or technically engaged) yet so I would feel weird joining a brides group, lol.

I love colored petticoats! :yay:

Ooohh... those shoes are PERFECT! The pink ones would look nice with that black lacy dress.

BTW, I'm glad you posted here too because I am not on the facebook page. I'm not a bride (or technically engaged) yet so I would feel weird joining a brides group, lol.

I love colored petticoats! :yay:

Thank you! Glad you're still reading. :) Turns out I'll be wearing the pink shoes on my wedding day after all....well, for a little while anyway. I'll explain, but seeing the men's tuxes will help the vision along.

Last weekend we went to get the tux rentals taken care of....Men's Wearhouse. My mom and brother came with us. Our consultant was super helpful and nice...though at first I thought I would have to walk out. She did know all about them delivering to Disney and made sure those arrangements were made, so that made me very happy.

But first, a guy walked up to us, we all introduced ourselves and then he started talking to DF, asking questions and whatnot. DF said, "Um, she knows everything." So, the guy started telling me some stuff and I looked at him and said, "I want the Vera Wang suit, all black with a color tie." He said, "Oh, wow, you certainly DO know what you want!" LOL He directed us to the consultant that works in the formal wear/rental area. She asked what we were looking for and I pointed at the Vera Wang suit they had displayed. The mannequin with the suit I wanted was standing right next to me. I said, "That one. In black." She thought I was talking about the tux next to it (and slightly behind me). I said, "No. This one." She said, "In grey." I said, "I want the gray suit, but I want it to be black." She finally understood....thank goodness because I was already getting irritated.

Then she asked some other questions, about the vest, shirt, ties...etc. I told her I wanted everything black except the ties and the ties would all be different colors. I pulled out my swatches. I don't think, at this point, she was really listening because I pulled out all of my swatches to see all the colors together. Anyway, she kept trying to give us colors that are intended for the bride's side. Finally, I just had to put them away.

We went through the colors and here is what we chose....the first picture is the suit (I don't think I've posted one before), second is all of the colors together, BUT the guys will NOT have colored vests. I only took a picture of the vests to see the color against the swatches. Also, DF and I have decided to buy the guys ties because I wanted solid silk ties, but they didn't have anything that met this criteria....at least not unless I paid $40 or more...um, no. I can find them cheaper almost anywhere. We did go ahead with ordering ties to come with the suits just in case we don't find a color, or if we forget to bring someone's, besides it's included anyway.

Menssuit_zps8fa8dc27.jpg

groom_groomsmencolors_zpsc943b07a.jpg

Here is, roughly, what everything will look like together with black jacket, vest and shirt.

DF:
shane_suit386x640_zpsefccb21d.jpg

Best Man: The color I'm thinking is the darker color, and ultimately, it may even end up a little darker...but still in the turquoise family.
bob_suit_zpsd2b33e1c.jpg

Best Man: This will also end up being the darker of the two colors...and again, may end up being a little darker.
bobby_suit_zps8b8e1b24.jpg

My brother, who will be walking me down the isle:
1eabfd22-247e-4a1e-a4cf-256d65f51760_zps4d28c9ca.jpg

I had to cut the girl's nails out of the picture....they were a goldenrod color. :rotfl:

So, here's where the shoes come in! The guys tried on shoes....again, they come with the rental. BUT while they were trying them on I was looking at them all dressy and shiny.....they just look so darn uncomfortable. While my brother was trying on his suit and shoes I said to DF, "I'm thinking....maybe, if you like the idea...of the Converse. Those shoes just look so...." We'd been discussing that option for a while, black Converse for all the guys. He said, "I really like the idea of doing that." I said, "Ok. Because we are doing a rock theme and I just don't like those shoes for a rock theme, but I want to include them for the same reasons as the ties." He said, "Yeah, they don't go, but yes, we should still include them....they come with the rental anyway."

I said, "What about getting the Converse to match the color each will be wearing?" Because we'd also discussed this option, just never come to a decision. Well, I think he needed to see everything together...men are visual creatures. He loved the idea even more in the store. I looked at my mom and said, "Do you think Ben will wear Converse?" She wasn't sure...my brother can be picky sometimes. When my brother came out with the dress shoe on I said, "You may not be wearing those." He looked at me like I was crazy. I said, "We're still going to get them with the rental, but I think we just decided to get you guys matching color Converse. So, yours would be green." A stranger would have thought it was his birthday because he got so excited at this! So, yeah. Colored Converse.

On Monday I texted my girls and asked if they wanted to go shoe shopping. They got really excited too! Everyone loves shoe shopping! I said ALL of that to say this....I will be wearing my pink shoes for some photos. I will, most likely, end up with three pair of shoes. The ivory pictured above, the pink (for some photos on the wedding day as well as the rehearsal dinner and our day after dinner at V&A), and a pair of flats for when my feet just can't take it anymore! :lmao:

In other news, I bought tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party today! Yay, neither of us has ever been, so we're super excited!

Hi :wave: Joining in!

I love all your plans so far! I think the rock theme/multi colour theme is going to be so great and I especially love the idea of the guys wearing the coloured converse too :thumbsup2

You're dress is gorgeous and I love all the shoes! :goodvibes

I cant wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter