Sharli & Shane's Wishes Wedding 12/1/13 WP/GF

Your necklace is gorgeous! It's a real showstopper!

Thank you! I'm hoping it will be a hit.

In other news, one of my girls dropped out. Said it was due to finances, which I understand, but then she attacked me (verbally, over text) and essentially told me I'm a bad friend and have been for quite some time. It got pretty ugly and I won't bore you all by going into it. I've been able to talk through the whole thing with my mom, brother, DF, and my remaining MOH. They are all being very supportive.

I'm thinking about asking another friend to stand up with me, but I'm not really sure how to go about that for two reasons. One, because I'm not sure she's able to go. The last time we spoke she said she would be there if her husband was able to get the time off. The second reason is I'm not sure how to ask is because I don't want her to feel like I'm only asking her to fill the spot. The truth is, I did consider her to stand with me, but DF was concerned with having 3 people standing up with us because he has two brothers-in-law and didn't want to ask just one. So our numbers would need to be either 2 or 4. I chose 2 because I didn't have a fourth girl to ask.

My other issue is the bridesmaid dress. The dress I chose went on sale and is pretty limited in availablity. I went ahead and bought the dress for one of the girls (luckily, it's for the girl staying in the wedding), but I need to ask my other friend pretty quickly if she would be willing to stand with me to make sure I can get the same dress. Ugh, it's all a big mess. Anyway, that's what I delt with all weekend. :crazy2:

I hope everyone else had a much better weekend! :goodvibes

I love your songs! All of them ...
Our first dance is a Coldplay song and we also are using a song from Twilight :)

... I love, love, love your necklace. Looks fantastic!

I love your songs! All of them ...
Our first dance is a Coldplay song and we also are using a song from Twilight :)

... I love, love, love your necklace. Looks fantastic!

Thank you! I'm very happy with the song list. My brother cut the songs to the lengths we needed and took out some stuff for us. Like, because Sea Breeze is a live version, he took out the clapping at the end....oh, how wonderful to have a DJ for a brother. He's always playing around with stuff and has all the software. It only took him a few hours to do everything. :cheer2:

Our first dance is actually going to be a little surprise for DF's dad. We will be using one of his songs. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned he's a musician. Anyway, he has no idea what we're planning, so it will be great to see his face.

As for the necklace, well, I still feel like it needs a little tweaking, but it will get there. :p

I know I said it before but I love the necklace!!! I a so sorry about your friend. It sucks to find out they have been harboring some kind of resentment and you have no idea why. I has it happen to me. I'm sorry :(
I think if you asked another girl to step up, that wouldn't be a problem at all.
I think there was more I was going to comment on? But it may have been on Facebook...

I know I said it before but I love the necklace!!! I a so sorry about your friend. It sucks to find out they have been harboring some kind of resentment and you have no idea why. I has it happen to me. I'm sorry :(
I think if you asked another girl to step up, that wouldn't be a problem at all.
I think there was more I was going to comment on? But it may have been on Facebook...

Thanks again, I'm going to rework the necklace a little, ok a lot. I'm basically going to take the whole thing apart and start over. I got an idea for a better clasp and a better way to put it together from another piece of jewelry I ordered for my MsOH....before the whole dropping out. Actually, I was upset because I'd ordered the jewelry just a couple of days before she dropped out.

Speaking of her, we have since "talked" through some stuff. She apologized for attacking me and the way she went about the entire situation. Our friendship is still shaky, well, it is for me anyway, and will never be the same again. I'm very sorry for that, but everything happens for a reason.

I don't really have any updates right now. I have since gotten the jewelry I ordered for them, but I'm not very happy with one of the pieces. I was expecting a different quality from the picture and was very dissappointed with what I recieved. The picture looks like brushed nickel or silver balls, and what I got was all plastic. I'm going to have a friend's mom look at it and see if she can get it to be what I had envisioned. Of course this means spending more money for materials, but I think it will still be cheaper than shipping it back especially since I'm not happy with the quality anyway, oh, and on top of the bad quality, it was broken when I opened the package. Oh, well, something like that was bound to happen eventually, right?

So, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but we are official for our honeymoon! DF booked and paid for the entire trip a few weeks ago. :cheer2: Now we just need to finish paying for his parents' accomodations and book and pay for my mom and brother's accomodations. We've already bought airfare for ourselves, my mom and my brother. We sent money to his parents for flights, or, if they decide to drive, travel expenses.

In other news, I will be going on my first adventure to find a dress on Saturday. Here's hoping I find it! pixiedust:

So, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but we are official for our honeymoon! DF booked and paid for the entire trip a few weeks ago. :cheer2: Now we just need to finish paying for his parents' accomodations and book and pay for my mom and brother's accomodations. We've already bought airfare for ourselves, my mom and my brother. We sent money to his parents for flights, or, if they decide to drive, travel expenses.

In other news, I will be going on my first adventure to find a dress on Saturday. Here's hoping I find it! pixiedust:

Congrats on the honeymoon booking! Check one more thing off the bridal list. Anything fun planned?? And Good luck with dresses!!! You'll feel like a princess just trying everything on! Soak every second in :teeth: can't wait to hear about it!

Hi! DH and I will be in WDW during your wedding! I don't know anything about the room blocks or how they work (cause we were Escape), but if you need people to fill still, do they have to be staying at the places you picked or what?
We're at BLT from NOV 30-Dec 7, if that would help you, PM me....

Also, what time is your ceremony? Maybe we'll come by and stalk! ;)

Hi! DH and I will be in WDW during your wedding! I don't know anything about the room blocks or how they work (cause we were Escape), but if you need people to fill still, do they have to be staying at the places you picked or what?
We're at BLT from NOV 30-Dec 7, if that would help you, PM me....

Also, what time is your ceremony? Maybe we'll come by and stalk! ;)

Thank you so much! Sent you a PM. :)

Hi Ladies!! (and Gentlemen, if any are reading this)

I am updating today to say I found my dress!!!! I am super excited. Vera did me right! I'm happy to say that the entire wedding party will be wearing Vera Wang. I will post a picture as soon as I can (DF has sort of taken over our home computer since baseball season, and moreover fantasy baseball season, has started :rotfl: ), though if you are a member of the FB page, you probably have already seen it.

I do have a question, ok, questions, regarding welcome bags. We want to do welcome bags for those staying on property, but how exactly does this work? I mean, I know the end result is the guests coming into their rooms to have the bag greet them with lots of goodies. I'm pretty sure we'll have to go around to all the hotels and deliver them to the front desk/concierge to put in the rooms before check in. But should we mail them completed, or put them together when we get there and then deliver them? Where do I mail them? To the planner and then drop by and pick up the box? To the resort we're staying in? I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing this. What about if someone arrives a day or two before me? Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

That is so exciting that you found your dress! I saw it over on FB and it is absolutely gorgeous! And you look fabulous is in it!

For welcome bags we are putting them together once we get to Disney and then handing them over to the lobbies at the hotels. I don't think they will put them in the rooms, just hand them over when the guests check-in. So I suppose if a guest arrived before you, the front desk would just call them and let them know something was waiting for them? That's a good question, though, I hadn't considered someone might check-in before us.

That is so exciting that you found your dress! I saw it over on FB and it is absolutely gorgeous! And you look fabulous is in it!

For welcome bags we are putting them together once we get to Disney and then handing them over to the lobbies at the hotels. I don't think they will put them in the rooms, just hand them over when the guests check-in. So I suppose if a guest arrived before you, the front desk would just call them and let them know something was waiting for them? That's a good question, though, I hadn't considered someone might check-in before us.

:blush: Thank you! I am super excited about my dress. I got to order it 3 sizes smaller because of my weight loss and where I expect to be by the time of the wedding!

Ok, glad to know they hand them out when the guests check in....that makes sense. :rotfl: This makes things much clearer. I just need to figure out where to mail everything. Thanks for your help!!

Ok, I'm going to say the same thing I posted on FB, so I apologize if you've already seen/read this. Please disregard my arms. LOL I'm in the process of losing weight. I know that DF loves me no matter what I look like, but I want to look better for myself. My weight has been something I've struggled with my whole life, so for me, there's no better time than now to tackle it for good! Also, I love my dress and I want to fit in it better!

I only tried on 4 dresses total, and one of those was just to get a better idea of how a corset would look and feel. The first dress, I honestly didn't even think to take a picture of....it had tulle. Tulle everywhere! It was pooling all over the floor around me....and BIG. :rotfl2: I just couldn't, I knew that was not my dress. Here are pictures of the other two that didn't make it:

I love this dress. I would go back and buy it to wear for fun, just shorten it. LOL BUT that brings me to why I ended up not picking this one....because it is exactly like every dress I own. Empire waist. I love empire waist. It hides so much! My MOH, Edna, actually said that she preferred the first dress because it showed off my shape and I never do that....tears began and I had to stop her from making me cry! She was right.

dress1_zps8395693c.jpg

This picture does not even show the entire dress because I really only tried this one on to see how the corset would look and feel. Ultimately, I vetoed this dress for a couple of reasons. Though I like the top, I don't like the deep sweetheart neckline (which, is not even that deep). It's just not for me. I also do not like pickups. Not in my wedding dress. And for the same reason I chose not to go with the empire waist, because I have a dress with pickups in my regular wardrobe. And, let's just be honest, this dress really didn't have a chance.....it's not Vera.

dress2_zps1c6fc9af.jpg

I didn't get "the feeling" when I put it on, but I think that has a lot to do with me pretty much knowing it was the dress when I went in. Of course, I wasn't positive, but I'm pretty good at knowing exactly what I want and what looks good on me.

There is a lot of work to do since I'm short. LOL I am pretty short-waisted, so I'll be having the top part shortened....a lot. When I first put the dress on, the torso came down to well below my hips (which is why it's bunched up at the bottom of the torso). It looked like a trumpet dress, is that the right one? Anyway. This will need to be shortened even more than the picture shows to make me look more balanced. If the skirt part still needs to be taken up after the torso is shortened, they will do this from the inside of the skirt (sort of like doing pick-ups from the inside). This will make the skirt fuller and look more attractive, again helping to balance me out. Next they will add a corset. I'm doing this for two reasons, 1. because I like a corset back better, so for me it, to some extent, has to do with the asthetics of the dress even when I don't have it on, and 2. because it will give me a better looking waistline. I love, love, love what the corset does for me and would pay anything to have one put in my dress. I will also add a slight sweetheart neckline to it, similar to the first dress pictured. Anyway, here is the picture I promised!

THEdress_zps34ac0210.jpg

In other news, I think we're going to try to do a DP after the reception....if we can get it in the budget. I'm hoping we can, I really like the idea of sending everyone off after watching Wishes, especially those who may not be able to stay and go to the parks. This will probably be one of those things that I'm going to ask about, but not let the guests know. I love surprises....giving and getting. :banana:

Ok, I'm going to say the same thing I posted on FB, so I apologize if you've already seen/read this. Please disregard my arms. LOL I'm in the process of losing weight. I know that DF loves me no matter what I look like, but I want to look better for myself. My weight has been something I've struggled with my whole life, so for me, there's no better time than now to tackle it for good! Also, I love my dress and I want to fit in it better!

I only tried on 4 dresses total, and one of those was just to get a better idea of how a corset would look and feel. The first dress, I honestly didn't even think to take a picture of....it had tulle. Tulle everywhere! It was pooling all over the floor around me....and BIG. :rotfl2: I just couldn't, I knew that was not my dress. Here are pictures of the other two that didn't make it:

I love this dress. I would go back and buy it to wear for fun, just shorten it. LOL BUT that brings me to why I ended up not picking this one....because it is exactly like every dress I own. Empire waist. I love empire waist. It hides so much! My MOH, Edna, actually said that she preferred the first dress because it showed off my shape and I never do that....tears began and I had to stop her from making me cry! She was right.

dress1_zps8395693c.jpg

This picture does not even show the entire dress because I really only tried this one on to see how the corset would look and feel. Ultimately, I vetoed this dress for a couple of reasons. Though I like the top, I don't like the deep sweetheart neckline (which, is not even that deep). It's just not for me. I also do not like pickups. Not in my wedding dress. And for the same reason I chose not to go with the empire waist, because I have a dress with pickups in my regular wardrobe. And, let's just be honest, this dress really didn't have a chance.....it's not Vera.

dress2_zps1c6fc9af.jpg

I didn't get "the feeling" when I put it on, but I think that has a lot to do with me pretty much knowing it was the dress when I went in. Of course, I wasn't positive, but I'm pretty good at knowing exactly what I want and what looks good on me.

There is a lot of work to do since I'm short. LOL I am pretty short-waisted, so I'll be having the top part shortened....a lot. When I first put the dress on, the torso came down to well below my hips (which is why it's bunched up at the bottom of the torso). It looked like a trumpet dress, is that the right one? Anyway. This will need to be shortened even more than the picture shows to make me look more balanced. If the skirt part still needs to be taken up after the torso is shortened, they will do this from the inside of the skirt (sort of like doing pick-ups from the inside). This will make the skirt fuller and look more attractive, again helping to balance me out. Next they will add a corset. I'm doing this for two reasons, 1. because I like a corset back better, so for me it, to some extent, has to do with the asthetics of the dress even when I don't have it on, and 2. because it will give me a better looking waistline. I love, love, love what the corset does for me and would pay anything to have one put in my dress. I will also add a slight sweetheart neckline to it, similar to the first dress pictured. Anyway, here is the picture I promised!

THEdress_zps34ac0210.jpg

In other news, I think we're going to try to do a DP after the reception....if we can get it in the budget. I'm hoping we can, I really like the idea of sending everyone off after watching Wishes, especially those who may not be able to stay and go to the parks. This will probably be one of those things that I'm going to ask about, but not let the guests know. I love surprises....giving and getting. :banana:

Hi. I'm going to say the same thing here that I said on FB. You are a beautiful woman! STOP being so hard on yourself. Obviously your fiancee sees how beautiful you are. You need to see the same! I don't mean to preach, but we women are just too darn hard on ourselves. You're beautiful now and you're going to be a beautiful bride! Enjoy this time, it only comes around once.

As you know I love your dress and I think it will look awesome with the corset back. The downside of being Facebook friends is that we forget each others PJs. You are going to be a beautiful bride. I realized I tried that dress on the more I looked at it! It was one of the two I really liked until they put me in my dress.
I love DPs. Are you thinking Sago Cay or the GF Marina. I love Wishes!
I will talk to you later. I'm sure Candy Crush will give us many more headaches in the days to come!

Aww, you can tell from your face how much you love your dress (especially compared to the other two)! That's so wonderful!

A surprise Wishes DP sounds amazing. Fingers crossed you can fit it in! In my opinion, it's such a uniquely Disney event it's worth a few other cuts elsewhere to fit it in. :goodvibes

Your dress is gorgeous! I saw it posted on FB as well, but it was fun to see the ones that didn't make the cut. I have to admit, I thought the second dress looked lovely on you. Whoever made a corset dress is okay in my book! I've struggled a long time with my weight too, so I thought an empire/ A-Line dress would be the only ones I would have to choose from because they would make me look semi-decent. lol. I'm glad we both stepped out of our comfort zones!!! :goodvibesBut you can just tell how you LIGHT UP in that VW! She did you right! It's absolutely beautiful. You look like a princess!

Thanks everyone. I'm so excited about my dress.

I emailed this morning about the dessert party, hopefully that will be a go. We are hoping to get Sago Cay for Wishes viewing. :)

OH! :crazy2: I was in the middle of posting and my internet window shut down. LOL

Anyway, I also bought some shoes! I'm not sure if they will be the ones for the wedding, I'll have to make sure the color matches, but at least I have something! I should get them late this week or next week. Here is a picture:

shoes_zpse29aa58d.jpg

The day I bought my dress I was talking to my MOH and told her I was toying with the idea of having one, or both, girls (I do plan on having two girls) with a faux hawk. She loved this idea and started looking for inspiration. Here is the one that intrigued me...I would soften it by only having one or two braids on the side (so not as much scalp is visible), not using bobby pins to keep it in line, and most likely curling it. Here is the photo:

bridesmaidhair1_zps2e4fcac4.jpg

Here are a few other inspiration photos:

bridesmaidhair3_zps88079809.jpg

bridesmaidhair4_zpsded60f02.jpg

bridesmaidhair2_zps7ef69854.jpg

I like the last one as a possibility for myself, but this one is my main inspiration for my hair:

hair_zpsd9d7ec00.png

On the necklace front, I have bought a new clasp and completely disassembled the necklace. I know, sad day. Mostly because I realized that this task is better left to a professional....or at the very least someone that has done this before. I started trying to create the piece again and it was a no go. I want the back to look pretty for pictures since I'm planning on my hair being up, but I just don't have the patience to do all of this. SO, I'm going to hand everything over to a friend who has a couple of family members that make jewelry. I'm really hoping they can do something with it all. They will also be creating a necklace for my MOH, since I wasn't happy with the one I got on Etsy. I'll be sure to post pictures of them once they're done to my satisfaction.

I think that's about it for now! I hope you all have a fantastic day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter