Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

Glad you are off to a great start on your Dream cruise! :cheer2:

You have so many fabulous trips planned. I can't wait to see all of your pictures. So nice of you to let us "tag along".

I hope you are having a fantastic time on your cruise. Congratulations on getting the Poly bungalow and on booking a cruise on the Fantasy. Have you given up on the idea of a Panama Canal cruise in 2017. We did Trader Sam's once Graham had joined me at Walt Disney World. We liked it, but it is very different from the one at Disneyland. It is completely outdoors and we were all by ourselves for most of our time there.

Corinna

Have a wonderful time this week. Looks like we miss you by a month on the Fantasy.

That is good news that you got the Sigma 35mm 1.4. You will enjoy that lens and I will have to get one one day to replace the Nikon 35mm f/1.8.

The sad part is I'm still waiting for it.

That is correct. I am leaving today to SoCal and I should be in there this afternoon. This is one of those last second trips which is good to go down. Glad to go down and see the Halloween decorations and to ride the DLRR, Mark Twain and Tom Sawyer Island until they are closed next year for SWL. The weather will be hot this weekend but I don't mind that.

It was nice seeing you!

There were a lot of different stands that sold different merchandise and the Star Wars dresses were very nice. Glad that you were able to go and walk through the Disneyland the Exhibit that Friday where there were a lot of neat Disneyland collectibles. I thought the Disneyland #1 ticket was the neatest of the exhibit. I should have stayed longer but it was a long day where I was tired and DAF was not with me. The Disney Store was one of the stores that I missed out and I still regret of not going in on that day but this is where you have to choose what you want to do during the Expo.

SH55 dinner looked amazing. After seeing your pics, I will have to consider it.

That's the thing with the Expo. You have to pick and choose. No way to do it all.

Those Star Wars dresses are super cute!

Your dinner looks amazing! It's so nice that Chef Marcel takes care of you so well! You had great dinner companions as well.

Jill in CO

I really wished I could have fit into the other two dresses, but as you will see on the cruise TR, I have a number of other cool dresses too! Can't wait to go back and have another meal with Marcel, but that will have to wait a few pounds. :rolleyes1

Ah the memories of Inner Space and the Electrical Parade, I miss them.

Dinner at Steakhouse 55 looked great.

Inner space was such a cool ride! At least you can still see MSEP at WDW. I'm going to need to cook my own means for a while, but yes S55 was great!

Please don't clean the house on my account!

Cute Star Wars skirt.

What big picture did you get? On that note what was in all the bags??? :)

Well, we didn't! :rotfl2: And you saw the picture, yourself!

That Tsum Tsum dress must have weighed a ton!

That's what I was thinking.

The Disneyland exhibit looked very nice.

Dinner looked mighty scrumptious.

The DL exhibit was very cool, and it was very scrumptious!

I enjoyed the Archives exhibit. I really liked some of the stuff they have discontinued. Like the Electric Light Parade. I know they had to update it to include the newer movies but, I walk around singing the song from the Electric Light Parade. I can't remember the tune to the Light the Night Parade and I saw it twice.

I love :love: the song from the new parade! I totally go around singing it in my head! But then I couldn't stand the theme from the old parade.

Those were some interesting costumes; the Mary/Bert, how clever and the Tsum Tsum dress. I can't see buying all those stuffed animals and then doing that with them but, very creative!

There were lots more creative costumes, I just forgot to take pictures. Much like on my cruise!

And the meal at Steakhouse 55!! I wish I could have eaten every bite of that meal!!! I wanted to go there this time but, ran out of time. Only had 4 days. We ate at La Tratorria for the first time, had to get my Monte Cristo and we did the Plaza Inn and the Story Tellers at the Grand Calif. I love their breakfast!! I still haven't done SH 55 or Napa Rose!

I think that is the hardest part of DL, not fitting in all the rides, but fitting in all the food. There are so many great places to eat for such a small place!

Yeah the lightsaber skirt was the best garment anyway it is super cool. How great to wear it to Palo's! Perfect. Swish swish. Imagine if when you walked it had the sound of the light sabers swishing...

That would be so cool if they could build in that effect!

I love Walts badge. Grilled cheese lunch with bacon sounds nice. Yum to dinner looks just up my alley. That costume is funny with both chatacters on it!

It was all great!

Aladdin def we will see, we loved it on our last trip and for sure want to see it before it's gone.

I booked the the Fantasmic dinner package at BB for the 24th (only day during the stay that it is playing) as we have never seen it!

I hope that you enjoyed your trip! I really would have loved to come out and meet you, but being gone and all. Yesterday I was so tired, and I still haven't finished unpacking!

Internet on our trip- ugg I need to figure this out - our Canadian cell plans are highway robbery when we travel- I need to figure out what the options are stat tho! I can always text, I don't think that is too ridiculous

I didn't realize you were from Canada, so that makes a difference as your cell phone plans don't work in our country.

Love the light sabre skirt! SH55 looks as fab as always

Can't wait to read about your cruise!

I've already written the first couple updates! Just need to catch up here before starting another TR! I think I've caught up on everyone else's TRs!

I would have loved to do this. What a shame that this was not available in time for our trip.

That's too bad. I can't wait to try it! I have so many great meals planned for that trip, and I just booked a couple more!

You will have to keep me posted on this.

Most definitely!

We saw the same costume or at least a very similar one at Mickey's Halloween Party on September 30th.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was a local, and if I made a costume that cool, I would want to get all the mileage I could out of it!

Dinner looks amazing! Steakhouse 55 is really something special.

In case I miss you before Pam arrives and the cruise: Bon voyage! Have a wonderful drink filled fabulous cruise!

It really is a great restaurant now that Marcel is in charge. We did have a wonderful cruise. And it was full of drinks! :drinking:

Ok... I know I quoted more than this but the Dis was being buggy with me. And I'm lazy. So we'll go with what I've got.

Anyway, I'm glad you managed to make it over to D23, even if just for one day and not attending any sessions. And thanks for the quick photo tour!

You seem to be having a lot of trouble with the whole multi quote thing! Glad you enjoyed the quick photo tour of the Expo.

Wow... half an hour just to get into the store!!!

That's the thing with the Expo, there is a line for everything. Pretty much.

That. Is. Awesome.

HEY!!! You and Fran should turn your scooters into an X-Wing and a TIE Fighter and follow each other around making laser gun noises!!!

:rotfl2: I like that idea! :thumbsup2

I kind of like that. I mean, I wouldn't want them to change Main Street USA into this or anything. But I think it is kind of a neat idea and I'd like to see a park designed like this.

I think it also has to do with the cultural differences in Asia. For Americans we all relate to the Main Street USA concept, but I think they felt they needed to change it up for Shanghai since they obviously have different frames of reference than we do.

Ok. I'm a Disney fan, but I don't know my castle architecture 100%. Is that a version of Cinderella castle?

I'm not sure. Magdalene seemed to know a lot more about this as she spoke to one of the imagineers. She mentioned that the ride with the Tangled scene was going to be inside this castle.

Seriously? That movie gets a ride over there but all WDW can do is a stinkin' restroom?

:rotfl2: I still have yet to visit the Tangled Tinkle Spot.

That Rapunzel mosaic just looks odd. I mean it looks like she's projectile vomiting. :rotfl2:

I had similar thoughts.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :rolleyes1

Your dinner looks great. I'm glad that Chef Marcel took good care of you, as usual.

:rotfl2: He always takes great care of us. And my growing waistline. :teeth:

I like that skirt a lot! Very cool.

Me too. Sad story though. I must have eaten too much at S55.

Excellent work.:thumbsup2

Thanks!

Allrighty then.

Right-O!

Say what?! There's a restaurant in there??

Before you could have said that, but now with the floor to ceiling windows highlighting the diners going to and fro. Not so much.

I still thought it was fun...

It is. As long as you enjoy whiplash.

Awesome! That's an art project I can fully support.

I would have liked to have seen it once complete.

Sure they were...:rolleyes1

She will have to confirm.
puke.gif

Figures.

Good for you! I have to admit, squash is one of those foods I just can't get down. Tasteless goo. Yuck!

That's one of my favorite vegetable families!

I'm glad you were able to meet them both and have a great time with them!

We did. I hope to do it again in the future, maybe in Europe!

YAY! Congratulations.

Great news! Glad it worked out.

Both trips are going to be great, and hopefully even more! We have a lot of canceled trips to make up for!

I'm looking forward to this one a LOT!

Me too! A whole bunch of books on New Orleans arrived while we were gone so we need to start working on planning that one!

Have a great trip. Catch you at the other end.

I'm baaaaaack!

catching up ........

have a great trip/cruise !

Thanks! We did!

Love the sabre skirt !

Me too! But my waist doesn't. :sad2:

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Thanks!

Have the best time cruisin' and look after the Wonder for us :-)

We took good care of her!

Well I was only 12 pages behind.... Vacations are so much fun, but so much to catch up on upon return.

So much happened in those 12 pages, I cant begin to comment, but you sure had a lot of fun!

Enjoy your cruise, and i will catch you back on the return.

Well you had a great trip! I saw it on FB! Welcome back! Be sure to join me on that TR, which will be coming up soon!

Congrats on the 2017 cruise! I love booking things! Make sure you look at rebooking onboard to get the OBC and discount.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!!

Of course we did, there will be more on that later!

Have a great cruise!

You have some great trips coming up...can't wait to hear all about them!

Jill in CO

I can't wait to take all these great trips!

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Anytime! Thanks for stopping by!

You have got some AWESOME trips in the making!! Can't wait to hear all about it. Where is your river cruise?

Have a great cruise and enjoy your vacation! :wave2:

Thank you and especially for all the tips! Our riverboat Cruise is down the Mississippi from Memphis to New Orleans. This is going to be a totally new and great experience!

Wishing you an amazing vacation here as well!! I am looking forward to hearing lots of stories of blissful relaxation on your cruise!!

Thank you very much!

Have a magical cruise ladies!

Thanks so much Jenny!

I'm so glad all these plans are coming together--I'm excited for you. One of the times, I hope to overlap a trip or two with you...

One of these days hopefully it will work out!

I think you might have already left, but I hope you have a great time!

I think I saw this before the ship actually took off! Thanks so much!

Geez - somehow I missed you were leaving on your cruise.

Oh well belated Bon Voyage!!!

Well, stuff happens, but we had a great trip, now to tell all about it!

I think they are boarding around now!

View attachment 129249

This is a screenshot of the San Diego harbor webcam from right now with the Wonder!

http://sundiegolive.com (the image is changing around, sometimes it shows other areas of the harbour...)

This was really cool to see just before leaving port!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you very much!

Sounds like a perfect start to the cruise!! Enjoy the Drink of the Day!!! And go and buy it at the pool bar at the adult pool. There they make it fresh and are usually generous with the alcohol!! :thumbsup2

I ended up having quite a few of these!

Have a fantastic cruise!

Jill in CO

Thanks!!!!!!!

Hope you and Fran have a great time on the cruise.

Thanks!
Glad you are off to a great start on your Dream cruise! :cheer2:

You have so many fabulous trips planned. I can't wait to see all of your pictures. So nice of you to let us "tag along".

Actually the Dream Cruise is in December! This was our Wonder Cruise! Link should be coming up shortly!

I hope you are having a fantastic time on your cruise. Congratulations on getting the Poly bungalow and on booking a cruise on the Fantasy. Have you given up on the idea of a Panama Canal cruise in 2017. We did Trader Sam's once Graham had joined me at Walt Disney World. We liked it, but it is very different from the one at Disneyland. It is completely outdoors and we were all by ourselves for most of our time there.

Corinna

We ended up changing things all around. We were supposed to go to DLP last month and when that didn't happen, all the major trips sort of got all stirred up. So no PC in 2017, but maybe 2018 if the Wonder is still doing them then. Everything is so screwy with the Canal being behind schedule and all. They keep putting off the major rehabs to the Wonder so it can still go through the canal.

Trader Sams doesn't sound nearly as fun as the one here, but we'll still have to try it!

Have a wonderful time this week. Looks like we miss you by a month on the Fantasy.

Yup. You'll have to warm her up for us!

Have a great Cruise!!

Thank you!

Ok, found ya! Will do my best to visit as I can.... Meantime, BON VOYAGE!!!

:welcome: I hope you find the time in between your studies to drop by!

Can't wait to see cruise pics.......:rolleyes1 :flower3:

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny, always jumping the gun! :rotfl2: The cruise TR is coming, but you won't be happy for a few updates. We didn't get many pictures of ourselves until the cruise you were supposed to be on, and the weather for the 1st sailaway was crappy. :lmao:

Goodness this feels like forever. I suppose it is not that long ago since I was in California, but it must have been about a month since Fran ordered the lens.

Corinna

You're telling me! We need to call them again. The first time we called they said it should be here around the 13th of October. That came and went, but we were too busy getting ready for the cruise to worry about it. Now, I want my lens!

Well I’m back and all caught up on replies and I believe that I’m also caught up on everyone else’s Trip Reports! Thanks for not posting too many updates while I was gone, catching up wasn’t too bad. I did keep up a little bit on the cruise as we bought the internet package and so I was able to do a little bit of reading while we were relaxing at the pool or in the room.

So before I start the next trip report, I thought I would bring you folks up to date with the current plans on upcoming trips. Only 41 days until the next vacation! Woohoo! I say next vacation because we are actually only 9 days away from the next trip. I’m not sure if I told you folks, but when we went up to visit my parents last summer, Fran arranged to purchase a guys Disney collection from his storage unit. Sight unseen. There were about 50 boxes and we crammed it all into a rented storage van to drive it home. Well all but about 10 boxes.

So next week we are going up to get the last 10 boxes. It also gives us a chance to see my parents and we’ll be there over my Dad’s birthday. I’m not sure he’ll want to do much to celebrate. He’s not a big celebrating kind of guy, but at least we’ll be there.

So back to 41 days until next vacation. If you remember, this is us rescheduling the April trip except I switched it up. We are taking the Cruise on the Dream first then going to WDW. It’s all working out. We get to use up the airfare that we had “purchased” for the April trip, and I’ll get to see the last incarnation of the Osborne Lights. I’ve made a few changes. Mostly to our dining reservations. I added a few, and now I just have to make a few more decisions. I wanted to try and get a reservation at the Boathouse on Friday night instead of cooking dinner in the room, but try getting a Friday night reservation in Disney Springs. What was I thinking? Instead I made a lunch reservation for the day that we leave. Here is what the plan looks like

Sunday, Dec 6 – Fly to MCO, stay at the Hyatt

Monday, Dec 7 – Disney transportation to the Dream, 4 night cruise with stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay. We’ll be trying Remy Dinner and Brunch for the first time on this cruise.

Friday, Dec 11 – Disembark and head to SSR at WDW.
Lunch at Epcot, TBD
Hopefully meet up with Mark and Julie
FP+ for SE, TT, and MS
Dinner back in the room

Saturday, Dec 12
FP+ at DHS, ST, ToT, TSMM, RnRC will be single rider line
1:30 Beaches & Cream, check out Epcot Resort decorations
Naptime
7:00 Wolfgang Puck Grand Café

Sunday, Dec 13
10:15 Brunch at Narcoosee’s
Check out decorations at Monorail Resorts, or if we want FP+ HM, PotC, 7DMT
7:30PM Dinner at Morimoto Asia

Monday, Dec 14
FP+ Character Pals, SE
12:30 San Angel Lunch
FP+ TT
Naptime
Check out Osbourne Lights
7:50PM 50’s Prime Time Café

Tuesday, Dec 15
9:30AM Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
FP+ PotC, HM, 7DMT (This is the real day that I wanted them)
Naptime
7:30PM Flying Fish Café

Wednesday, Dec 16
Check out of the hotel and send luggage to the airport
11:30 The Boathouse Lunch
2PM DME back to the airport

I feel like the cruise that we just went on was an appetizer for this vacation! Now we got the rest that we needed so we’ll have fun in a little over a month!

And just 146 days away is our trip down the Mississippi River on a Steamboat! We spend one night in Memphis before boarding the boat for seven nights cruising down to New Orleans. Every day there is a new stop with interesting sights to see and historical places. Then we get three days and nights in the Big Easy. We haven’t planned much of what we’re going to do there, but we have a whole bunch of guide books to sort through over the next few months!

Then there is the Naked Jim redo trip. We are rapidly approaching our 180 day mark, so I need to nail down where we want to eat and when! Next weekend I can make those reservations. And in less than a month, I can book my F&W 2016 trip to WDW.

Now you all know about the Fantasy Cruise that we booked for 2017, but while we were on the Wonder, we stopped by the Future Cruise desk to see what they could do for us. Turns out, we were able to get a $400 discounted rate off the price that I paid on opening day, plus a $200 OBC! That’s an overall savings of $600. We got the room next door to the room I originally booked. For some reason they couldn’t get the exact room, but that’s OK. I’ve never been on the Fantasy, so I don’t have favorite rooms like I do on the Wonder.

But here’s the BIG news! You can book one future cruise per sailing, but since we were on a B2B we could book two different cruises, so we’re going to Alaska in July of 2016, AND we booked a room for my parents to come along too! They haven’t actually confirmed that they do want to come along, but they have until March to make up their minds. We told them the cruise was on us, all they had to do was get to Vancouver.

So there you have it our whole BFP for the next year and a half, should be a fun one! I’ll be back with a link to the new TR as soon as I get it posted!

Was there anything interesting in the guy's boxes of Disney collection? 50 boxes!? Must be like Christmas!

You just came home from a cruise and only 41 days until your cruise on The Dream!! and trip to DW in Dec.!!! That is a great time to go to DW, before the kids get out for winter/Christmas break. ::yes:: Glad you will get to see the Osborn lights. So sad they are discontinuing that. I went last Dec. and saw it for the first - and only time. Are they taking out the Streets of America with all the changes to HS? Aren't they changing the name to that park too?

Then the Mississippi cruise?! I'm a big fan of Mark Twain and think I would enjoy that trip.

Then the Flower and Garden show in April? Am I getting all this straight?

Then a cruise to Alaska. Is that a Disney cruise?

AND a cruise on Disney's Fantasy in 2017? Congratulations on saving $600!

What a great life you have! Can't wait to see the pictures from your cruise!!

Was there anything interesting in the guy's boxes of Disney collection? 50 boxes!? Must be like Christmas!

There was plenty of interesting stuff. We actually sorted through all the boxes before driving down. He didn't pack the stuff very well, at least for driving. We had to wrap things in another layer of newspaper. We ended up using all my parents newspaper and then some. We are going to sell a lot of it, but we need to get more educated in Disneyana. Some of the stuff sold for a couple hundred dollars on eBay (someone else sold), and that was for one set (a Beauty and the Beast tea set). There was some really cool stuff and some junky stuff too. We'll have to go through it once we're back from my parents, and when we get the old house cleaned out.

You just came home from a cruise and only 41 days until your cruise on The Dream!! and trip to DW in Dec.!!! That is a great time to go to DW, before the kids get out for winter/Christmas break. ::yes:: Glad you will get to see the Osborn lights. So sad they are discontinuing that. I went last Dec. and saw it for the first - and only time. Are they taking out the Streets of America with all the changes to HS? Aren't they changing the name to that park too?

Well we have to make up for no trips for the last year! You're not going to like why they are taking out the Streets of America. You're already complaining about it at DL. :rolleyes1

Then the Mississippi cruise?! I'm a big fan of Mark Twain and think I would enjoy that trip.

I'm not sure how much of Mark Twain stuff gets covered, but we are major Civil War people, and there is a lot of those sites covered on this route.

Then the Flower and Garden show in April? Am I getting all this straight?

Yup. You've got the gist of it!

Then a cruise to Alaska. Is that a Disney cruise?

Of course, how else could we have booked it at the Future Cruise deck!

AND a cruise on Disney's Fantasy in 2017? Congratulations on saving $600!

That will make ship #4 in my sailings.

What a great life you have! Can't wait to see the pictures from your cruise!!

We have 2001-2006 to make up for. If you know what went on then, you wouldn't think it was such a great life. I just hope my parents age more gracefully than Fran's did.

The sad part is I'm still waiting for it.

It was nice seeing you!

That's the thing with the Expo. You have to pick and choose. No way to do it all.

That is a while since you ordered it a few weeks ago. Hopefully you will get it shortly.

It was nice seeing you a few weeks ago. Hope you and Fran enjoyed the tails. What way did you cook them?

True. You have to select what you want to do especially you can't do everything at the Expo.

I can't wait to hear your adventures on the DCL. It won't be to long until your WDW trip. It is nice to be back but it want the same.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! Your December plans look good. We are coming out on the 14th December going on the Dream on 24th Dec for a 4 night cruise over Christmas. Can't wait. Is yours a Christmas themed one too? We also can't wait to see the resort decs. Did you see new The Osborne lights dessert party? Plus the new Magic Bands you can design yourseld in TL in MK? Too cool. We are doing a Minnie's HollyWood and Vine as well. You got to get in the spirit of it! Well done for bagging a Beaches and Cream. I haven't managed to get one of those. If we were at SSR like we usually are we would swing by and say hello. We are at the VWL those 3 nights we managed to get waitlisted. Then at SSR after you leave.

Fran arranged to purchase a guys Disney collection from his storage unit. Sight unseen.
Any good surprises out of that collection? I see there were a few Mickey waffle makers. :rotfl:

It also gives us a chance to see my parents and we’ll be there over my Dad’s birthday. I’m not sure he’ll want to do much to celebrate. He’s not a big celebrating kind of guy, but at least we’ll be there.
So there won't be some kind of full blown, weekend long celebration in a villa somewhere?

We haven’t planned much of what we’re going to do there, but we have a whole bunch of guide books to sort through over the next few months!
It's New Orleans. You drink and fill in the gaps with historic stuff. Right? :confused3

Now you all know about the Fantasy Cruise that we booked for 2017, but while we were on the Wonder, we stopped by the Future Cruise desk to see what they could do for us. Turns out, we were able to get a $400 discounted rate off the price that I paid on opening day, plus a $200 OBC! That’s an overall savings of $600. We got the room next door to the room I originally booked. For some reason they couldn’t get the exact room, but that’s OK. I’ve never been on the Fantasy, so I don’t have favorite rooms like I do on the Wonder.
Wow! That's awesome! I'm glad they were able to do that for you.

But here’s the BIG news! You can book one future cruise per sailing, but since we were on a B2B we could book two different cruises, so we’re going to Alaska in July of 2016, AND we booked a room for my parents to come along too! They haven’t actually confirmed that they do want to come along, but they have until March to make up their minds. We told them the cruise was on us, all they had to do was get to Vancouver.
Sounds like fun. I mean if they don't want to go, I think I could afford a flight to Vancouver. :rolleyes1

You've got some great travel plans! Whoo Hoo for the savings on the 2017 cruise!

Jill in CO

We ended up changing things all around. We were supposed to go to DLP last month and when that didn't happen, all the major trips sort of got all stirred up. So no PC in 2017, but maybe 2018 if the Wonder is still doing them then. Everything is so screwy with the Canal being behind schedule and all. They keep putting off the major rehabs to the Wonder so it can still go through the canal.

This is kind of exciting to read because I have mentally penciled in the the 2018 WBPC cruise on my calendar...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter