Shanghai Disneyland Grand Opening Trip Planning Thread

Did anyone else notice his/her creditcard charges made on March 27/28 missing from their statement? They showed up for 7 days as being 'reserved' but the payments weren't finalized. I called to Shanghai several times and they stated that my payments were successful. My creditcard company says the payments were never finalized by Shanghai Disney Resort and that I haven't been charged? Anyone else noticed the same thing?

Did anyone else notice his/her creditcard charges made on March 27/28 missing from their statement? They showed up for 7 days as being 'reserved' but the payments weren't finalized. I called to Shanghai several times and they stated that my payments were successful. My creditcard company says the payments were never finalized by Shanghai Disney Resort and that I haven't been charged? Anyone else noticed the same thing?

I'll definitely be doing a TR as well :thumbsup2

Mines done the same thing I thought it was strange yesterday it was still pending now the money is back on my card. This is not good will have to call them eek

I've just been chatting with SDL on live chat, and they have assured me that all my bookings are safe. I guess it's just taking some time for them to get through all the payments made in the mad rush. I may also call my bank to see if there's any hold-up on their end, just in case.

Now in other exciting news...

I got my Opening Day ticket!!! Heard a rumour that there were some more available this morning, so went online to check (thinking of course that it would be too late), and there they were. The transaction went through and now waiting in 'My Tickets'.

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Yep, I'm excited!

I've just been chatting with SDL on live chat, and they have assured me that all my bookings are safe. I guess it's just taking some time for them to get through all the payments made in the mad rush. I may also call my bank to see if there's any hold-up on their end, just in case.

Thanks to those who checked! VISA told me they only have a maximum of 7 days to finalize a payment from the moment they pre-authorize your card in case of an online payment. If they haven't made the final charge by then the customer will need to authorize them again. I really hope they're still charging me (despite the 7 days) or that my bookings are at least safe. The SHDR-hotline just keeps telling me that my payments were successful...

I'm parlaying a 7 day Tokyo trip (3 days in TDLR) with a 6 day Shanghai trip (3 days in ShDLR), coming from Miami, FL as life long Disney-philes. We've (DD14 and I) visited WDW countless times and DLR in Cali twice, including this year's Diamond Celebration. It's a personal 'bucket list' agenda to visit as many, if not all, Disney Parks on the 3rd Rock, so it just kind of fell into place this Asian Adventure. Now for the semantics...after luckily snagging ressies at Toy Story from June 26 through 28th (3 nights, Sunday-Tuesday), I had to change my pre-purchased 1 and 2 day tickets (it's the only way they sell the tickets) for alternate dates. Their policy is only allowing 1 exchange per ticket, so I spent 35 minutes (at $3.50/minute international rate charge) requesting the exchange which was assured to me by the Chinese Customer service rep was taken care of. After further review, no ticket exchange was executed, only about $120 of lost money in a futile ticket exchange, which is allowed by the Resort. Long story short, be careful with ShDLR trip planning, as they are literally breaking the ice on a monumental vacation resort destination. Are you willing to roll the dice...???

Now in other exciting news...

I got my Opening Day ticket!!! Heard a rumour that there were some more available this morning, so went online to check (thinking of course that it would be too late), and there they were. The transaction went through and now waiting in 'My Tickets'.

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Yep, I'm excited!

Thanks to those who checked! VISA told me they only have a maximum of 7 days to finalize a payment from the moment they pre-authorize your card in case of an online payment. If they haven't made the final charge by then the customer will need to authorize them again. I really hope they're still charging me (despite the 7 days) or that my bookings are at least safe. The SHDR-hotline just keeps telling me that my payments were successful...

I spoke to them on chat today they told me I must call immediately I called and spoke to a CM who had no idea what I was talking about, I asked for a manager the manager has checked and said everything is fine with my tickets they show as processed and paid on their system.
They asked if i received an email confirmation I didn't I printed it when I placed my order. Did anyone else get an email? They are emailing it to me they said it will take 3 days.

This is really strange they have no idea why the money is back on my card when their system shows paid and finalised.

I got an email confirmation right away.

I got an email confirmation right away.

Oh gosh I wonder why I didn't yesterday when I was trying to log in it kept telling me my password was incorrect I tried getting an email sent to reset it and that didn't come through either I spoke to the, on chat they said they were having system problems I just assumed it was that.

I spoke to them on chat today they told me I must call immediately I called and spoke to a CM who had no idea what I was talking about, I asked for a manager the manager has checked and said everything is fine with my tickets they show as processed and paid on their system.
They asked if i received an email confirmation I didn't I printed it when I placed my order. Did anyone else get an email? They are emailing it to me they said it will take 3 days.

This is really strange they have no idea why the money is back on my card when their system shows paid and finalised.

I did receive my confirmation for the hotel, not for my tickets however. I experienced the same thing on the hotline and I'm starting to think I'll have two free nights at the SDLH since they are apparently incapable to figure this out. I guess some accountant will several months from June.... Very, very strange!

Long story short, be careful with ShDLR trip planning, as they are literally breaking the ice on a monumental vacation resort destination. Are you willing to roll the dice...???

If I wasn't going to Opening Day, I'd give it a year to get all the bugs fixed before I bothered to go. For Opening Day, I'm willing to cope with a bit of chaos.

I'm sure you will have a very enjoyable trip in the end. Did you consider adding in Hong Kong while you're over there?

I got booking confirmations emailed immediately for the hotel bookings, but nothing for the tickets. I'm not too concerned about the tickets though - they're safely in my 'My Tickets' and I've printed them out ready to go!

Thank you hb1900 and everyone else for posting about your credit card statements!! I thought I was the only one. The charge for my DLH reservation showed up on my credit card for a week and then just dropped off. I have been trying to work with my cc company and they said I need to contact SDR. It looks like my cc company rejected the payment. They told me the same thing...that China did not complete the payment. I am glad to hear that you guys were basically told the same thing. I have the email with the confirmation and payment information. When I go to the Shanghai site I still see my reservation. My reservation is for December, so hopefully everything will be worked out before then. In the meantime I look forward to learning from everyone that will be visiting the park before me.

If I wasn't going to Opening Day, I'd give it a year to get all the bugs fixed before I bothered to go. For Opening Day, I'm willing to cope with a bit of chaos.

I'm sure you will have a very enjoyable trip in the end. Did you consider adding in Hong Kong while you're over there?

I got booking confirmations emailed immediately for the hotel bookings, but nothing for the tickets. I'm not too concerned about the tickets though - they're safely in my 'My Tickets' and I've printed them out ready to go!
Shanghai is actually the second leg of my Asian adventure. Going to Tokyo and Tokyo Disney on our first leg.

Thanks for the info!

For the tickets I booked on March 28th I never got any email confirmation and the charge on the credit card was reserved but has disappeared now. They still show under "My tickets" and I can print them out, though.

I didn't book the hotels until April 1st so that charge is still showing on my card. We'll see if it also drops after a week. I did get confirmation emails for the hotels right away.

This development isn't good. It worries me. I really don't think Disney will be giving us free stuff. I hope they find a way to charge the credit cards in arrears and not just void any tickets and hotel bookings where the payment didn't go through... This isn't our fault! Our credit cards approved the transactions. It's Disney's fault (actually their payment processing provider) for not actually making the charge yet.

Is there anyone here who booked tickets or hotels and whose credit card charge is still showing after a week?

Felix

Yes, all my charges from the 28th are still on hold, showing as 'authorisation only'.

Thanks, it's interesting that for you the authorization is longer than one week. But it also sounds like it was only authorized and not actually charged yet. If I were you I'd keep an eye on the transaction every few days to see if it gets charged. Please let us know how things progress.

Felix

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter