Shades of Green Question

shburks

DIS Veteran
I have a friend going to Disney planning to stay at SOG. Large party--one is retired military and one active duty whose rank is lower than the retired members. They booked several rooms based on the active duty (E-5) pay rank. However, SOG says you cannot book a room for other eligible members.

If retired member doesn't show his ID, would SOG know he was retired military? Not trying to get around rules as the friend didn't know that...just don't want them to get "busted" once they arrive and have to pay more than they expected.

Thanks!

Integrity is doing the right thing even when no body is watching, and as retired military I would hope he has integrity.

I have a friend going to Disney planning to stay at SOG. Large party--one is retired military and one active duty whose rank is lower than the retired members. They booked several rooms based on the active duty (E-5) pay rank. However, SOG says you cannot book a room for other eligible members.

If retired member doesn't show his ID, would SOG know he was retired military? Not trying to get around rules as the friend didn't know that...just don't want them to get "busted" once they arrive and have to pay more than they expected.

Thanks!

Friends had this happen to them. They booked the reservations not realizing that someone else in the group had a retiree ID. They had 5 or 6 rooms, didn't realize that an in-law's father was retired military. They didn't find out about the 2nd ID until they were in the BX. The active duty guy and wife pulled out ID's to pay for the beer and liquor and the retiree pulled his out also. Anyway, SOG never checked anybody else's name or ID except the sponsor's (the active duty guy and his wife). This was about 4 years ago if I'm remembering correctly.

The core values of the USAF are: Integrity, Excellence, Service before Self
I'm sure integrity is a shared value of the other armed services as well
As a retired AF officer, I would hate to think that a brother or sister would compromise his/her integrity to save a few bucks.
Retired member needs to book his/her own room and follow the rules. SOG probably won't catch it if he/she doesn't, but is sure does diminish the reputation of all of us.

The core values of the USAF are: Integrity, Excellence, Service before Self
I'm sure integrity is a shared value of the other armed services as well
As a retired AF officer, I would hate to think that a brother or sister would compromise his/her integrity to save a few bucks.
Retired member needs to book his/her own room and follow the rules. SOG probably won't catch it if he/she doesn't, but is sure does diminish the reputation of all of us.

Thank you all for your feedback. I am going to share the information with my friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter