SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Please, tell us how you really feel. :rotfl2:

They need to wipe the cobwebs from Evergreen's old menu from 10 years ago. You know, back when there was something worth looking forward to....like the onion rings.

:lmao: I know. I really feel like that's the one thing that will drive me away from SOG when the time comes when we don't need the extra bed in the room (meaning the college age daughter will stop travelling with us and it will just be dh, ds and myself) and at that time I don't know that I'll have trouble paying extra for a "disney" room seeing as how I won't be paying for DD's air/food/etc.

A good place to grab a bite to eat, and a nice place to grab a drink by the pool.

So sorry buffet girl but I had to LOL at this quote.:rotfl2:. My DS is in college and my 22 yr old DD still home with me and they both still want to go away on vacay with me and expect me to pay for it all... DS just turned 21 so now I have to pay for beer as well:woohoo::woohoo:
See it never changes!!

Gotta love them though:love::love:

RE: Family SUites - There are 7 of us going in August and the suites were not available. I spoke with SOG and they said the suites are reserved up to a year in advance and hard to get. They normally give these suites to large families.. I think like 10 or more people.
I am not sure if you will be able to snag a room but call and ask. It can't hurt

So sorry buffet girl but I had to LOL at this quote.:rotfl2:. My DS is in college and my 22 yr old DD still home with me and they both still want to go away on vacay with me and expect me to pay for it all... DS just turned 21 so now I have to pay for beer as well:woohoo::woohoo:
See it never changes!!

RE: Family SUites - There are 7 of us going in August and the suites were not available. I spoke with SOG and they said the suites are reserved up to a year in advance and hard to get. They normally give these suites to large families.. I think like 10 or more people.
I am not sure if you will be able to snag a room but call and ask. It can't hurt
uggh!! seriously, we had mentioned going to this past January and DD took a hissy. I mean, when I was that age the last thing I wanted to do was going on vacation with my parents and little brothers. I keep thinking that she'll eventually want to do her own thing. :lmao:

(I also have MUCH younger brothers and for many years they did mooch off our vacations...every single year. LOL. In fact one of them is coming with us to WDW and as usual I did book his room at SOG and I'm just crossing my fingers I don't have to break any knee caps to get $$ from him. and the funny thing is that he and his wife both work, have just one young child and here I am trying to pay for college, one kid in jr high, 2 deployments, a house etc etc etc and for some reason they still think we have all the money in the world LOl )

uggh!! seriously, we had mentioned going to this past January and DD took a hissy. I mean, when I was that age the last thing I wanted to do was going on vacation with my parents and little brothers. I keep thinking that she'll eventually want to do her own thing. :lmao:

(I also have MUCH younger brothers and for many years they did mooch off our vacations...every single year. LOL. In fact one of them is coming with us to WDW and as usual I did book his room at SOG and I'm just crossing my fingers I don't have to break any knee caps to get $$ from him. and the funny thing is that he and his wife both work, have just one young child and here I am trying to pay for college, one kid in jr high, 2 deployments, a house etc etc etc and for some reason they still think we have all the money in the world LOl )

Hehe. DH and I went this past November without our college freshman DD. We felt so bad we seriously promised to take her to DL when I had a business trip out there last month;) I guess we wouldn't have had it any other way. Yet.

To clarify though... we felt bad but that wore off and we had a great time.

I had to chuckle at the last couple of posts. My youngest dd is married in her mid twenties. She and her dh have gone on several nice vacations since their marriage and make it very clear that it is "their time" and the family isnt invited to join them. However, when we plan our vaca she gets upset that she wont be coming along with us. So funny!! I tell myself I should be grateful that she wants to be with us.

We have paid our deposits for SOG, but I was wondering when the final balance is paid. Do we pay prior to arrival or at departure.

Deposits???:(:( I booked by phone and no one asked me for a deposit. I want to keep my rooms.

Do I need to call?
:confused3:confused3

I had to chuckle at the last couple of posts. My youngest dd is married in her mid twenties. She and her dh have gone on several nice vacations since their marriage and make it very clear that it is "their time" and the family isnt invited to join them. However, when we plan our vaca she gets upset that she wont be coming along with us. So funny!! I tell myself I should be grateful that she wants to be with us.

We have paid our deposits for SOG, but I was wondering when the final balance is paid. Do we pay prior to arrival or at departure.

They will run your CC when you check in, thatn's how we paid our balance and they added parking then as well, after asking if we were self parking or valet.

Deposits???:(:( I booked by phone and no one asked me for a deposit. I want to keep my rooms.

Do I need to call?
:confused3:confused3

They should have gotten a deposit equal to the first night room rate. I would definitely be calling back.

Two songs spring to mind today:

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go!

AND

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya, tomorrow! You're only a day awaaaaaay!!!!

:lmao::lmao:

I am going to try and post a pic of the day each day we are there.

HAHAHA. Oh no. LOL

And nope, you just pay when you get there. I love that.

Jusero - you're driving, right? Do you arrive later today or tomorrow?

Jusero::

HAVE A BLAST!!::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Can't wait to hear all about it... especially the refillable mugs of BEER:lmao::lmao:

Be safe, have fun and hope your weather is PERFECT

Jusero - you're driving, right? Do you arrive later today or tomorrow?

We are actually leaving here tomorrow and checking in to Shades on Friday. We could make the 17-hour trip in one day, but we are old farts and need to rest. :lmao:

Jusero::

HAVE A BLAST!!::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Can't wait to hear all about it... especially the refillable mugs of BEER:lmao::lmao:

Be safe, have fun and hope your weather is PERFECT

Thanks! I checked the 10-day forecast and it looks really good. A bit hot (in the 90s), but no rain. We don't drink beer, but I will def check into it for everyone. :thumbsup2

Will be trying to post here daily. Off to finish packing up the car. Leaving bright and early tomorrow. :cool1:

Thanks! I checked the 10-day forecast and it looks really good. A bit hot (in the 90s), but no rain. We don't drink beer, but I will def check into it for everyone. :thumbsup2

Will be trying to post here daily. Off to finish packing up the car. Leaving bright and early tomorrow. :cool1:

Have a happy and safe trip! :thumbsup2. I'll be watching for your post from SOG, my trip isn't until August and the wait is just awful but I'm gonna live vicariously through all those going to WDW soon.

See it never changes!!

The family suites only sleep up to 8 people, so they're not reserved for large groups. They're pretty much first come first serve. If you book a year in advance, your chances of getting them-even if you're only a group of 2-are much better even if a group of 8 called 2 days later.

Have a safe trip! See ya there Saturday!!! :wizard:

Have a great time to all those that are going this week.. I look forward to Jane's trip report and fantastic pictures...:thumbsup2

I'm here! I'm here! I'm heeeeeeerrrrrreeeee!!!! Now, what the heck am I doing wasting time online??? :lmao:

All checked in and unpacked but can't go to the parks today, so we are soon heading for DTD for some shopping. Sheesh...must I???? :rotfl2:

Anyway. We did not get our fave room 2102, but we did get 3101 which is pretty derned good too. For all my dis buddies who are here with me ... wave on your way by! I have a lime green Mickey on my door. :thumbsup2

See ya 'round the World!!!!!! :banana:

I'm here! I'm here! I'm heeeeeeerrrrrreeeee!!!! Now, what the heck am I doing wasting time online??? :lmao:

All checked in and unpacked but can't go to the parks today, so we are soon heading for DTD for some shopping. Sheesh...must I???? :rotfl2:

Anyway. We did not get our fave room 2102, but we did get 3101 which is pretty derned good too. For all my dis buddies who are here with me ... wave on your way by! I have a lime green Mickey on my door. :thumbsup2

See ya 'round the World!!!!!! :banana:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: I am afraid you must. For those who can't;)

Today's photo of the day. Me being goofy. Well, maybe not Goofy, but goofy. Not really hugging him...trying to take him home.

030.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter