SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I see you are only entitled to 6 sets of tickets. I realize this is extremely nice. Our party consists of 7 people and they are not all family members. Any chance they might sell it to us anyhow?

I also have a question about refillable mugs? I thought I seen somewhere that there is a refillable mug for beer.. Am I dreaming this?

nope. They'll only make the exception if you have 7 family member in your immediate family - soldier and 6 dependents. You can buy the discounted regular tickets for your other family though.

And the refillable - we might have joked about that. LOL.

When you pre-order tickets do you still have to go to the customer service when you get to the park? I'm worried about taking too long activating tickets that i won't make it in for rope drop!

I see you are only entitled to 6 sets of tickets. I realize this is extremely nice. Our party consists of 7 people and they are not all family members. Any chance they might sell it to us anyhow?

I also have a question about refillable mugs? I thought I seen somewhere that there is a refillable mug for beer.. Am I dreaming this?

Shades has a $5.00 Beer mug with $1.00 refills.. (We did not purchase one however) :thumbsup2

When you pre-order tickets do you still have to go to the customer service when you get to the park? I'm worried about taking too long activating tickets that i won't make it in for rope drop!

You still do have to activate your tickets.. It has never taken us longer than 5 minutes.. (Just plan on arriving 10 minutes earlier than you would have.) The pre order is GREAT.. Your tickets are held for you when you check in.. Make sure you ask about them though because I walked away after checking in and remembered them and walked back and she got them for us.. When we walked to our room we noticed the ticket line was all the way to the Starbucks kiosk..:scared1: If you have been to Shades you can only imagine how many people were in that line. The pre order is a GREAT thing IMO..

On pre-order, can you order tickets for others, or do they need to do their own pre-order? We have 6 entitlements left - so 4 are for my family and 2 are for my brother /wife. We will also need one individual child ticket. Will I be able to preorder all 7 tickets that I need on my order form?

Hello! I am new here... we are planning our first trip to WDW since 1999. It'll be mid-Sept and we are staying at SOG. I am a little confused about the park tickets. We definitely want to be able to park-hop and are going to be at the parks for 6 days, so the 4-day discounted military pass won't be long enough. What options are there for us?

If you pay a little extra for the park hopper/water park and more fun, you can make the four day pass work, but only if you are willing to take a break from the parks.
On your 'break days', you could do a water park, Disney Quest, or mini golf.
We have also had a great time resort hopping & shopping, and we have made ADR's for resort restaurants or Downtown Disney.

Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $138 each
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Parks Fun and More Option for $138 each, AND
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More Options for $165 each

We are planning on the waterparks on two of the days, but want to have the option of going back to one of the parks if we want. Is the Stars and Stripes hopper passes our best bet? It's my husband, myself, and our four kids.

Shades has a $5.00 Beer mug with $1.00 refills.. (We did not purchase one however) :thumbsup2

Where does on get this mug and the refills? we will be at the pool the entire first day we arrive ( no park day ) and we are transferring over to Contemp. After that. DH would love this since in the park beer is outrageously priced everywhere.
Also is the Starbucks kiosk a real Starbucks or just has Starbucks regular coffee for purchase?

I don't remember anything from our brief visit to Shades back in 2005 except the long line to purchase tickets!

thanks for all the great information on the pre order. I just have one last question? How do I go about getting the pre order form and how early can I get the tickets?

Any other tips for getting to park or if you prefer old or newer building will be appreciated. :thumbsup2

Building preference is something I've been wondering about too. With four little ones, we'd like to be near the pool, so I did request that when I made our reservations. Is that a far walk to the buses, or to the walkway to Poly?

We are planning on the waterparks on two of the days, but want to have the option of going back to one of the parks if we want. Is the Stars and Stripes hopper passes our best bet? It's my husband, myself, and our four kids.
I would look at the prices but you might do better to get 2 sets of the 4 day passes and put wp on one set and hoppers on one set. Then on the days where you feel like going to a park after a WP, use those tickets (you'll have 4 entries and you won't be hopping that day) and then on the other 4 days you'll have hoppers to use.

if I'm pricing this right
2 adults and 4 kids at the stars and stripes rate comes to $1980 (for 6 days passes which include hoppers and WP)
2 sets of $138 passes comes to $1656

You are entitled to 12 'purchases'. and yes, you'll have actually 8 park days instead of only 6. These tickets are slated to expire 9/30 but who knows if they might be extended.

They emailed me the pre-order form about 1 -2 weeks before our arrival.

We take the frequent shuttle to the TTC and take buses from there to AK and HS if we are on a different schedule that the SOG buses. We think it's quicker than waiting at the Poly for buses.

if I'm pricing this right
2 adults and 4 kids at the stars and stripes rate comes to $1980 (for 6 days passes which include hoppers and WP)
2 sets of $138 passes comes to $1656

You are entitled to 12 'purchases'. and yes, you'll have actually 8 park days instead of only 6. These tickets are slated to expire 9/30 but who knows if they might be extended.

Thanks buffettgirl! Can we use the $138/165 passes back to back? That would be ideal if we can (though it kills me not to stay two extra days to use the tickets - I already booked our flight!)

yep, you can definitely use them back to back if that works out for you. You can also use them at the same time (even though the official rules say no more than 6 in use at one time, the ticket sticky and various discussions with Cheshire Figment have indicated that Disney does not care how many are in use at once) 12 can be purchased at one time.
So on one day use the ones with hoppers, and another day use the ones with WP. Just make sure you keep track of which are which LOL.

Where does on get this mug and the refills? we will be at the pool the entire first day we arrive ( no park day ) and we are transferring over to Contemp. After that. DH would love this since in the park beer is outrageously priced everywhere.
Also is the Starbucks kiosk a real Starbucks or just has Starbucks regular coffee for purchase?

I don't remember anything from our brief visit to Shades back in 2005 except the long line to purchase tickets!

The mug can be purchased at Lucky's, Evergreens, Mangino's or Garden Gallery. As for the Starbucks, I am sure that it is a real Starbucks kiosk. They do lattes. Fraps and such.. They are served in Starbucks cups.. Plus the sign above the Kiosk says "Starbucks." The coffee and lattes that I have had were amazing just like the Starbucks where I live.. Nothing different than where I live.. (I have read that the WDW hotels were now offering the same Kiosks)

yep, you can definitely use them back to back if that works out for you. You can also use them at the same time (even though the official rules say no more than 6 in use at one time, the ticket sticky and various discussions with Cheshire Figment have indicated that Disney does not care how many are in use at once) 12 can be purchased at one time.
So on one day use the ones with hoppers, and another day use the ones with WP. Just make sure you keep track of which are which LOL.

I had spoke with a guy at SOG ticket sales and he said that we could only have six activated at one time, and there needed to be a week in between activating the first six and another set of six. Was he misinformed? I'd really hate to buy the wrong tickets! We can only buy 6 total at our MWR, so I suppose the other six would have to be purchased at SOG. I apologize for all the questions!

I had thought I had read somewhere that the pools were heated but on our Feb trip neither one was. I'm wondering was I misinformed or maybe the heating system wasn't working. Thinking we may stay there again next trip but wondering about the pools. Thanks for any info you can give.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter