SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I'm staying at a Disney Resort in July, but want to purchase tickets at SOG. Where can I find info on pre-purchasing military tickets from SOG?
Thanks!

Congrats on this early Christmas present! :cool1:

Thanks! I can't decide if the gift is getting FD or not having to stay with MIL and FIL in same room :thumbsup2

I'm staying at a Disney Resort in July, but want to purchase tickets at SOG. Where can I find info on pre-purchasing military tickets from SOG?
Thanks!

Not sure if things have changed, but last trip we were told we could not pre-order tickets if we weren't staying at SoG. I ended up just running over and buying them while rest of family wandered around DtD. This trip, we're just going to order from ITT.
Hope things have changed since we went last time - the line to buy tickets was ridiculous!!!

"Starting June 10 2014, the bus service to and from Typhoon Lagoon after 2pm will only be available at Epcot. This means that if going to Typhoon Lagoon, you will first need to go to Epcot via bus or monorail, and then change onto the bus to Typhoon Lagoon.

On the return journey, you will be dropped-off at Epcot, and will then take another bus or monorail to your next destination. Note that the changes of route only impacts those traveling after 2pm."

How does this effect the Shades bus?

It should have no impact since Shades is not a WDW resort. Sounds like WDW made a decision based on how few people travel after 2 so they just consolidated the routes to save money.

It does not affect the SOG bus system, which is not the same as the WDW bus system.

Yes, it's not the same bus system, but because it has to do with road construction and not ridership ("The routing changes are related to the bus stop closures and lane changes taking place at Downtown Disney during the expansion of the roadways for Disney Springs. There is no word yet on how long the new route will be in effect for.") I'm wondering if they might restrict Shades bus access.

Just wanted to pass a heads up that that I am cancelling 3 rooms at SoG that fall over Christmas (20-25)... I saw that Christmas was booked so I wanted to post here in case someone was hoping for something to open up! I'm not sure when inventory goes back in but figured it was worth mentioning! It's all for a good reason - our group of 12 managed to snag FD and will be able to breathe much easier in 4 rooms v 3!!! :grouphug:

That's awesome!! We just had to bump our dates from August to December ( first day of school is a week earlier than usual!!). We 're free dining @ Caribbean beach but want to swap to SOG if a good deal opens up!

Does anyone know if SOG is going to offer a December special this year? They did deck the palms previous years with breakfast and dinner included.

Just wanted to pass a heads up that that I am cancelling 3 rooms at SoG that fall over Christmas (20-25)... I saw that Christmas was booked so I wanted to post here in case someone was hoping for something to open up! I'm not sure when inventory goes back in but figured it was worth mentioning! It's all for a good reason - our group of 12 managed to snag FD and will be able to breathe much easier in 4 rooms v 3!!! :grouphug:

That's awesome! We are on free dining at Caribbean beach in December (had to switch from August since school is starting a week earlier this year!!)

Anyone know if the deck the palms package will be offered again in December (or any other offer?). We want to stay Shades (for the bigger room and balcony) but so far free dining was the better deal!

On the SOG website, the December special is listed as "Stay and Play in our Winter Wonderland" for dates December 1 - 19. Rates start at $89.00 (for category 1) and includes breakfast for 2 adults in the Garden Gallery.

We have the 4 day Military Salute special tickets and plan on SOG stay. I want To include son, dil and 2 small grand kids in sponsored room. If. I read this correct stars and stripes ticket for their for 2 days ( length of time they will be able to stay) can also qualify for Fl resident on top of Stars and Stripe ticket for ncreased savings. Anyone know?

Thanks!

We always buy our tickets at Shades of Green when we visit. We usually make this part of our first day ritual. You can tell the gate you only need to buy tickets and they will let you onsite with a pass. You will need to have proper military ID. It is right past the check in desk. Very easy to get to and usually not much of a line. They also have a small AAFES store there where you can buy sun hats/snacks, etc using the Military Star card. Unfortunately the Star card can't be used for attraction tickets.
I'm not sure about pre-purchase from Shades. You may have to check their website to see if that is offered. If its not on the site they are pretty good about answering emailed questions.

The Mill Pond Pool (aka the Mickey Mouse pool) renovation is scheduled to start on 26 Jul and run through December.

Have not been on this page in forever. Life just got very busy. Missed everyone and am looking forward to our October trip.

And please send me some pixie dust. I applied for an internal communications manager position at ... drum roll ... Disney World! :cool1:

Have not been on this page in forever. Life just got very busy. Missed everyone and am looking forward to our October trip.

And please send me some pixie dust. I applied for an internal communications manager position at ... drum roll ... Disney World! :cool1:

:wizard: WOW!! Imagine you a communicator :) I don't even know you and can help but think you'll be amazing!

We always buy our tickets at Shades of Green when we visit. We usually make this part of our first day ritual. You can tell the gate you only need to buy tickets and they will let you onsite with a pass. You will need to have proper military ID. It is right past the check in desk. Very easy to get to and usually not much of a line. They also have a small AAFES store there where you can buy sun hats/snacks, etc using the Military Star card. Unfortunately the Star card can't be used for attraction tickets.
I'm not sure about pre-purchase from Shades. You may have to check their website to see if that is offered. If its not on the site they are pretty good about answering emailed questions.

I just wanted to add that you can shop at AAFES without the Star card. We don't have one and just use our Amex.

Returned last week from our 3rd Shades stay! Besides the 2 fire alarms mishaps ( one at 8:30pm and one at 12:30am) our stay was perfect! I loved room 244 . I enjoyed being closer to the lobby , but also close to the pools . We enjoyed the great pitchers of beer / free popcorn / and decent food at Evergreens!! Can't say the same about the overpriced buffet ! We loved the new pool, the kids enjoyed the volleyball net and I loved the hot tub ! It will be sad though when both pools close early and open late!!

Are the renovations complete on the pools?

The Mill Pond aka Mickey Mouse pool has not been renovated yet - the renovations are scheduled to start at the end of July and run through December.

The Magnolia pool renovation is complete. It is open 10am to 10pm and now has life guards. So there is a pool available even with the Mill Pond pool closed for renovations.

Does anyone know if you can pre-purchase park passes at SOG ...even if not staying there??? I had read somewhere that there is a form or something. I can get 6 of the salute tickets here locally, but we need one more either MYW or Stars and Stripes ticket to go with our others. I want to get them soon so I can do the FP+ and enter the ticket info into MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter