SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Thought I would repost this here since there has been so much recent conversation.
Some minor changes since they moved the coffee into the lobby area, Evergreens is back at location #26, and the spa is now near room 121.
Probably a few more, but room numbers are accurate.
I
SOGmap2009.jpg

Just thought I'd add that the rooms with 3 numbers are in the Magnolia Wing (top right) and the rooms with 4 numbers are in the Palm Wing (attached to the parking garage). They aren't identified on the map.

Thank you so much! That map is exactly what I needed! Now just one quick question, in the magnolia wing, which are the rooms on the same level as the lobby? I had the first room after you passed through the walkway and it was very convenient!

Thank you so much! That map is exactly what I needed! Now just one quick question, in the magnolia wing, which are the rooms on the same level as the lobby? I had the first room after you passed through the walkway and it was very convenient!

200 level rooms are the same level as the lobby.

So, the 200 level rooms would be a close walk to pool?
Are these rooms with double sinks in bathrooms?
We have only stayed on 3 floor..miles away! Like being at AK.

I'd say anything in the 100's is a short walk to either pool.
We've only stayed in the Palm wing and didn't think the walk was bad from there, but we are all teens and adults which might make a difference.

As far as I know, the only 200 or 300 level rooms that have the double sinks are in the following corridors;
220-239/ 320-339
256-281/356-381
They are in the very back of the resort; so about as far a walk from the lobby as possible. We prefer the 220-239 rooms because they are close to both pools, and the hot tub, and once we learned to park outside at the golf clubhouse, not that far of a walk at all from the car.

I like to share this to remind us that our Shades is not a huge resort.
Below are the on property hotels with the number of rooms. Without the Villas which add size to the Deluxe resorts. Also, I consider Beach Club and Yacht Club to be one big resort and add those together.
Can you imagine Art & Animation.... only one bus stop!

Shades of Green at Walt Disney World 586
Disney's Contemporary Resort 655
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort 1,920
Disney's All-Star Music Resort 1,920
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort 1,920
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge 972
Disney's Art of Animation Resort 1,984
Disney's Beach Club Resort 583
Disney's BoardWalk Inn 371
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 2,112
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort 1,915
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins 409
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort 867
Disney's Old Key West Resort 761
Disney's Polynesian Resort 847
Disney's Pop Century Resort 2,880
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter 1,008
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside 2,048
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa 1,260
Disney's Wilderness Lodge 727
Disney's Yacht Club Resort 630
Dolphin at Walt Disney World 1,509
Swan at Walt Disney World 758

So we are more than 45 days out now and no pre order form for tickets has been emailed. I emailed the ticket office and their response was very short saying I will get it about 30 days out. (Eek!) That doesn't give them much time to process it and me much time to prepare to book fast passes. Someone mentioned on the Facebook page to call them, but are they going to give me the same "sorry we'll send it around 30 days " response. Anyone have experience with this??

I called the ticket office and they sent the forms, we will be down there June-July. We have our ticket numbers and planning now.

I called the ticket office and they sent the forms, we will be down there June-July. We have our ticket numbers and planning now.
Really! I guess I'll have to give them a call then. Wonder why it was such a struggle for them to do it via email . Hm

Is there anyone there now that can that can tell me if they have any Vera Bradley Disney print items in the shopette... thanks

Same. I called at my 42-day mark. I was initially told 30 days, but I politely reminded the rep that I needed tix before then so I could start making FP+ reservations at 30 days. They e-mailed the form, and I faxed it back. I now have my vouchers and an able to make FP+ reservations!

Hello everyone! We will be returning to SOG Aug 19-26 and this will be our first long stay there. Last trip we used SOG for one night prior to our AFVCLUB condo rental and had a room palm side, second room as soon as you go down the ramp from the lobby. We liked that location but since we will be using the pools much more this time I'm concerned that we need to move to magnolia side. Any recommendations? It'll be 2 adults, 1 5yo and 1 2yo.

Also, any word on mill pond pool updates? We were hoping it'll open by our trip but I'm hearing it hasn't even started yet!

Thanks!
Jenn

Hello everyone! We will be returning to SOG Aug 19-26 and this will be our first long stay there. Last trip we used SOG for one night prior to our AFVCLUB condo rental and had a room palm side, second room as soon as you go down the ramp from the lobby. We liked that location but since we will be using the pools much more this time I'm concerned that we need to move to magnolia side. Any recommendations? It'll be 2 adults, 1 5yo and 1 2yo.

Also, any word on mill pond pool updates? We were hoping it'll open by our trip but I'm hearing it hasn't even started yet!

Thanks!
Jenn

We've had that room too! Love the location. I've never stayed in the Magnolia wing so I can't help. But thought this question needed a bump :)

Hello everyone! We will be returning to SOG Aug 19-26 and this will be our first long stay there. Last trip we used SOG for one night prior to our AFVCLUB condo rental and had a room palm side, second room as soon as you go down the ramp from the lobby. We liked that location but since we will be using the pools much more this time I'm concerned that we need to move to magnolia side. Any recommendations? It'll be 2 adults, 1 5yo and 1 2yo. Also, any word on mill pond pool updates? We were hoping it'll open by our trip but I'm hearing it hasn't even started yet! Thanks! Jenn

So funny, that room is the same one we had last year, and we are asking for the same area next weekend! We are doing 2 nights before our AFV condo. I will let you know if we end up there and how it is!

Does anyone else hate it when free dining is offered when you plan to go?

No, because those getting "Free dining" are paying rack rates and not getting the deals we do at SOG. I can't imagine any free dining time being cheaper than SOG and paying for meals, especially for a comparable sized room and resort.

Nothing is "free".

Hello everyone! We will be returning to SOG Aug 19-26 and this will be our first long stay there. Last trip we used SOG for one night prior to our AFVCLUB condo rental and had a room palm side, second room as soon as you go down the ramp from the lobby. We liked that location but since we will be using the pools much more this time I'm concerned that we need to move to magnolia side. Any recommendations? It'll be 2 adults, 1 5yo and 1 2yo. Also, any word on mill pond pool updates? We were hoping it'll open by our trip but I'm hearing it hasn't even started yet! Thanks! Jenn

Ok, we are here now on the Palm side. Our last stay was in 1102, which is the second room after the entrance from the outdoor walkway to Magnolias. It's right by the door to the garage. I would assume 2102 is directly above it, and would be right off the lobby ramp. We went to the pool today, and as long as you can do stairs, it's right near the ticket booth to go down (took me longer to figure out the elevators with the stroller). Since we had the stroller we walked outside coming back, via the gazebo, and it was very quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter