SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Just wanted to check my ticker without searching for my last post.

Lookie! Lookie! Lookie!!!!! :dance3:

Heading back to SOG this summer after a few years of not being there. I have been reading a lot lately about these new RFID ticket/wristband things and the new Fastpass Plus system. We just get the Stars & Stripes length of stay passes at SOG. How (if at all) is this affected by all this new stuff? What do I need to know? Is anything different or do I just still use the paper ticket to get in the gate and to get fast passes as usual.
Just want to be prepared! Thanks
Also - I know we don't get to park for free at the parks any more but are we still included in the extra magic hours at the parks?

Heading back to SOG this summer after a few years of not being there. I have been reading a lot lately about these new RFID ticket/wristband things and the new Fastpass Plus system. We just get the Stars & Stripes length of stay passes at SOG. How (if at all) is this affected by all this new stuff? What do I need to know? Is anything different or do I just still use the paper ticket to get in the gate and to get fast passes as usual.
Just want to be prepared! Thanks
Also - I know we don't get to park for free at the parks any more but are we still included in the extra magic hours at the parks?

Yes, SOG guests do get EMH!!. I believe the new wristbands & Fast Pass+ are not yet in effect across the board, only to certain guests of certain resorts. I asked the question about the Military Salute tickets, and I was told that when you activate the tickets at Disney, they will be replaced with the new RFID tickets.:)

Yes, SOG guests do get EMH!!. I believe the new wristbands & Fast Pass+ are not yet in effect across the board, only to certain guests of certain resorts. I asked the question about the Military Salute tickets, and I was told that when you activate the tickets at Disney, they will be replaced with the new RFID tickets.:)

From what I've been reading, here's the rub. You have to have the voucher numbers from the tickets in order to book your FP+ experiences. Guests will be able to book up to 180 days out for rides just like for ADRs. If you don't get the tickets until you get there, all the good FP are gone, and you get the Magical surprise and delight of FP for Jungle Cruise and Magic Carpet Ride!!!! Can you tell I'm VERY happy this didn't roll out as expected before our July trip?

You have to have the voucher numbers from the tickets in order to book your FP+ experiences. Guests will be able to book up to 180 days out for rides just like for ADRs.

Wow. That's very new information. Everything I have read, including on the My Disney Experience terms of use page, has stated 60 days out for FP+ reservations. Can you please post a link to where you saw 180 days out?

From what I've been reading, here's the rub. You have to have the voucher numbers from the tickets in order to book your FP+ experiences. Guests will be able to book up to 180 days out for rides just like for ADRs. If you don't get the tickets until you get there, all the good FP are gone, and you get the Magical surprise and delight of FP for Jungle Cruise and Magic Carpet Ride!!!! Can you tell I'm VERY happy this didn't roll out as expected before our July trip?

Good grief! I had heard about the advance booking for rides at the 180 day mark, but I had no idea about this 'voucher number ' thing. It makes sense because now the Disney resort reservations, ADR's, and tickets are all linked together on 'My Disney Experience', so once you've purchased a package through Disney you can book all of your Fast Passes at 180 days out. Yes, I'm glad this thing is not happening in July!

Since it's only being tested right now and after the test it will be reviewed and redesigned, I don't know that there is really any cause for worry about it right now. No one really knows how it's going to work.

Okay, I'm a little freaked out right now. The online reservation site is back up at the SOG site and I needed to drop a day off of one of my rooms for our reservation next month. I put in my email address and the confirmation number and it said that they couldn't find a reservation with that information! So I tried our other room's confirmation number and it says the same thing! I have the email confirmations I got from them but I did make the reservations almost a year ago. Guess I will be calling first thing Monday morning!

Okay, I'm a little freaked out right now. The online reservation site is back up at the SOG site and I needed to drop a day off of one of my rooms for our reservation next month. I put in my email address and the confirmation number and it said that they couldn't find a reservation with that information! So I tried our other room's confirmation number and it says the same thing! I have the email confirmations I got from them but I did make the reservations almost a year ago. Guess I will be calling first thing Monday morning!

Don't panic. I'm sure everything is okay because you have the email confirmations. SOG online reservation system is just not reliable, so it's always best to call them. Have a great trip!:)

Don't panic. I'm sure everything is okay because you have the email confirmations. SOG online reservation system is just not reliable, so it's always best to call them. Have a great trip!:)

Thanks - that makes me feel better. I will call on Monday morning!

I should be doing my 90-day Disney dance today, but it's kid of hard being happy today. We lost a good friend and neighbor of 15 years suddenly yesterday. And, to make matters worse (if that is possible), he just celebrated his 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday and died on Sunday, Father's Day. Prayers and thoughts are with his wife and children. :sad::littleangel:

I should be doing my 90-day Disney dance today, but it's kid of hard being happy today. We lost a good friend and neighbor of 15 years suddenly yesterday. And, to make matters worse (if that is possible), he just celebrated his 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday and died on Sunday, Father's Day. Prayers and thoughts are with his wife and children. :sad::littleangel:

So sorry for your loss, how very sad.:sad1:

I am sorry for your loss!

Condolences to friends and family. :rose:

Jusero, I am going to be anxiously awaiting you comments and trip report. So much new! AAFES, Pool, Fastpass+, Test track and Main Street Bakery. Uff da. I can trust you not to mince words or sugar coat your feelings :)

Jusero, I am going to be anxiously awaiting you comments and trip report. So much new! AAFES, Pool, Fastpass+, Test track and Main Street Bakery. Uff da. I can trust you not to mince words or sugar coat your feelings :)

You can count on me! :cool1: However, I probably won't be doing the fastpass+. I find it hard to plan my days down to the minute like that. Of course, maybe I will try it for one day, just to test the water. :thumbsup2

Hi Jusero! We leave in 6 day for SOG and live in Ellicott City, too! Small World!;)

It' a small world after all! It's a small world after all! It's a small, small world! :dancer:

OK, now that I have that song stuck in everyone's head ... :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter